teaser05.jpg

teaser06.jpg

teaser07.jpg

teaser08.jpg

teaser09.jpg

teaser10.jpg

teaser11.jpg

teaser12.jpg

Apart from the question of what will ship with the game, maybe more important is if they are going to allow modding of the game so that people with the talent can add series if they so wish.
DTM GT3 GT4 Blancpain would be good starters to ship with the game
awaiting the 15th with bated breath

Funny i though i was posting a reply, thats old age for you :)

I for one hope that modding is not allowed. We have rFactor 2 for that.

Just want kick ass licensed GT content to race with out of the box just like in GTR2. Dont need more than that.

Your assuming that it will have content ( kick ass licensed GT )that you want, if it doesn't will you still buy it.
If they do make it open to modding the chances are higher that you will get the series you are looking for.
If you were to to tot up all that might not buy it because it didn't ship will with content that such and such wants,
for the company it would seem they would have more sales because of modders.
Also for those that don't want it modded, want difference will it make to their gameplay , its not like that
modders charge a fee like dlc that everyone has to have to complete in a series.

Im a bit surprised by your post Bram

Why surprised. You have modders and modders. If all modding teams have the quality of Reiza Studios, SimBin or Slightly Mad Studios it would be awesome. Unfortunately there are tons of mods out there for both Simbin as ISI titles that are quantity mods. I prefer out of the box quality content and I don't mind paying for it when its original and high standard.

I expect GTR3 to be step forward as where Simbin left with GTR2. In GTR2 I never needed any mods either as the GT, NGT and G3 content was more than enough for me to enjoy myself.

Final reason: I am mainly an online racer and as to date I've had my best online racing experiences in "closed" games: iRacing, Game Stock Car and RACE 06. Everybody knows the little amount of tracks and really master their cars. The more laps people drive on the same content the better the racing gets.

Of course when your main focus is not online racing but get your kicks by trying as much content as possible I can imagine you have a different point of view. Everybody their own taste I'd say :)

for the company it would seem they would have more sales because of modders.

Really? From a company point of view I tend to disagree. Companies want to sell content, not release a game that will last for years. They want customers to buy their slightly modified games each year (FIFA?!).

What a company wants is not always the same as what a gamer wants.

I hope for GT3 or GT4 content and we can continue with our good old RDGTC. Even better would be the blancpain Endurance series and have longer races than we had in the RACE Series.

So whats the difference between rFactor 2 and GTR3 that its acceptable for mods on one but not on the other ?
Especially as it seems rFactor 2 will be shipping with a lot more content and is likely to be updated much more often.
You didn't say if you would buy GTR3 if is doesn't have the series you are interested in
Mods are more that just new models , skinning , graphic effects , sounds etc

I don't know what the difference is as both games haven't been released yet :)

But I can't imagine that GTR3 won't feature the content I love. The first two games of the GTR series nailed it. It's called GTR for a reason I hope: GT Racing? Always a winner for me :)

Edit: actually should have said the first three games if you include GTR Evolution also. The cars in that expansion pack were also great content.

but some of the better mod tracks are just phenomenal additions (VLM and others)
Totally agree on that :) The LM24, Mid Ohio, Rouen and Sebring tracks are top notch if not the best add-on tracks in the community. Virtua_LM is one of those modding teams that deliver top quality for years.

Hoping since they have pit crew back we will have tire compound choices. Please God lets have multi screen race telemetry featuring moted add please I will forfet pit babes for good telemetry
I agree, they MUST go back to the tyre compound choices we had in the previous versions of GTR/GTR2, i hate Evo for that fact alone, only slicks or wets, i hope that they get the weather right this time, it was perfect in GTR but not so in GTR2 once it rained in GTR2 it didnt stop whereas in GTR you could start the race raining then it would dry out, you could see the dry line then go onto the wet stuff to cool your tyres then have to make the choice of either coming in to change to soft/medium/hard slicks or go onto inters and hope that it doesnt completely dry up. That adds so much to the immersion factor and the realism. Also, i have heard that GTR3 will be based on the GT1 world champoinship but not sure if it will be the 2010 series or the 2011 series, i guess we will find out soon enough.

I agree with Bram's opinion on this.
Personally I would only allow addon tracks. There are a lot of pretty good quality tracks out there.
Addon cars are different. I haven't found any that could get close to the quality of stock content.
For e.g. here is the popular Porsche Supercup:
- FFB issues on weight transfer and various physics model problems.
I stopped playing addon cars after a Porsche Supercup / Monaco combination RD Club race. It was horrible to drive. Compared: the so-feared F3000 car was a piece of cake to drive there.

RDGTC S6 :D . Would be nice with driver swapping like in GT3. A gold rated driver and a silver or bronze rated driver paired together. Would add a new flavour to online racing. (proper team work, pitting tactics etc)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back