RaceRoom Racing Experience Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
It took me three attempts to get it to load the right tracks for the servers. One day they might bother to fix this stupid bug. It can't be that bloody difficult. :rolleyes:
Massive shakeup of the API in the next update according to @J-F Chardon, bit of luck it will improve server side activities, haven't run a server myself for over 18 months due to glitches that just got on my nerves. JF also mentioned previously (quite a while ago) that the servers would be getting a revamp with added features, inc kick etc, so hopefully this update will be the one that finally makes running a server simple, rather than the chore it can be. Anyone who has created an App for RR should have the heads up on future improvements, as they were requested to make contact regarding the API update, could well all be held to a non disclosure agreement of course. Shouldn't be much longer before February's update, I can give one little nugget that I got directly from the horses mouth, defo 2 Porsche arriving, which, no idea but at least the 2018 Porsche promise will be fulfilled. Do hope they maintain their historic theme, love the 934, though I do loathe the tyres profusely.

JF also mentioned previously (quite a while ago) that the servers would be getting a revamp with added features, inc kick etc, so hopefully this update will be the one that finally makes running a server simple, rather than the chore it can be.
It would be about time. Online racing is what R3E is all about, so it's almost a crime that it has such incomplete, amateurish server controls even after all these years. I mean, we can't even skip sessions or kick unwelcome drivers, two incredibly basic features which are part of the admin commands for pretty much every online game out there. :O_o:

guy-shaking-head-gif-10.gif

Have to admit... I'm not a fan. Think it's a bit ugly, to be honest. Looks like it's short-sighted and is squinting to see it's way ahead. Pretty sure R3E didn't renew their DTM license, but perhaps they'll get it again if there are no other takers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 84 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 166 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 318 27.9%