RaceRoom Racing Experience Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really think this event on Tuesdays has been overplayed and has become boring after more than 6 months and is in need of a change. And I really do think the DTM 92 would be much more popular at this stage. This is my opinion of course and feel sure it will be contradicted. But that's ok that's just someone else's opinion.
Well from a totally honest point of view, for all the content we have right now and what coming in the future, there is no imagination and full use of Raceroom, the format has become boring, and no matter what has been said before repetitive, drivers/customers are not listened too, any form of multi class racing are being rejected, and there are so many options for that, we have good drivers here, and many have moved on for these reason I believe, even staff, it is suppose to be a racing community for fun clean racing and enjoyment, but for sure with Raceroom it doesn't feel like it with it's present format, that's one reason I haven't renewed my subs..
As I keep saying guys, if you want to talk about RD policy, feel free to make a post in the Paddock Club where it can be discussed by all RD members. Posting this kind of thing in an event thread (or the R3E forum for that matter) is literally a waste of time, because very few people will see it, and the people that "matter" definitely wont. The discussion just gets lost and then repeated every other week, and with the same result. Put it somewhere where everyone can see it, and it'll be harder to ignore.

What I will say is that if you are looking for daily multi-class racing (which, as we all know, R3E has issues with), F1, prototypes, Gr5, Indycar, etc, then you're unlikely to see it here. Using classes like that goes against the current core philosophy of RD's club racing, which is to provide inclusive, close, high-quality racing for all levels of drivers including complete beginners. I honestly can't see that changing anytime soon. (Nor am I convinced that it should, to be quite honest.)

It's a fact that I have attempted to introduce new ideas to try and cater for the "veterans", but have met opposition on most occasions. So I dropped the ideas and in all honesty, don't really see the point in coming up with anything else right now. I've also voiced what I've heard around the club but to no avail, so coming from me alone is not going to change anything.

So again, if you have a complaint or idea you think will get popular support, then by all means post it here where all members can see and comment on it. Otherwise, nothing is going to change.

Reactions: DND
@FeltHat, not being funny mate, but that really isn't what I meant at all. All that does it make me and the R3E club sound like crap, so thanks a lot for that. :thumbsdown:

What I meant was for an RD-wide discussion on club policy, not a targeted complaint that has no business being in the general discussion forum.

Club's policy sounds fine to me (atleast that description you provided)
No it isn't, according to what you desire. High-powered cars that are difficult to drive are not inclusive or accessible to rookie drivers, nor do they provide close, high-quality racing. Case in point, Sunday's Gr5 event. The vast majority of people were spread out across the track, going door-to-door was suicide, and numerous people spun and slid their way off the track even without help from anyone else. The same can be said every time we run high-powered cars such as the FR X-17, P2, GTR 1/2, etc. Attrition rates are always higher in such events too. These things are fact, and that is why running such cars is frowned upon by upper management. So yeah, I'm already going against general policy when I run them at all, as are other organisers in their respective clubs. And yes, we are being moaned at for doing so.

In contrast, the WTCR's prove every single week that they are capable of providing the closest, most exciting racing we have in this or any other club. Half the time there is less than one second covering P1 to P10 in qualifying, and door-to-door racing is a regular occurrence that doesn't result in game over for one of the drivers. What other classes provide similar experiences? NSUs. WTCCs. Audi TTs, both varieties. What's the common theme here? They're all "slower", more forgiving cars.

With all that said, I really don't care what type of racing people want. I love the "fast" cars myself, as you guys know. If the majority are in favour of something, I'll do it because otherwise what's the point? But right now, RD policy doesn't allow for the kind of thing the vocal minority are asking for, so that group of people will need to try and affect change. To do that, you post a mature, reasoned argument in the Paddock Club, not a pointless rant targeted at one day/event/club/person. Once you become a vocal majority, there's a chance someone important will take notice.

I am getting pissed off with this "variety" bullshit though, quite frankly. As I have said on multiple occasions, we have three events per week, two of which never feature the same classes on consecutive weeks. Please explain how that is a lack of variety. We have a lot more variety here than in certain other clubs, I can tell you that now. I'm also getting fed up of people claiming it's the reason for low grids, when it clearly is not. One look at my race calendar proves that. The grids are similar regardless of the class and track being used.

TLDR; if you guys want change, come up with some valid points and arguments, backed up with fact rather than BS, and make them heard in the Paddock Club. At least do me the favour of not posting it in event threads every week, because I can't do anything about it on my own and this kind of crap in said event threads is hardly going to make our club more appealing to new people, is it?

Yeah well you can sign me out as well.

Just about had enough of having anything I have to say about anything called bulshit or crap.

I have no idea why I want to put my post in Paddock Club when it would serve no purpose. And obviously putting it in here also serves no purpose. As it is treated like crap and bulshit here as well. I feel it would be treated like b******* and crap elsewhere. So if it's not listen to with any interest what's the point of posting anything anywhere regarding any subject of this nature. Spot on management.

Congratulations on seeing two words of my post, and completely ignoring both the context in which they were said, and the other 99.9% of my post in which I explained how to go about getting your views seen and heard. Congratulations on also, once again, taking a general post as a personal attack.

You've not once made your views on RD public in the Paddock Club, so who are you to say what would and would not work? But it's fine. Choose to do nothing and nothing will change. If that's your attitude then nobody can help you.

Just FYI, over the last few weeks I've ruined my previously good relationship with upper management by fighting on behalf of RD's loyal members. What do I get in return? This kind of BS from the tiny minority. They may be a minority, but I'll tell you that their constant negativity still saps all of my enthusiasm and motivation for bothering to continue trying to improve anything around here.

Here's my setup that got me the top of the leaderboard.
It is extremely unstable when you're giving it everything you can. But unfortunately that's how it is when you're driving like a lunatic which you will need to do in order to be fast.
If you want it to be a little bit more stable I'm sure you know what to do in the way of adjustment but it will be slower.

Attachments

• AQUILA CR1 SPORTS GT BRIDGE LB.svm
    6.5 KB · Views: 173
Here's my setup that got me the top of the leaderboard.
It is extremely unstable when you're giving it everything you can. But unfortunately that's how it is when you're driving like a lunatic which you will need to do in order to be fast.
If you want it to be a little bit more stable I'm sure you know what to do in the way of adjustment but it will be slower.
Hi Calvyn, its an insane time man!
I could you achieve it, you lunatic, w/ all those pesky, dreadfull, hyper-sensitive cut penalties...?
You are a sorcerer of the wheel, you are ehehe :D:D:D
Congrats mate;)

WTCR 2018.jpg

Welcome to the R3E racing club! This is the place to be for relaxed, friendly racing and our events are open to everybody from rookies to the seasoned pros. You will always find people around your level to battle with, so jump on in! If you need any help the don't hesitate to ask on TeamSpeak... there's no such thing as a stupid question!

All premium members can sign up for this event. Sign up below and make sure to tag fellow community members who you think are up for a challenge!

Join us
Not a premium member yet but interested in racing with our group of friendly drivers? Click here for more information and learn how you can participate.

Racing Club Rules: Click here
Server and Teamspeak Password: Click here (TEAMSPEAK IS MANDATORY)

Teamspeak Installation Guide: Click here
Incident Reporting: Click here

We also recommend the use of an app called Crew Chief. It gives you an audio spotter that tells you when cars are alongside, greatly increasing your awareness and reducing unnecessary incidents. You can download it here.

Server Name:
RaceDepartment.com EU Tues
Cars: WTCR 2018
Track: Norisring

Tuesday 26/03/19
Practice:
20:00 UTC (30 minutes)
Qualifying: 20:30 UTC (15 minutes)

Warmup: 20:45 UTC (5 minutes)
Race: 20:50 UTC (30 minutes)

Entry List - 32 slots
  1. budlix
  2. balage06
  3. Mike Wyatt
  4. Steve Le Gallez
  5. FeltHat
  6. PurgerUK
  7. Bunnysanta
  8. paulbee058
  9. Thegodfather6571
  10. Trebormoore84
  11. DKOliver
  12. Jopamir
  13. Matthias
  14. Yetch
  15. SR Chok
  16. Paulo Ribeiro
  17. Paul Glover
  18. M4LLY
  19. BBKing212
  20. Free slot
  21. Free slot
  22. Free slot
Reserves please stay off of the server when official practice starts. Staff will let you know via TeamSpeak if and when you can enter.

Reserve list
  1. Reserve
  2. Reserve

UTP#42

Last edited by a moderator:
DTM.jpg

Welcome to the R3E racing club! This is the place to be for relaxed, friendly racing and our events are open to everybody from rookies to the seasoned pros. You will always find people around your level to battle with, so jump on in! If you need any help the don't hesitate to ask on TeamSpeak... there's no such thing as a stupid question!

All premium members can sign up for this event. Sign up below and make sure to tag fellow community members who you think are up for a challenge!

Join us
Not a premium member yet but interested in racing with our group of friendly drivers? Click here for more information and learn how you can participate.

We also recommend the use of an app called Crew Chief. It gives you an audio spotter that tells you when cars are alongside, greatly increasing your awareness and reducing unnecessary incidents. You can download it here.

Server Name:
RaceDepartment.com EU Thur
Cars: DTM 2016

Thursday 28/03/19
Practice:
20:00 UTC (30 minutes)
Qualifying: 20:30 UTC (15 minutes)

Warmup: 20:45 UTC (5 minutes)
Race: 20:50 UTC (30 minutes)

Entry List - 32 slots
  1. Kenny Paton (Ask me anything in TeamSpeak)
  2. Steve Le Gallez
  3. FeltHat
  4. Jani1980
  5. PurgerUK
  6. paulbee058
  7. Luca Antinori
  8. Kennett Ylitalo
  9. Trebormoore84
  10. DKOliver
  11. Calvyn White
  12. balage06
  13. alpebo
  14. Jopamir
  15. MetalRush
  16. Magnus Stjerneby
  17. Thegodfather6571
  18. quartespeed
  19. Free slot
  20. Free slot
  21. Free slot
  22. Free slot

Reserves please stay off of the server when official practice starts. Staff will let you know via TeamSpeak if and when you can enter.

Reserve list
  1. Reserve
  2. Reserve

UTP#42

GTR 3.jpg

Join us

Server Name:
RaceDepartment.com EU Sun
Cars: GTR 3

Sunday 31/03/19
Practice:
19:00 UTC (30 minutes)
Qualifying: 19:30 UTC (15 minutes)

Warmup: 19:45 UTC (5 minutes)
Race: 19:50 UTC (30 minutes)

Entry List - 32 slots
  1. FeltHat
  2. Calvyn White
  3. DucMan888
  4. Steve Le Gallez
  5. Michel Bélisle
  6. PurgerUK
  7. Jopamir
  8. wazowski
  9. Magnus Stjerneby
  10. paulbee058
  11. kamackeris
  12. Kennett Ylitalo
  13. Free slot
  14. Free slot
  15. Free slot
  16. Free slot
  17. Free slot
  18. Free slot
  19. Free slot
  20. Free slot

Reserve list
  1. Daniel Monteiro
  2. Reserve

UTP#56

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 73 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline