RaceRoom Racing Experience Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
oops, hit the post button....
Problem areas: Turns 3 & 5, tend to spin out.
I'm also having trouble determining brake points on turns 9 & 16.
Turn 15: do you brake before or ease off the throttle?
Mitch
Easy on the throttle to prevent spins, and also trail brake to keep it planted. Turns 3 and 5 the car is trying to come off the ground, so try and square up early and keep momentum. Braking points for me are usually by feel/ muscle memory. But often I roll on the brakes getting progressively harder

I think I did my fastest lap in a mostly stock setup in the vette surprisingly! Usually after doing a few laps in a new car I will start tweaking, and when I hit a wall I’ll go back to default, and run it. Pretty sure I went back and was faster. Lol

I think I did my fastest lap in a mostly stock setup in the vette surprisingly! Usually after doing a few laps in a new car I will start tweaking, and when I hit a wall I’ll go back to default, and run it. Pretty sure I went back and was faster. Lol
I had that a lot in the past and probably now too :D Practice overall makes you faster, setup just driving more comfortable :p Sonoma is kinda specific tho, needed few tweaks. Greenwood imo suffers a lot with raceroom "safe" setup and "old" ways of default setups. While safe, its super stiff

It's not particularly related to this race, but does anyone else enjoy turn 4a (the nascar turn thats missed with the long layout)? Everyone seems to hate that layout, but I think 4a is one of the best turns on any track. Normally I hate seeing cars swing out wide over the limits, but doing so with a wall coming right at you is fantastic. It's a rush to take it to the limit and squeeze by the wall with an inch to spare. I can only imagine what it's like irl.

Mitch, I’ll tell you this. Most of my fast setups involve increasing rear roll bar/decreasing front. Increasing rear spring tension/ decreasing front. Increasing negative ft toe to around -30+.. And of course messing with wing. Long straights and I run almost no wing. Tracks like Sonoma I run close to full wing. Try those and see what happens!

Hey Ayrton, how ya feeling about this race coming up? Your normally pretty quick come race time
I put some practice into the capri and am about a second off your time, so I'm feeling good. Group 5s have never been my strength, but I love sonoma so I'm hoping to be up there with you.
The big question for me is tyre wear. Not sure what to expect there and how I should set up the car for it

The good thing with that car is it’s faster than the rest, so set it up for fastest lap, then back it down a notch and run consistent. Cars like the vette, Monza, 935 I believe will be harder on tires.

The good thing with that car is it’s faster than the rest, so set it up for fastest lap, then back it down a notch and run consistent. Cars like the vette, Monza, 935 I believe will be harder on tires.
Definitely, and like you said above, softening up the front and maximizing downforce is really important here.

count me in!
You're in

1:31.2? I am not competitive, no fun to race in a race where I can't possibly win. Sign me out David please, thanks.
I'll sign you out but that type of logic doesn't sound like you want competition, you want to be the winner. People rarely get quicker by not participating. If you change your mind I'll sign you back in.

Last edited:
I've raced three 20 minute races today in the BMW at Silverstone (probably my favorite track), Nurburgring and Sonoma and I have to say the more I drive this car the more I'm loving it and the more comfortable I'm getting with it. It's funny because when I first tried this car and several others in group 5 I struggled to complete just 1 lap.
Still waiting on Dan to post a setup :)

I've raced three 20 minute races today in the BMW at Silverstone (probably my favorite track), Nurburgring and Sonoma and I have to say the more I drive this car the more I'm loving it and the more comfortable I'm getting with it. It's funny because when I first tried this car and several others in group 5 I struggled to complete just 1 lap.
Still waiting on Dan to post a setup :)
you want my bimmer setup Rory?

Here's my 320T setup. I believe this is what I used to run my fastest lap. Mind you, it's for my driving style, but who knows. Try it. Might want to mess with gear ratios to fit your needs. And wing. IMG_0162 (1).jpg

Does anyone know how to screen shot in Raceroom?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 76 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 114 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 155 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 293 27.5%