RaceRoom Racing Experience Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, once again I have to apologize for a bump in turn 1. It happens to me way too often but my Fanatec Club Sport pedals won't let me go any higher than about 85% on brake pressure or it goes into the "all or nothing" mode where the slightest touch on the pedal gives it full brake and locks it up. So, with only 85% braking I have to slow down before everyone else and if I don't (like today) I end up bumping the one in front of me. So, apologies to @PurgerUK and @Steve Le Gallez who suffered the most for my screw-up and to anyone else who got tangled up in there, or who may have had to swerve around me as I struggled to get off the track to wait for them to get going again.

Also, I loaded up CC but forgot to start it so I was always trying to see who was where by watching my mirror, the position board and the track map. Other than that, I enjoyed the races. Chased @FeltHat most of race 1 (never did catch him), fought @Yetch for P10 for a while and it seemed like neither of us could hold it for very long, trading mistakes. Had several good battles in race 2 too with quite a few guys and ended up with P4 thanks mainly to people crashing out in front of me.

@Calvyn White hi, I don't know if I am on the same boat as you but me and please escuse my butting in, I have also been a guy that shares setups (sadly I ain't racing no more) and I fully understand where you are coming from but me personally I go under this assumption "a good died dies when it is spoken about" I genuinely love helping people because I was once slow and Simracing is not a hobby for me it's a passion so I am willing to dedicate time to it if I have it.
I am not saying that my way is the correct way, this is just how I do it, if it will help you good if not sorry to waste your time
Either way, thanks

Last edited:
@Calvyn White To be absolutely honest (which is usually a bad idea and I really should know better...), if you truly feel like your efforts are not appreciated and there is "a total lack of gratitude", it might perhaps be you having a bit unreasonable expectations for the amount of appreciation you are likely to get. Case in point - it wouldn't even occur to me giving a "like" or "beer" or whatever to that post when you share a setup or setup tip (and I'd say you get a fair amount of those, all things considered) would not be considered enough appreciation and a personal message is expected. Quite a few times, I've seen the likes on your posts and thought "well, it's nice people seem to appreciate what he's doing", so it's kinda surprising to hear that you don't really see it that way, and actually kinda disheartening. And possibly even a bit counterproductive, as now people might be a bit less likely to give your post a like, knowing that it's not enough anyway. I know I would be...

Would it perhaps help to regard those "likes" as basically the equivalent of that personal message of thanks from those that have given them to you? Because I'm fairly sure that for many of us, that's exactly what they represent.

Don't take this the wrong way, just my opinion and also an attempt to perhaps help a bit...

Well, to get this thread back onto the topic for which it was intended...

Great racing last night guys! :thumbsup: More close battles going on as is the usual with these machines. As someone said on TS (I forgot who, sorry!), this is a hard track to pass on so it's all about piling on the pressure and waiting for a mistake from the driver in front. Unfortunately I was the driver making those mistakes, but I still got a couple of decent finishes after some very close racing. :cool:

One surprise for me was the start of race one. I totally forgot the launch control procedure, so ended up making a manual start. The surprise was that I managed to get off the line as well as anyone else, and think I even gained a couple of metres on the two cars ahead. Who needs assists, eh? :alien::D

WTCR 2018.jpg

Welcome to the R3E racing club! This is the place to be for relaxed, friendly racing and our events are open to everybody from rookies to the seasoned pros. You will always find people around your level to battle with, so jump on in! If you need any help the don't hesitate to ask on TeamSpeak... there's no such thing as a stupid question!

All premium members can sign up for this event. Sign up below and make sure to tag fellow community members who you think are up for a challenge!

Join us
Not a premium member yet but interested in racing with our group of friendly drivers? Click here for more information and learn how you can participate.

Racing Club Rules: Click here
Server and Teamspeak Password: Click here (TEAMSPEAK IS MANDATORY)

Teamspeak Installation Guide: Click here
Incident Reporting: Click here

We also recommend the use of an app called Crew Chief. It gives you an audio spotter that tells you when cars are alongside, greatly increasing your awareness and reducing unnecessary incidents. You can download it here.

Server Name:
RaceDepartment.com EU Tues
Cars: WTCR 2018
Track: Imola

Tuesday 22/01/19
Practice:
20:00 UTC (30 minutes)
Qualifying: 20:30 UTC (15 minutes)

Warmup 1: 20:45 UTC (5 minutes)
Race 1: 20:50 UTC (20 minutes)

Warmup 2: 21:10 UTC (5 minutes)
Race 2: 21:15 UTC (20 minutes) (Reverse grid to 5 places)

Entry List
- 32 slots
  1. Ross Garland (Ask me anything in TeamSpeak)
  2. Piotr Dul
  3. Luca Antinori
  4. FeltHat
  5. Piotrek Blaszczak
  6. Steve Le Gallez
  7. PurgerUK
  8. Celtic Pharaoh
  9. Yetch
  10. Jopamir
  11. BBKing212
  12. Martin Fiala
  13. Free slot
  14. Free slot
  15. Free slot
  16. Free slot
  17. Free slot
  18. Free slot
  19. Free slot

Reserves please stay off of the server when official practice starts. Staff will let you know via TeamSpeak if and when you can enter.

Reserve list
  1. Reserve
  2. Reserve

UTP#26

Last edited by a moderator:
FR 3.jpg

Welcome to the R3E racing club! This is the place to be for relaxed, friendly racing and our events are open to everybody from rookies to the seasoned pros. You will always find people around your level to battle with, so jump on in! If you need any help the don't hesitate to ask on TeamSpeak... there's no such thing as a stupid question!

All premium members can sign up for this event. Sign up below and make sure to tag fellow community members who you think are up for a challenge!

Join us
Not a premium member yet but interested in racing with our group of friendly drivers? Click here for more information and learn how you can participate.

We also recommend the use of an app called Crew Chief. It gives you an audio spotter that tells you when cars are alongside, greatly increasing your awareness and reducing unnecessary incidents. You can download it here.

Server Name:
RaceDepartment.com EU Thur
Cars: FR 3

Thursday 24/01/19
Practice:

Race 1: 20:50 UTC (20 minutes)

Warmup 2: 21:10 UTC (5 minutes)
Race 2: 21:15 UTC (20 minutes)

Entry List
- 32 slots
  1. Steve Le Gallez (Ask me anything in TeamSpeak)
  2. Calvyn White
  3. Luca Antinori
  4. PurgerUK
  5. FeltHat
  6. balage06
  7. Matthias
  8. KKJUN
  9. Yetch
  10. Martin Fiala
  11. Piotr Dul
  12. Enzo Fazzi
  13. Free slot
  14. Free slot
  15. Free slot
  16. Free slot
  17. Free slot
  18. Free slot

Reserves please stay off of the server when official practice starts. Staff will let you know via TeamSpeak if and when you can enter.

Reserve list
  1. Reserve
  2. Reserve

UTP#37

Last edited:
GTR 3.jpg

Join us

Server Name:
RaceDepartment.com EU Sun
Cars: GTR 3

Sunday 27/01/19
Practice:

Race 1: 20:50 UTC (40 minutes) (Mandatory pit stop)

Entry List
- 32 slots
  1. Ross Garland (Ask me anything in TeamSpeak)
  2. Mike McGeer
  3. Steve Le Gallez
  4. Luca Antinori
  5. Calvyn White
  6. BBKing212
  7. Gopher04
  8. FeltHat
  9. paulbee058
  10. Mastria
  11. LoTone16
  12. Caramidaru Andrei Bogdan
  13. PurgerUK
  14. CarlosB
  15. Jopamir
  16. Martin Fiala
  17. Free slot
  18. Free slot
  19. Free slot
  20. Free slot

Reserve list
  1. Reserve
  2. Reserve

UTP#21

Last edited by a moderator:
and remember to turn on perfect racing line as well :p
Well, Rad, I use the racing line in practice up until the day before the race when I turn it off but I use the turn markers all the time. With no racing experience (or natural skill) I need all the help I can get to keep from making a total ass out of myself out there. Of course, it doesn't always work:D but it at least helps me keep my assiness (is that a word?) to a minimum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 89 7.5%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 124 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 171 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 334 28.2%