EU GTR 3 @ Imola - Sun 07Oct18

Discussion in 'R3E Racing Club & Leagues' started by Ross Garland, Sep 23, 2018.

Added to Calendar: 07-10-18
  1. Kenny Paton

Kenny Paton
    Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +4,955
    Yes you can and you are on the grid.

2. davew045

davew045
    Premium

Ratings:
    +279
    Unless someone disagrees, I will be live streaming this race

Update: Don't know what happened to the sound. Will work on that for the next time

Last edited: Oct 8, 2018
    • Like Like x 4
    • Love Love x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
  3. Martin Fiala

Martin Fiala
    Moving Chicane Premium

Ratings:
    +3,501
    Yeah, one last attempt from me as well, though I might pull the plug at any moment if any issues come up.

• Like Like x 2
    • Beer Beer x 1
  4. FeltHat

FeltHat
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,422
    I believe i didnt update to that one and it sounds like a hardware issue, its mostly strange sound from direction of cpu radiator, but everything seems normal

5. Piotr Dul

Piotr Dul
    Sunday Driver Premium

Ratings:
    +135
    Hi, guys. Quick question. Which buttons/keys are needed to be mapped on the wheel for pitstop? I haven't race R3E with mandatory pitstop for a while.

6. Steve Le Gallez

Steve Le Gallez
    Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +982
    any button you like, just remember to also assign a pit limiter :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 1
  7. Gerard Pizarro

Gerard Pizarro
    Premium

Ratings:
    +10
    78/5000
    Sorry, I hit the wrong button in the pit and I left the server. I am sorry.:(:(:mad:

• Beer Beer x 4
  8. Piotrek Blaszczak

Piotrek Blaszczak
    Premium

Ratings:
    +784
    Thanks guys for great racing and fun tonight.Lot of fights , but after 15 minutes my head started to ache and I could not focus.And mr @PurgerUK this is not Mustang , this is only Camaro :).Good night

• Beer Beer x 1
  9. Piotr Dul

Piotr Dul
    Sunday Driver Premium

Ratings:
    +135
    Pretty nice race evening. This was my 3rd race after few months brake from racing with u guys. I didn't care for lap times, just wanted to focus on clean, consistent laps and avoiding mistakes.
    Apologies to @Martin Fiala for pushing u out of Villeneuve, I just checked replay and this was definetly my fault. Trying to get used to new monitor and FoV and having some awareness porblems when racing in pack.

• Like Like x 3
    • Beer Beer x 2
  10. Martin Fiala

Martin Fiala
    Moving Chicane Premium

Ratings:
    +3,501
    @Piotr Dul No worries, I believe I gave you a few taps myself, as well as to @Gerard Pizarro I believe, so sorry about that.

It was fun, even if somewhat lonely, though catching up to @BBKing212 near the end of the race was quite intense, would've been an interesting finish if I didn't mess up the exit from the chicane (I think that's where it happened...) or if there was one more lap.

Thanks for the race!

(BTW, the stream did happen, but apparently Shadowplay starts a separate stream instead of picking up the scheduled one, so the link above leads nowhere, I have to clean up the mess.)

• Like Like x 3
    • Beer Beer x 1
  11. FeltHat

FeltHat
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,422
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2018
    • Like Like x 4
  12. Gopher04

Gopher04
    Premium

Ratings:
    +474
    Good racing tonight guys, and from what I saw and heard sounded like it was a very clean one as well.
    Race itself was good fun, beaten off the line by the 2 Mercs but expected them to be quick, but they both spun out after a few laps :( took 4 tyres at the pitstop Steve took 2 in his :p so I had 12secs to make up to beat his arse..;) caught him up with about 4 laps left and a 2 laps later he spun out, what a shame, it was going to be hard work to pass him, good fun though, 1 long race is far more enjoyable than 2 short..:thumbsup:

• Like Like x 3
    • Beer Beer x 2
  13. Gerard Pizarro

Gerard Pizarro
    Premium

Ratings:
    +10
    No problem Fiala, I also made a mistake in the refueling and I left the server unintentionally. Good race in the back too.

• Beer Beer x 3
  14. Yetch

Yetch
    GooseCreature Premium

Ratings:
    +350
    Well that was bloody short lived, sorry guys but had a total power failure, turns out PSU had self destructed, taking out the main RCD to the building, 4 neighbours pissed off with me, makes a change from the loud music and exotic smells the miserable pricks usually complain about. No idea if it's damaged any PC internals yet, will have to wait for now. Cabling in these old buildings are struggling with the power I suck out of them. Could do with a rewire, :roflmao::roflmao: like that's gonna happen, :rolleyes: like living in bloody Victorian times round 'ere. Could take me out of the game for a while though, have a few PSU's lying around but sod all that will power my gaming PC. Guessing it's not eating October (again) and I bet any bloody money it will be update week this week. :mad: aaaaaaaagh, nope, feel no better, sod it, I'm off to let the neighbours tyres down, that should cheer me up a bit, every little helps! :D

• Beer Beer x 9
  15. DucMan888

DucMan888
    Premium

Ratings:
    +335
    Good scrap in the first few laps, but the issue of loss of wheel and pedals strikes again on a number of occasions. For a couple of seconds there is no response from steering, shifting or pedal input and then it picks up again. Usually results in contact or exceeding track limits.

Another issue of late is cars disappearing, I noticed watching @FeltHat replay that cars disappeared from his rear view mirror entirely and then a few turns later were right on his bumper again.

Last race with the F1 cars I got booted from server, this time I was disqualified after entering my pit box. No explanation, so I presume track limits. I saw @Jopamir was disqualified as well and would like to hear what his experience was leading up to that.

16. Mike Wyatt

Mike Wyatt
    Premium

Ratings:
    +626
    Had a totally forgettable race, some of which was due to some jostling approaching turn one on the second lap, but mostly due to my own ineptitude in the pits and having to take three trips through there as a result.

I would like to remind everyone to avail themselves of the Crew Chief app b/c it appears that at least a few don't have it or are just not using it and are therefore unaware of people who may be beside them. As I mentioned above, on the approach to turn one on the second lap I was nudged off the track onto the grass just before the braking for turn one and ended up causing a cluster f#*% at the turn. Fortunately I got the worst of the crash and didn't mess up anyone else's race too bad but it put me into last place from which I never recovered after my pit stop debacles.

Needless to say, I'd like to put this one behind me.

• Beer Beer x 4
  17. Jopamir

Jopamir
    " Just keep on going " Premium

Ratings:
    +1,020
    Yeah, it must be a bug.
    I was DSQ for running to fast, to near to the wall - outside the Pits mind :O_o:
    I think @FeltHat will report to Sector3 as he caught everything on "camera"
    (Thanks mate:thumbsup: )

• Like Like x 2
  18. FeltHat

FeltHat
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,422
    yea, im on a hotline with one of the testers thanks to my previous issues :p

• Beer Beer x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  19. DucMan888

DucMan888
    Premium

Ratings:
    +335
    @Mike Wyatt sorry for the contact, little control as mentioned in my earlier post of wheel/ pedal/game communication. I knew you where there and tried to respect both you and the others around.

• Like Like x 3
  20. Mike Wyatt

Mike Wyatt
    Premium

Ratings:
    +626
    My experience has been that none of the guys in these RD races would intentionally force someone off track and in fact everyone is overly gracious and courteous so I just assumed that you didn't know I was there. Having control problems is obviously tough and something that many of us have had to deal with at one time or another so it's fully understandable. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

• Beer Beer x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.