RaceRoom Racing Experience Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
Some of you may or may not know no but there's a GT3 race going on at the new Dhabi Autodrome circuit for raceroom on Saturday afternoon ish for most of you guys from the US of A. It would certainly be nice to have you guys if you can make it.
It is a track that will stretch the legs of these GT3s. It is certainly a nice track and worth at least I look for the purpose of a warm-up to this event if nothing else.

Some of you may or may not know no but there's a GT3 race going on at the new Dhabi Autodrome circuit for raceroom on Saturday afternoon ish for most of you guys from the US of A. It would certainly be nice to have you guys if you can make it.
It is a track that will stretch the legs of these GT3s. It is certainly a nice track and worth at least I look for the purpose of a warm-up to this event if nothing else.
Would but I'm doing the rFactor 2 race at Mosport in the 1986 F1 cars (yeah baby). Its supposed to rain so gotta get my rain tires organized.
GRAB_002.JPG

Last edited:
Hi Luke.
Good luck and have fun in the rfactor 2 event. And I hope you get the 10 drivers required for the event to be official and happen, well I think that's what it means.
Ten + drivers are required before this event will become official.
But there's always this one, either way, good luck have fun.:thumbsup:

Last edited:
Hi Luke.
Good luck and have fun in the rfactor 2 event. And I hope you get the 10 drivers required for the event to be official and happen, well I think that's what it means.
Ten + drivers are required before this event will become official.
But there's always this one, either way, good luck have fun.:thumbsup:
Yea the last race I entered turned out to be AI fill ins. I love rf2, but online is scarce. I’m probably just looking in all the wrong places. Sebring, Watkins Glen, Daytona RC, and Road Atlanta in RaceRoom? ... one could only dream.

If I don’t work Saturday I will pop in this one for sure. Love that track

Indeed, there's certainly a good selection. My personal favourites are the Porsche, Callaway Corvette, and RUF in that order.
Very true but I find the gearbox extremely important when it comes to the circuits. For instance, my favourite Audi LMS is quite universal throughout most circuits. The Porsche, Mercedes AMG and sometimes the Nissan are commonly used. And the BMW M6, Nissan and Ford Mustang can be included on tracks like Monza and Spa. But I also feel most of these cars could be on any track that raceroom has to offer but there are benefits from some from the fixed gearbox ratios.
But of course, some are not as good as they used to be for one reason or another. Such as the Z4, Bentley, McLaren MP4, P4-5 and the Ford GT. I feel in general these cars are slower but still just as awesome to drive.
As much as I love the Audi I am tempted to try the Porsche for the race now that the sound has certainly been improved. But I am in doubt as it is a little too much understeer on exit for my liking. But still an excellent choice for this circuit in my opinion.

My top 3 for this circuit.
1. Audi LMS. Good all-rounder for all tracks.
With a good stable setup can be quick and predictable.
2. Porsche. Another good all-rounder foremost tracks. Can have a little understeer on exit but easily remedied via setups.
3. Mercedes AMG. Extremely quick plenty of power but it can at times feel like a tank. Can oversteer quite easily but also can be remedied via setups.

Last edited:
Oh yeah, the controversial car that was banned for running underweight in 1997. It won the championship in 1996 before anybody noticed. You would have thought people would have noticed sooner considering the driver, Imso Young was always napping, eating ice cream and only being 3ft 2.

Last edited:
A couple of Callaway setups I've been messing around with. Far from perfect but I'm not using this car. Its a good head start for anybody wants to modify them to more their style and for race trim.

Attachments

• CALLAWAY CORVETTE C7 GT3-R DUBAI AUTODROME LB 2.svm
    6.6 KB · Views: 100
  • CALLAWAY CORVETTE C7 GT3-R DUBAI AUTODROME LB.svm
    6.4 KB · Views: 136
Last edited:
Are we picking liveries?

Always welcomed to provide car/livery of choice, but not required. Usually for a single car series I ask to provide a selection as when our friend @davew045 streams it makes it a bit easier for him to differentiate the drivers in his broadcast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 105 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 138 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 191 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 377 28.3%