I honestly don't like compromises and SimBim always on the Sim side in my head. Hmmmm

I worried about that too, but when I pushed them on the subject I got the impression that those of us looking for a realistic experience need not be worried. All the good serious stuff will be in, with options to make it more user friendly possible to turn on and off. I'll not go into the conversation we had here, but I finished the chat with a contented feeling that it will be suitably "hard-core" enough to satisfy those wanting that kind of experience.

At the end of the day time will tell I suppose :)

We knew it was coming. I can't wait. GTR 3 and no need to be online = heaven for me.:thumbsup: I really hope they make the AI the best ever in any sim. Proper offline championships and stuff, 24 hr races etc, I much prefer to race against good AI than humans who won't race fairly.

Last edited:
I worried about that too, but when I pushed them on the subject I got the impression that those of us looking for a realistic experience need not be worried. All the good serious stuff will be in, with options to make it more user friendly possible to turn on and off. I'll not go into the conversation we had here, but I finished the chat with a contented feeling that it will be suitably "hard-core" enough to satisfy those wanting that kind of experience.

At the end of the day time will tell I suppose :)
I understand the worries, at the same time I understand the company needs to make money to pay the bills and return profits to the investors. I think the only way to achieve what the sim community wants and what the casual gamer appreciates is to have the core sim aimed to sim racers and a bunch of highly effective and adjustable assistance systems.

:cry::inlove: A picture(Or an emote) says a 1000 words. Beautiful.

The best way to put it is neither side will be forgotten.

It's better to say that both parties will be catered for, than to say that one is producing a hardcore sim and switch because publisher says otherwise (PCARS).

Finally a sim using UE4, the graphics are going to be pretty for sure. Hope my graphics card is up to the task.

GTR 3 will contain day to night transition, allowing for fully scalable 24 hour time of day conditions as well as a fully dynamic weather system, bringing with it changing handling in the different conditions, aquaplaning and dynamic water movement that will allow rain to pool organically on the racing surface and dissipate as cars travel through the standing water.
It has been confirmed that the class leading sounds from R3E will be making an appearance in GTR 3
:inlove::inlove::inlove:

today's news can only be seen as a shot in the arm for our beautiful sim racing hobby.
I guess that makes me high then! :laugh: Seriously, this can only be good news for simracers and casual drivers alike.

Last edited:
Well it looks like they've got most if not all of the features "expected" for a GTR3. I must admit I feel development of Raceroom has been rather slow so I wasn't optimistic they could add all these new features in the time available, but it appears my fears were unfounded.

I've come to the sim scene after GTR2 era. Always heard questions asking what would be the GTR3 of simracing, I hope the actual one doesn't disappoint and deliver a no compromise experience. We have enough good on one aspect sims already, about time someone makes the one that checks all the boxes:).

Now waiting on AC2:D

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 80 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.8%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 165 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 313 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing