RaceRoom Racing Experience Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fun fun fun.
Well done to the podium finishes nice consistency gets the monkey.
A small field of drivers not a popular car I guess.
Which is a shame as I would like to see them more often.
Nice driving @Steve Le Gallez it was a pity about your first spin, second and third. :DProbably the same amount as me cos I know for certain I went off the track 3 times. :(Not to mention numerous other mistakes.:confused: A four wheel disaster, but still fun.:D
One more thing Paul @kamackeris stop quitting it's a bad habit. Just say:poop: and get on with it there's a good chap.:thumbsup::). I could go on but you're not going to improve on your mistakes if you're going to accept them and quit. I am not having a go. I just rather have you in until the end of the race.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Anyway thanks for the racing see you on the next one well not the next one.:whistling:

Last edited:
Which is a shame as I would like to see them more often.
215gl5.jpg

BTW, regarding the radar and my "setup", this is what I generally use these days:

IMG_5392.jpg

IMG_5395.jpg

It's just a quick dashboard I put together in SimHub, which uses the Radar widget for SimHub. You can even use it as an overlay on your main screen, SimHub offers this functionality, but you have to run the game in windowed mode or borderless window, which usually (at least for me) adds some input delay, so I mostly use my phone for this.

The upside to this is that thanks to SimHub, it is basically game independent, so as long as SimHub supports the game, you'll get the radar working (so I use it in rF2 as well). The downside (if using as an overlay) is that the radar does not fade away when there are no cars near you like Helicorsa or Helimobilista do, which can probably be distracting to some (though I do not really mind, I can "tune out" UI elements fairly well while racing). I'm guessing such functionality could be added to it, but I didn't really look into it, provided I would even be able to do it with my very limited coding skills. But somebody else likely could.

BTW you don't need any special software to use SimHub on your phone, it runs in a regular internet browser and gets data over the wifi from your PC.

And I know that it's an unrealistic crutch and I shouldn't really be using it, but I have to say it helped me to gain a fair amount of confidence around other cars, so...screw realism ;)

SimHub: https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/simhub-diy-sim-racing-dash.10252/
Radar for SimHub: https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/helicorsa-mod-for-all-simracing-games.23386/

Also, I have started including the radar in my videos, so you can see it "live" in most of my latest videos, like here:

And of course, if you need any help with anything mentioned here, don't hesitate to ask.

• Deleted member 6919

The only thing is I might forget what I'm looking at and start trying to hit the red one with a white ones..

real-pong.jpg

• Deleted member 6919

In pls..:thumbsup: Is it me or are these cars a pain in the arse since the patch, can't even drive my Audi that well anymore..

Last edited by a moderator:
Is it me or are these cars a pain in the arse since the patch, can't even drive my Audi that well anymore..
It's not just you, there's at least two of us. I've only raced these once since the patch and I was super-tired at the time, but even so my performance was way off what it had been. :unsure:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 299 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 208 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 201 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 150 7.7%