GTR 2 VR Support! (Not asking, telling!)

Yep, you read it right! This golden oldie now has VR support thanks to some very clever individuals over on the Crew Chief forums. It is still a WIP and has a few limitations (such as only working on the Steam version), but it's a great start. And at the same time, Crew Chief itself also now works with the sim!

I have yet to try it myself as I don't currently own the Steam version of GTR 2, but since it's only a fiver it seems worth the purchase to me!

Head over to the announcement thread on the CC forums for full details.

Source

It is brilliant in VR much better than VorpX.
Very clear display great 3D and while I can't run in my preferred resolution 2160 x 2160 . Mouse will not move under the driving School menu.
It is still great in lower resolutions.
If you do not have a VR headset you should get one :)

Crew Chief is also great and i just can't get bothered driving without anymore!

I should ask permission to The Iron Wolf to include it as an option because CC plugin works only with steam.exe and not the nocd included in HQ Anniv. Patch v14.3.0 : you must delete gtr2.exe and net.dll from HQ Ann. Patch to be CC compatible at the moment :)

I should ask permission to The Iron Wolf to include it as an option because CC plugin works only with steam.exe and not the nocd included in HQ Anniv. Patch v14.3.0 : you must delete gtr2.exe and net.dll from HQ Ann. Patch to be CC compatible at the moment :)
Paul - it might be best not to integrate CC binaries with the patch. CC will come with the latest binaries, and having binaries coming from two sources might complicate things. CC also has automated installer, though I am not sure it supports multiple drops as it is common with GTR2 :)

I do not mind - I am just not sure it is a good idea. CC updates frequentily, and patch will get outdated often.

BTW - no matter what I do, with or without CC modifications, Driving school is dead. Is it broken with Steam.exe?

Also, allow me a suggestion for Patch and excuse me if it is possible already and I missed it. Would it be possible to add an option to remove all content? I'd like to have a way to build a base drop, based on Steam and HQ Patch, for applying other mods

Last edited:
for driving school it is certainly due to the Admin rights you don't want to give to your exe IMO.

What do you mean by delete all content ? only hq or all cars ? yes it is possible, I will do that for next update ;)

I will set an option to choose between either nocd or steam.exe too to be compatible with CC :)

for driving school it is certainly due to the Admin rights you don't want to give to your exe IMO.

What do you mean by delete all content ? only hq or all cars ? yes it is possible, I will do that for next update ;)

I will set an option to choose between either nocd or steam.exe too to be compatible with CC :)
I gave it admin rights, because I followed your advices guys, just as a test - no dice! I hit start in Driving School, track loads and then - nothing, UI is empty and buttons inactive. I gave admin to both gtr2/gtr2config, also deleted stuff in Documents. Wonder if something is stuck in UserData...

I would like to be able to delete official cars, locations, championships. Because mods are never standartized, and because now disks are big, I found that it is safest to have drop per mod. I love your Patch, it's very nice, I just want to be able to have a base drop with your patch and no content for use with individual mods :)

Good idea about Steam exe. If you could also link CC post in readme or something it would be helpful, because this support has strict requirements.

Last edited:
Thanks - going to try compat mode just to understand where the problem is. But it seems like my list of things to fix in game just got longer by one item :D

Edit: Restarted with clean base, works now.

Last edited:
I keep getting an Application error (0xc0000005) every time I try and launch CC with GTR2, that's with the vanilla version with mods installed (aka no anniversary patch)
It launches fine before opening CC for the first time when it asks to install stuff, but then the error shows up and I have to uninstall

Are you getting the error code when starting CC or Gtr2
If CC then you need to update
Current version are 1.15.0.2
If you got that you might have to reinstall?
Does it work with other race sims?

If it is Gtr2 it is not likely it is CC as I works fine on my system in 4-5 installs?
CC do/ should not care how many Mods you got installed.
In the Gtr2 plugins folder you should have CrewChiew.dll and CrewChief.ini.
If you do not have VR you do not need the d3d9.dll and the OpenVR.dll
Also in the CrewChief.ini
Check if the CPU affinity settings are right for your CPU?
The rest are set for NO VR use unless you change something.

Thanks very much for your help Bjarne, deleting the D3D9 plug in fixed the issue.
I did a little investigating with everything to try and narrow down what specifically was causing it and having that plug in installed was the only thing to cause the problem.
I left the OpenVR plugin installed and its fine, and the CPU affinity doesn't seem to make a difference either,
Cheers

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 70 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 99 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 139 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 265 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing