GTR 2 stuttering

Hello, this may sound a bit weird but I am experiencing stuttering in GTR 2. My system is powerful enough to run games which came out in the last 3-4 years at medium or high graphics settings so I don't believe the issue is connected to my PC. I get around 260 FPS (it may drop to 190 at times). I tried lowering the graphics settings but that doesn't change anything really and I have VSync turned off. Worth mentioning is that I have the 10 Years Anniversary patch installed and that's the only thing that I have in my GTR 2 folder. The stuttering appears randomly, there are some very short lag spikes and at times there are some longer lag spikes (1-2 seconds). I really don't know what may be causing the issue. If anyone has a clue what's going on and has a solution, I would be really happy. Thanks in advance.

P.S.: I tried playing in compatibility mode but that doesn't change anything.

If you got a Nvidia Gpu you need to download Nvidia profile Inspector.
In the Gtr 2 profile find Antialasing compability at set it to Diablo III
There are a few other settings that works too.
Same goes for GTL, Race 07 and AMS for that matter.
Would also recommend windows mode and 'borderless gaming' app.

Thanks for the help! I set the Antialiasing to Diablo III and I'll tell you if it works. Thank you!

Also, will this setting solve some stuttering issues with AMS1? Cause I had stuttering in that game as well and it gets pretty annoying.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 356 15.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 249 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 178 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 302 13.3%