GTR 2 - Shuttdown to desktop

EDIT: Hi guys!
Just deleted it all and gave a it a go with a fresh install of PnG3 with every tip and it works!! Maybe it was limiting the fps to 120 that got it :/

EDIT 2: Fresh install of GTR2. Not much HQstuff, I run it on medium. Funny thing, I tried a pratice, alone, and it flickered to the desktop ocasionally, but running and then it stops and runs ok.
Funny no?
But it runs thats that. i will inform i anything changes :/

Will try with GTR2 and keep you guys posted...

Thanks again!!
Hi guys,

Just reinstalled my late GTR2, as I got a new G29.

Until here, super. Followed the installation, but got a bit confused because the Nvidia profiler didn't start.
I kept going with the installation, and I got the game running. The thing is, as I play, 10 or 15 mins sometimes less, it shutdowns and goes to the desktop.
i lowered the specs and still, it keeps shutting down. It doesn't crash, simply goes away.
I attached my specs. It is a Toshiba LapTop.

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• specs.jpg
    specs.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 108
Last edited:
On laptop you must tell via Graphics control panel to use your gpu for both gtr2config.exe and gtr2.exe otherwise it will use integrated graphics which are not powerful enough.
When you run gtr2config.exe, which graphic card is detected ?

As its name says, nvidia profile is for nvidia cards, for AMD you have RadeonMod :
Hi again,

Can You explain, what values do I have to change, similarly to the nvidia one.
thanks!!

I don't have AMD card so it is difficult for me to say what is similar or not to Nvidia Profile Inspector.
I have added RadeonMod for AMD in last hq patch 15.3 in OPTIONS/WINDOWS folder but It doesn't work on my nvidia of course.
Try to find someone with same AMD graphics in order to help you :)

I don't have AMD card so it is difficult for me to say what is similar or not to Nvidia Profile Inspector.
I have added RadeonMod for AMD in last hq patch 15.3 in OPTIONS/WINDOWS folder but It doesn't work on my nvidia of course.
Try to find someone with same AMD graphics in order to help you :)
I didn't use radeon mod but the radeon software of the gpu. I managed to cover all of the stuff on the guide. Only thing is, regarding the anti aliasing, I'm using 2x multisampling. What value should I use.

Ah! I edited the post!!! It runs

that's good news :)
So what made gtr2 crash on your pc ?
Maybe your solution can help @Beardmed who seems to have similar issue ?

About aliasing and multi-sampling it all depends on your graphic card power as higher values will always look better.
I think the it woukd habe to be the fps. And one must follow the guide ipsis verbis. Previously I didn't find how to. Limit the fps to 120.
And i don't stretch the graphica too much. Medium at most.
Hope it helps guys!!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 304 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 212 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 203 10.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 154 7.8%
  • < 5 years