GTR 2 Setups

BMW M3 GTR - Magny-Cours 2004

My race set from the club event last night, and a qual set.
PB is 1:34.839 (drove some laps this morning, since i know there was some time to gain compared to yesterday)

Attachments

• DL_M3_MagnyCours_Race30min-Test.svm
    2.5 KB · Views: 632
  • DL_M3_MagnyCours_Qual-1Lap.svm
    2.5 KB · Views: 603
Hi all. I recently purchased my retail copy of GTR2 and I'm loving it so far :). It's just such a solid sim when it comes to feeling. I already downloaded a few mods (SUPER GT, Blancpain 2012, ADAC GT Masters and Group C) and at the moment, I'm focusing on the Blancpain series. I haven't settled on a car yet but ultimately, I'd like to get some setups for the cars. With the default setup, I can't match the AI when strength is set to 110% (I'd like to aim for 120% one day!). They're around 1.8-2.0 seconds faster than me. I made a few light tweaks to the setup (tyre pressures, camber, gear ratios, downforce) and it's helped but I have limited setup knowledge and for some reason the online files section ingame seems to be shut down since I just get a "Reading folders..." message which seems to take forever so I'm assuming it's been shut down, after all, GTR2 is an old sim now.

So is there an alternative setup repository I could access? I already tried the pilsbierbude.de updater for looking for setups there but I can't find any really :(

I can't help you with finding setups, but I can help you with making your own. I found this neat little table recently: Setup Matrix

Alternatively, you can download a PDF version here: Setup Matrix PDF

I use this to create setups in all of my sims, and I find it very helpful!

P.S. Just a 'tip' for offline racing - because the AI cannot modify their own setups, whenever I modify a setup I don't touch gear ratios and only modify downforce minimally. Why? Because these are the two single factors that have the greatest effect on straight-line speed/acceleration. So you will find that if you go to a track and make your gear ratios much shorter or longer to suit the track 'as you would in real life', you will then find yourself sailing past AI on the straights because they will either accelerate much more slowly or have a much lower top speed than you, depending on whether you shorten or lengthen gear ratios respectively. I find that this makes the racing with the AI boring so I stay clear of it. In saying that, I always modify suspension, dampers, camber, caster, perhaps a little 'balanced' downforce change (downforce added to rear = downforce taken off front, or vice versa, so that total downforce (and drag) remain more or less the same) and so on to make the car's balance/handling to my liking :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back