GTR 2: Power & Glory 3 released

OverTake.gg

Administrator
Staff
Power & Glory, the third part of the trilogy is finally finished. It's been a long adventure developing Power & Glory. We started working on the first Demo and version 1 back in late 2006, we continued working hard through version 2 (voted 'mod of the year 2008' by SimHQ and A.S.S.) and then on version 3 from March 2009. That's a lot of time for a free mod and we gained and lost lots of team members while working on this project.

We never gave up and what you're about to download is the result of pure passion for simracing, admiration for vintage real racing and respect for our motorsport heroes.

A total mod of 2.30+ GB of compressed data, and over 3.9 GB when installed, featuring completely redesigned User Interface, 59 .aud sound configuration files and 1153 sound files made from scratch, 373 .car files with tons of skins and history described, 199 .hdc specific physics files, including nuances and traits on individual car basis, 125 .tyr different tyre files all balanced and proportioned to one another, ingame setup tyre help manuals, improved collisions and multiplayer, improved force feedback and tons of incredible details on the 3D models and skins of the cars, every one of it painstakingly documented and verified from homologation papers, era magazines, books original service manuals and help from mechanics of the era and actual drivers.

A monumental work free for you to download, drive and immerse yourself a little bit in the lives of our 60s and 70s driving heroes.

The only thing you will need is a clean working installation of SimBin's GTR2. Enjoy!

Download Power&Glory 3.0 here

[youtube]

[gallery]
View the Post on the Blog

SWEET! :thumbsup: The attention to detail and historic correctness is simply amazing!! :confused: You guys should have made this into its own game, like Reiza did!
It's simply mind-blowing that a Total Conversion of this magnitude (This is waaaay beyond modding!!) is available for free!

Thank you GTLW team! :notworthy: :notworthy:

Putting all this content together is a phenomenal achievement, of that there is no doubt. I wasn't a fan of the previous p&g but the handling of the cars I've tried so far feel a lot better now. Well done chaps.

I tried the mod online last night at Spa driving the 914, as fantastic as PG used to be, just even better. It's been a long wait since V2, but the quality of this final(?) work is simply unbelievable.

Good to see old friend DucFreak still strong with the mod team. Thanks a lot for your hard work guys!

I installed my version with a clean install of gtr2 and with a copy of my old profile and the European patch to make it version v1.1.0.0

Run the installer and follow the instructions carefully.
We STRONGLY RECOMMEND installing on a clean GTR2 v1.1.0.0 using options 1 and 2 for online stability.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 124 12.9%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 97 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 94 9.8%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 65 6.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 132 13.7%