GTR 2 LAN?

Hey guys, started up GTR2 (with the 10th anniversary patch installed) and I'm trying to make a online session with a friend of mine. I know the official servers are down so I'm using ZeroTier to set up a LAN server for me and him.

Unfortunately I'm not sure how to make it work, neither of our games our showing up for whatever reason. Does anyone else play GTR2 through LAN and has any tips on how they work it?

Also is there anyway to add AI drivers to an online race?

Same here, did you get a solution?
I managed to get the LAN to work, if you download ZeroTier and register you can create a network, somewhere in the options it'll give you an IP address which your buddies can use to join if they're connected to the same ZeroTier network.

Still no luck on the AI front however. It doesn't look like it's natively supported but I'm sure there's a way to do it through some sort of tweaking or modding, not entirely sure where to start however. My friend and I were looking to do a sort-of co-op championship with it so it would be tremendous if it was possible.

Still no luck on the AI front however. It doesn't look like it's natively supported but I'm sure there's a way to do it through some sort of tweaking or modding, not entirely sure where to start however. My friend and I were looking to do a sort-of co-op championship with it so it would be tremendous if it was possible.

No there isn't any options for adding Ai to a online erace.
Only way is to add more computers/ instances of gtr2 and select ai driver to run the cars.

We did race against each other over a Lan.
I live in a gated community on a hill side so I just setup an external wifi and the 4 other guys just logged into the network and joined my server.
One was living more than a km away but with clean line of sight so we had no issues doing it.
Don't recall having to many issues. it is 3-4 years ago.
Have no experience hamachi!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 286 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 192 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 193 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 140 7.5%
  • < 5 years