GTR 2 & GT Legends Oculus Rift CV1 Setup Tutorial for vorpX

I. Get game(s) running well in Windows
  1. Set affinity using preferred app, (I use Radeon Pro)
    T9K7unT.png
  2. Use CFF explorer to allow GTR2.exe and GTL.exe to accept more ram.
    YfqKWkT.png
    1RARw98.png
    X3tiPac.png
  3. Check - App can handle >2gb address space, and then save.
  4. For GT Legends in Windows 10, I had to switch compatibility to Windows 7 and Run as Administrator. If there is a problem launching the game(s) its most likely due to compatibility and/or administrator rights.
II. Setup opentrack
Both games support TrackIR, which makes it easy to setup decent head tracking.
  1. Download latest release of open track.
  2. Make sure the output is set to TrackIR only.
    rQYmPxQ.png
    VOPdNxr.png
  3. This is where you set inverse settings if the head track is mixed up. My roll was backwards, it really messed with my stomach.
    jRFziz7.png
  4. Set the x,y,z mapping translation to 100cm
    VnHediX.png
  5. To start tracking just hit start, leave running in background, GTR2, GT Legends will automatically pick it up.
  6. I recommend setting a hotkey for centering under Options->Shortcuts. Mine is set to a button on my steering wheel.
III. Setup up for VR using vorpX
  1. Set FOV in "where GTR2.exe is installed"/UserData/defviews.cam
    nriykWx.png
  2. Setup in game TrackIR settings under "where GTR2.exe is installed"/UserData/"your profile name"/"your profile name".PLR
    ay4ttPd.png
  3. Game is now ready to run with vorpX.
  • Disable vorpX head tracking, it will interfere with opentrack.

Does Process Lasso only work that way ? .... No possibility of creating rules as with Bill2's ?
Else Process Lasso might not be used with d3d9.dll as alt-tab makes problem ;)

Does Process Lasso only work that way ? .... No possibility of creating rules as with Bill2's ?
I do not know!

Never had that issue in windows mode! But then again I do not use ENB just XD. or reshade.
Lately I have gone back to using DRS but before I always used windows mode together with "Borderless Gaming"

You can apparently also buy is on Steam for an easier install!

You only have to do it once then it will recolonize all instances of Gtr2.exe or what ever .exe you do it for.

Just FYI I wrote a plugin that sets affinity. It will be part of the CrewChief plugin for GTR2. We won't need PL anymore so stay tuned :D

Vytautas
So where is the download link?
Guess we will have to wait until tomorrow :roflmao:
Look forward to it! And yes knowing fully well it is a huge task so take you time.

You only have to do it once then it will recolonize all instances of Gtr2.exe or what ever .exe you do it for.

Vytautas
So where is the download link?
Guess we will have to wait until tomorrow :roflmao:
Look forward to it! And yes knowing fully well it is a huge task so take you time.
actually the plugin to change affinity is just 10 mins of work :D but the full CC support is a lot of work. The Sparten (another dev on CC team) really, really helped me save months of work, but it is still a long road, and fingers crossed there wil be no really blocking issues.... On a bright side I am running CC on GTR2 privately already, but it is a major bugfest.

Meanwhile Bjarne, I can't wait for opentrack settings from you and anyone running GTR2 with SVR headset. Today I clearly noticed that say when I turn (YAW) view moves more than IRL, and I am not sure how tame that down... I learned to configure translation (x, y, z travel distance) by editing .ini directly (I currently use 50cm), but not sure about rotation.... Basically if we find a way to map it 1:1 it will be awesome...

Last edited:
Well you know why I do not use VR right now!
On a bright side I am running CC on GTR2 privately already, but it is a major bugfest.
Nothing on Gitlab yet?

Also think you might approach the problem from the wrong end.
Are you sure you have set everything in the .PLR file right and you are using the right .PLR file?
1600425972648.png

I am not convinced you find the right userdata folder with your method!

I think first we have to find the right orientations point in Gtr2 between seat position, eyepoint fov and radius.
I should be able to start using VR after the weekend I will focus on finding some working settings.
Unless the weather turn nice here and I will be looking for birdies on the golf course! :D

Well you know why I do not use VR right now!

Nothing on Gitlab yet?

Also think you might approach the problem from the wrong end.
Are you sure you have set everything in the .PLR file right and you are using the right .PLR file?
View attachment 406980
I am not convinced you find the right userdata folder with your method!

I think first we have to find the right orientations point in Gtr2 between seat position, eyepoint fov and radius.
I should be able to start using VR after the weekend I will focus on finding some working settings.
Unless the weather turn nice here and I will be looking for birdies on the golf course! :D
thanks Bjarne, but I verified my game reads the right .plr and I did set those recommended settings. As I mentioned multiple times, it is pretty good, but not perfect, and I would be probably satisfied if not my motion setup in which mismatch is annoying.

What translation do you use in opentrack for x, y, z? At 100cm recommended in this thread I feel head is not moving, only rotating.

About orientation point - yes, it might help as well. Opentrack has neck offset, but it all still does not click in my head. Also I found EWMA filter to be least laggy and the smoothest.

Last edited:
Just checked the Opentrack
Using Freetrack 2.0 enhanced output and steam VR input.
Filter Accela
my off set is only 15 cm.
But do recall My last times in VorpX and lately more in Virtual Desktop It has been mainly race 07 I have used and not sure right now if it makes any difference?
And it was not perfect!

As I said I should be able to get back into VR after the weekend.

I followed the guide for opentrack and it seems to be half working, eyes in game follow the headsets movement with no noticeable delay but the headset doesn't load the game.. I just get "loading" in the headset and nothing happens. Did I miss something?

Hey @The Iron Wolf , these are fantastic news! I've just discovered that finally you implemented these new features into CC. I'm yet to try CC out with it but I'm really excited. Thanks to the team for your hard work!

Reading the install proces got me thinking thou: if there is a Plugins folder now in GTR2 as in rF does it mean i can use the RealFeel or LeoFFB plugins as well? That would be another dream come true!

Hey @The Iron Wolf , these are fantastic news! I've just discovered that finally you implemented these new features into CC. I'm yet to try CC out with it but I'm really excited. Thanks to the team for your hard work!

Reading the install proces got me thinking thou: if there is a Plugins folder now in GTR2 as in rF does it mean i can use the RealFeel or LeoFFB plugins as well? That would be another dream come true!
As I mentioned in the plugin release notes, GTR2 seems to be different from rF1. Some values game sends do not match or are missing etc. I did not test it myself, but my friend The Menace did an extensive testing pass and it does not seem that GTR2 picks up FFB changes from those plugins.

1. I just got a Pimax 5K Super (taking advantage of the awesome Pimax 12K trade-in offer) and want to try this. I noticed VorpX has official support for RF1 but no other ISI engine based games (besides RF2). So does the method in the original post use VorpX's official RF1 setup?

2. If RF1 is supported and GTL can be made to work, does this mean GTR1 and F1C can be made to work too or are they too old?

3. Does anyone know if these VorpX VR fixes turn the game into true 3D stereoscopic vision or "fake" 3D (AKA depth buffer 3D)? I've been using 3D Vision with triple-screens for many years and there's a big difference between true 3D and "fake" depth-buffer 3D (Nvidia calls this "Compatibility Mode").

The VorpX website, if I'm understanding correctly, states they offer both types of 3D with some games having the option to use either. Their games-compatibility list doesn't state which modes each game is capable of though.

Last edited:
1. I just got a Pimax 5K Super (taking advantage of the awesome Pimax 12K trade-in offer) and want to try this. I noticed VorpX has official support for RF1 but no other ISI engine based games (besides RF2). So does the method in the original post use VorpX's official RF1 setup?

2. If RF1 is supported and GTL can be made to work, does this mean GTR1 and F1C can be made to work too or are they too old?

3. Does anyone know if these VorpX VR fixes turn the game into true 3D stereoscopic vision or "fake" 3D (AKA depth buffer 3D)? I've been using 3D Vision with triple-screens for many years and there's a big difference between true 3D and "fake" depth-buffer 3D (Nvidia calls this "Compatibility Mode").

The VorpX website, if I'm understanding correctly, states they offer both types of 3D with some games having the option to use either. Their games-compatibility list doesn't state which modes each game is capable of though.
If I'm not wrong, the game.needs to be at least direct x 9 compatible to be able to use 3d. F1c and gtr1 should not work. A better solution is to use the free crewchief plugin to enable true VR in GTR2. It seems it can be used with ams1 and other gmotor2 engine games with some adjustments.

If I'm not wrong, the game.needs to be at least direct x 9 compatible to be able to use 3d. F1c and gtr1 should not work. A better solution is to use the free crewchief plugin to enable true VR in GTR2. It seems it can be used with ams1 and other gmotor2 engine games with some adjustments.

OK so if I use Crew Chief plugin for GTR2 and AMS1, does that mean I can also use CC for GTL, RF1, anf R07 as well and therefore I don't need to purchase/use VorpX?

OK so if I use Crew Chief plugin for GTR2 and AMS1, does that mean I can also use CC for GTL, RF1, anf R07 as well and therefore I don't need to purchase/use VorpX?
If you want to do VR with CC plug-in then as far as I know it's all about GTR2 with which the CC VR plug-in works amazingly well. There's also a CC plug-in for AMS1 that works very well but AMS1 is more demanding on the CPU and can give performance issues though that can be negated a bit by lowering settings down but still can have issues unlike the GTR2 version which is awesome. Most of the GT Legend cars are available for GTR2 btw as are the Race 07 cars and a whole lot more.

If you want to do VR with CC plug-in then as far as I know it's all about GTR2 with which the CC VR plug-in works amazingly well. There's also a CC plug-in for AMS1 that works very well but AMS1 is more demanding on the CPU and can give performance issues though that can be negated a bit by lowering settings down but still can have issues unlike the GTR2 version which is awesome. Most of the GT Legend cars are available for GTR2 btw as are the Race 07 cars and a whole lot more.
Do you know if the VR from Crew Chief is using VorpX or is it something entirely different?

Do you know if the 3D that Crew Chief is using for GTR2 and AMS1 in VR is fake z-buffer depth 3D or true 3D?

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 105 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 138 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 192 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 377 28.3%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 517 38.8%