GTR 2 & GT Legends Oculus Rift CV1 Setup Tutorial for vorpX

I. Get game(s) running well in Windows
  1. Set affinity using preferred app, (I use Radeon Pro)
    T9K7unT.png
  2. Use CFF explorer to allow GTR2.exe and GTL.exe to accept more ram.
    YfqKWkT.png
    1RARw98.png
    X3tiPac.png
  3. Check - App can handle >2gb address space, and then save.
  4. For GT Legends in Windows 10, I had to switch compatibility to Windows 7 and Run as Administrator. If there is a problem launching the game(s) its most likely due to compatibility and/or administrator rights.
II. Setup opentrack
Both games support TrackIR, which makes it easy to setup decent head tracking.
  1. Download latest release of open track.
  2. Make sure the output is set to TrackIR only.
    rQYmPxQ.png
    VOPdNxr.png
  3. This is where you set inverse settings if the head track is mixed up. My roll was backwards, it really messed with my stomach.
    jRFziz7.png
  4. Set the x,y,z mapping translation to 100cm
    VnHediX.png
  5. To start tracking just hit start, leave running in background, GTR2, GT Legends will automatically pick it up.
  6. I recommend setting a hotkey for centering under Options->Shortcuts. Mine is set to a button on my steering wheel.
III. Setup up for VR using vorpX
  1. Set FOV in "where GTR2.exe is installed"/UserData/defviews.cam
    nriykWx.png
  2. Setup in game TrackIR settings under "where GTR2.exe is installed"/UserData/"your profile name"/"your profile name".PLR
    ay4ttPd.png
  3. Game is now ready to run with vorpX.
  • Disable vorpX head tracking, it will interfere with opentrack.

Thank you for sharing , it works !!!
Unfortunately I feel motion sickness as it no really follow 100% head movement.
With other sims ( AC, R2E, PC2 ) no problem
THen you are not following the instructions from RoyFitz 100%
As the tracking are 100% 1:1
Check your .plr file again or the roll I had to invert that too.

Is it possible to get VorpX working with rFactor 1? A few of my buddies said they couldn't do it.
I should work as the Gtr2 profile are based of the rF1 profile.
If is doesn't work at all it might be that rfactor.exe gor admin rights?

Unless you got a very fast Gpu is is running very slowly and stutter some.
The VorpX fps are fine but it doesn't sync up right with the game fps whih can be in the low 30'ish.
I had different experiences in GTR2 where it sometimes runs very slow and you have to end gtr2 and start again.
By the way for the Gmotor games the z-buffer 3D works better than G3D and you can get a nice 3D effect on the first 30-50 meter.
Had hoped those games would run better but not so sure they ever will.

THen you are not following the instructions from RoyFitz 100%
As the tracking are 100% 1:1
Check your .plr file again or the roll I had to invert that too.

I should work as the Gtr2 profile are based of the rF1 profile.
If is doesn't work at all it might be that rfactor.exe gor admin rights?

Unless you got a very fast Gpu is is running very slowly and stutter some.
The VorpX fps are fine but it doesn't sync up right with the game fps whih can be in the low 30'ish.
I had different experiences in GTR2 where it sometimes runs very slow and you have to end gtr2 and start again.
By the way for the Gmotor games the z-buffer 3D works better than G3D and you can get a nice 3D effect on the first 30-50 meter.
Had hoped those games would run better but not so sure they ever will.
OK thanks, sounds like it could be a little bit tricky.

Is it it working properly? Is Vorpx worth a buy just for GTR2? Can it be done in rfactor and Automobilista (with good performance)?
It is working correctly. Like real VR but performance isn't great !
I got a gtx 970 and that is too weak to run it at full graphics. Have not given up on getting better performance yet.
The issue with rF1 and AMS are apart from low fps the lack of a driver in the seat.
In VR it is just wrong not to have a driver and arms. Know AMS got some kind of arms but there look even worse in VR.
For now a good option are to try them out on a big screen.
Several programs got large curved screens you can pull very close.
It takes some fiddling and will always be a compromise.
Trydef VR was working very well but the company are bankrupt and you can't renew anymore!
Reshade and teh z-buffer 3D works very well with very little lose in fps.

Indeed I've managed to play rfactor, AMS & GTR2 on a big screen with the oculus app and tridef, but it was still limited : the 3D worked fine but I got a huge wheel in front of me (the way to emulate the sense of deepness in 2D). It was quiet enjoyable but a bit strange because of that.
With a GTX1070 vorpx could give me good VR performance I assume.

You should increase FOV to 110!
I ordered a RTX 2070 but due to shipping issues not sure when I get it.
It is a shame GTR2 isn't getting better fps in Vorpx when you see LFS another DX9 game runs great on entry level hardware.
By the way backup your Tridef folder as you can't get it activated again online.

You should increase FOV to 110!
I ordered a RTX 2070 but due to shipping issues not sure when I get it.
It is a shame GTR2 isn't getting better fps in Vorpx when you see LFS another DX9 game runs great on entry level hardware.
By the way backup your Tridef folder as you can't get it activated again online.
I remember I did not feel right after having increasing the FOV. But I'll try again witth 110FOV, I haven't spent a lot on time on it, it was a test.

Hey guys, Gtr 2 and GT Legends are two of my all time favourite games and I would love to get them working in VR, I have followed your instructions to the letter but now I'm stuck, I have vorpX but I have no idea how to get this to work with GTR 2 or GT legends. When I open up vorpx and go into local profiles I dont have the two games listed, so what next, do I import them? and if so how?

There is a cloud profile for gtr2.
You can just add gtl.exe to that profile.
Or even use the rfactor profile and add gtr2.exe and gtl.exe to that profile not a huge difference.
Make sure you exclude gtl2config.exe and gtlconfig.exe from VorpX.

By the way nether G3D nor Z3D for Gtr2/Gtl are very good. Works with fast GPU/ CPU but both got issues.
Playing around with other ways to make a better VR experience in those games but nothing worth writing about yet.

I've forgotten this topic about vorpx and I didn't get it although it seemed interesting. Have improvements been made since then? Especially on the performance with the gmortor games? Does vorpx works fine with the F1 codemasters games?

F1 2017 works great with good performance and I assume 2019 will too.
Just very cumbersome for me to have to use keyboard.
No improvements on gmotor 2 games. There should be a new update out this month but have no info on what getting updated.
There are some other ways to get better 3D but still needs a lot more testing.

Mmm that would be great to play these F1 games in VR, I'm really bad at getting the apex right with a 2D single screen (I'm amazed by those who are so capable to do it right!). So it should be worse the investment.

With an old i7 2600k and a gtx1070 you think it should perform ok?

In the Gtr2\Usedata folder open defviews.com
It is just a text file so notepad or any other editor will do.
Find :
LocalCam=COCKPIT
{
Fov=(82.500000, 90.00000)

Your line Fov=(xx, yy) will look different
Change second figure that I marked in bold.
Start with 90 and go higher as you need.
The first do nothing as it uses the aspect ration.

Now when you start VorpX look at first page and Click on Custom resolutions.
With VorpX I use 2240x1680 for GTR2 and GTL.
The higher you go the better visuals you get but it all depend if your computer can handle it.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 344 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 233 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 231 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 175 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 293 13.3%