GTR 2 & GT Legends Oculus Rift CV1 Setup Tutorial for vorpX

Jempy

1000RPM
Premium
Nov 26, 2010
Does Process Lasso only work that way ? .... No possibility of creating rules as with Bill2's ?
Else Process Lasso might not be used with d3d9.dll as alt-tab makes problem ;)

Bjarne Hansen

500RPM
Jan 7, 2015
Does Process Lasso only work that way ? .... No possibility of creating rules as with Bill2's ?
I do not know!

Never had that issue in windows mode! But then again I do not use ENB just XD. or reshade.
Lately I have gone back to using DRS but before I always used windows mode together with "Borderless Gaming"

You can apparently also buy is on Steam for an easier install!

The Iron Wolf

100RPM
Apr 12, 2016
Just FYI I wrote a plugin that sets affinity. It will be part of the CrewChief plugin for GTR2. We won't need PL anymore so stay tuned :D

• Love
Reactions: Vilmos Vas

Bjarne Hansen

500RPM
Jan 7, 2015
You only have to do it once then it will recolonize all instances of Gtr2.exe or what ever .exe you do it for.

Just FYI I wrote a plugin that sets affinity. It will be part of the CrewChief plugin for GTR2. We won't need PL anymore so stay tuned :D
Vytautas
So where is the download link?
Guess we will have to wait until tomorrow :roflmao:
Look forward to it! And yes knowing fully well it is a huge task so take you time.

The Iron Wolf

100RPM
Apr 12, 2016
You only have to do it once then it will recolonize all instances of Gtr2.exe or what ever .exe you do it for.

Vytautas
So where is the download link?
Guess we will have to wait until tomorrow :roflmao:
Look forward to it! And yes knowing fully well it is a huge task so take you time.
actually the plugin to change affinity is just 10 mins of work :D but the full CC support is a lot of work. The Sparten (another dev on CC team) really, really helped me save months of work, but it is still a long road, and fingers crossed there wil be no really blocking issues.... On a bright side I am running CC on GTR2 privately already, but it is a major bugfest.

Meanwhile Bjarne, I can't wait for opentrack settings from you and anyone running GTR2 with SVR headset. Today I clearly noticed that say when I turn (YAW) view moves more than IRL, and I am not sure how tame that down... I learned to configure translation (x, y, z travel distance) by editing .ini directly (I currently use 50cm), but not sure about rotation.... Basically if we find a way to map it 1:1 it will be awesome...

Last edited:

Bjarne Hansen

500RPM
Jan 7, 2015
Well you know why I do not use VR right now!
On a bright side I am running CC on GTR2 privately already, but it is a major bugfest.
Nothing on Gitlab yet?

Also think you might approach the problem from the wrong end.
Are you sure you have set everything in the .PLR file right and you are using the right .PLR file?
1600425972648.png

I am not convinced you find the right userdata folder with your method!

I think first we have to find the right orientations point in Gtr2 between seat position, eyepoint fov and radius.
I should be able to start using VR after the weekend I will focus on finding some working settings.
Unless the weather turn nice here and I will be looking for birdies on the golf course! :D

Reactions: The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf

100RPM
Apr 12, 2016
Well you know why I do not use VR right now!

Nothing on Gitlab yet?

Also think you might approach the problem from the wrong end.
Are you sure you have set everything in the .PLR file right and you are using the right .PLR file?
View attachment 406980
I am not convinced you find the right userdata folder with your method!

I think first we have to find the right orientations point in Gtr2 between seat position, eyepoint fov and radius.
I should be able to start using VR after the weekend I will focus on finding some working settings.
Unless the weather turn nice here and I will be looking for birdies on the golf course! :D
thanks Bjarne, but I verified my game reads the right .plr and I did set those recommended settings. As I mentioned multiple times, it is pretty good, but not perfect, and I would be probably satisfied if not my motion setup in which mismatch is annoying.

What translation do you use in opentrack for x, y, z? At 100cm recommended in this thread I feel head is not moving, only rotating.

About orientation point - yes, it might help as well. Opentrack has neck offset, but it all still does not click in my head. Also I found EWMA filter to be least laggy and the smoothest.

Last edited:

Bjarne Hansen

500RPM
Jan 7, 2015
Just checked the Opentrack
Using Freetrack 2.0 enhanced output and steam VR input.
Filter Accela
my off set is only 15 cm.
But do recall My last times in VorpX and lately more in Virtual Desktop It has been mainly race 07 I have used and not sure right now if it makes any difference?
And it was not perfect!

As I said I should be able to get back into VR after the weekend.

SkullArmy

1RPM
Aug 15, 2018
I followed the guide for opentrack and it seems to be half working, eyes in game follow the headsets movement with no noticeable delay but the headset doesn't load the game.. I just get "loading" in the headset and nothing happens. Did I miss something?

Sportcorp

10RPM
Aug 18, 2016
Time saver dropping in, and want to add that I today got the game tracking head movement from SteamVR, so you will likely no not need open track once we are done with this "plugin"
-Kind regards.
Tha Sparten

The Iron Wolf

100RPM
Apr 12, 2016
Time saver dropping in, and want to add that I today got the game tracking head movement from SteamVR, so you will likely no not need open track once we are done with this "plugin"
-Kind regards.
Tha Sparten
and it works waaaaaaaaaay better than OT :D

Vilmos Vas

50RPM
Oct 17, 2008
Hey @The Iron Wolf , these are fantastic news! I've just discovered that finally you implemented these new features into CC. I'm yet to try CC out with it but I'm really excited. Thanks to the team for your hard work!

Reading the install proces got me thinking thou: if there is a Plugins folder now in GTR2 as in rF does it mean i can use the RealFeel or LeoFFB plugins as well? That would be another dream come true!

Bjarne Hansen

500RPM
Jan 7, 2015
To some extend the rf1 plugins works.
Or rather some work and some doesn't
Realfeel works so do LeoFFB but since LeoFFB are included in realfeel.
I will make a seperate thread about plugins

The Iron Wolf

100RPM
Apr 12, 2016
Hey @The Iron Wolf , these are fantastic news! I've just discovered that finally you implemented these new features into CC. I'm yet to try CC out with it but I'm really excited. Thanks to the team for your hard work!

Reading the install proces got me thinking thou: if there is a Plugins folder now in GTR2 as in rF does it mean i can use the RealFeel or LeoFFB plugins as well? That would be another dream come true!
As I mentioned in the plugin release notes, GTR2 seems to be different from rF1. Some values game sends do not match or are missing etc. I did not test it myself, but my friend The Menace did an extensive testing pass and it does not seem that GTR2 picks up FFB changes from those plugins.