GTR 2 & GT Legends Oculus Rift CV1 Setup Tutorial for vorpX

I. Get game(s) running well in Windows
  1. Set affinity using preferred app, (I use Radeon Pro)
    T9K7unT.png
  2. Use CFF explorer to allow GTR2.exe and GTL.exe to accept more ram.
    YfqKWkT.png
    1RARw98.png
    X3tiPac.png
  3. Check - App can handle >2gb address space, and then save.
  4. For GT Legends in Windows 10, I had to switch compatibility to Windows 7 and Run as Administrator. If there is a problem launching the game(s) its most likely due to compatibility and/or administrator rights.
II. Setup opentrack
Both games support TrackIR, which makes it easy to setup decent head tracking.
  1. Download latest release of open track.
  2. Make sure the output is set to TrackIR only.
    rQYmPxQ.png
    VOPdNxr.png
  3. This is where you set inverse settings if the head track is mixed up. My roll was backwards, it really messed with my stomach.
    jRFziz7.png
  4. Set the x,y,z mapping translation to 100cm
    VnHediX.png
  5. To start tracking just hit start, leave running in background, GTR2, GT Legends will automatically pick it up.
  6. I recommend setting a hotkey for centering under Options->Shortcuts. Mine is set to a button on my steering wheel.
III. Setup up for VR using vorpX
  1. Set FOV in "where GTR2.exe is installed"/UserData/defviews.cam
    nriykWx.png
  2. Setup in game TrackIR settings under "where GTR2.exe is installed"/UserData/"your profile name"/"your profile name".PLR
    ay4ttPd.png
  3. Game is now ready to run with vorpX.
  • Disable vorpX head tracking, it will interfere with opentrack.

Do you know if the VR from Crew Chief is using VorpX or is it something entirely different?

Do you know if the 3D that Crew Chief is using for GTR2 and AMS1 in VR is fake z-buffer depth 3D or true 3D?
If I remember well it's true 3D, you should search that info on various reviews. I didn't know there was a crew chief ready plugin for AMS1.

The video I posted explains how to adapt the GTR2 plugin to AMS1. I haven't taken time to watch it entirely but I assume the tutorial can be applied to any gmotor2 game (all the titles you mentioned).

Just try the tutorial and let us know whether it works, that would be really interesting.

I don't know the state of vorpx currently, but I've been really interested since its launch but never been convinced about the performance and the ease of use. I'm not willing to struggle 2 hours to set the vr for each game to get a half VR experience.

I managed to do something similar with triedef and a virtual desk (I can't remember exactly, it was a long time ago), it was fun in racing games, gtr2, ams1, dirt4, but not amazing, as the perspectives were those rendered by a flat screen, not a real 3D, and the fov limited to the virtual screen limits.

Crew chief brings vr to gtr2 for free, there's no reason not to use it.

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 302 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 210 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 202 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 152 7.7%
  • < 5 years