gtr 2 crashes when i press the drive button in the pits

my gtr 2 crashes every time when i press the drive button in the pits after the map loading,
I've already tried several solutions like reinstall the game, change gtr 2 binary (.exe), update pc drivers, etc. (this crash occurs with gtr 2 vanilla without mods and with mods)

Last edited:
That's tough, I'm not sure. You're using Steam or cd version? Steam version should run fine I'd think.

Are you sure you're on WIn10 *32bit*? Can't imagine anyone is on 32bit anymore...

Is it happening on all cars and tracks? Is it happening with small grid sizes?

If you're on 64bit try running the 4gb patch on GTR2.exe and see if it helps.

I actually have that exact same problem, everything else is working perfectly fine. the only cause of a game crash is hitting drive from the pits. the trace is not very helpful though. I just went through the reinstall process myself and I'm still getting that problem. I'm about to go through more troubleshooting and I'll share if I find anything

This looks once again as a "Admin Rights" problem as usual.... or/and maybe a VCRedist reinstall needed.
For such a crash ... a trace file doesn't tell anything.

Isso é difícil, não tenho certeza. Você está usando a versão Steam ou cd? A versão Steam deve funcionar bem, eu acho.

Tem certeza de que está no Win10 *32bit*? Não consigo mais imaginar que alguém seja em 32 bits...

Está em todos os carros e pistas? Isso está disponível com tamanhos de notas pequenas?

Se estiver em 64 bits, tente executar o patch de 4 GB no GTR2.exe e veja esta ajuda.

1 - i already tested on cd .exe and steam .exe

2 - yes

3 - yes, in all tracks and cars

Last edited:
This looks once again as a "Admin Rights" problem as usual.... or/and maybe a VCRedist reinstall needed.
For such a crash ... a trace file doesn't tell anything.
the crash just disappeared when I started the game again (without any changes), however, I don't believe that's the problem, I always run my game as administrator and i already have vcredist on my computer.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back