RaceRoom Racing Experience Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to agree Dave I do prefer the transition of day the different colours and shadows etc. But what I didn't realise was it starts at noon and moves on from there not the other way around. What a div. Just need to know if there a temperature transition. Even if the time multiplier is set to zero. Certainly would be interesting in the combinations of the way these settings involving this can be made.

Last edited:
It would appear that the time of day resets for each event segment (practice, qualy,...)
That's what I was thinking. As it does look like practice has a noticeable transition but qualy and race just looks like the noon. Which begs another question does a particular session like practice need to be above a certain time before it comes into effect even a noticeable one. Or let's say buy having the time multiplier on 15 or even 20 to make it noticeable in a 40-minute race? Logically this would make sense as there is less time so logically you would have to turn up the time multiplier to achieve that transition in a shorter period. So you would be making a 40-minute race look like an hour and a half or more.
Dave, I don't know if you've got individual time multipliers for each session practice, qualifying and race. If you have that would be certainly worth experimenting with for sure. Just so you can treat each session as a different day as in real-life racing. I am hoping @Alex Hodgkinson can shed some light on the confusion, well my confusion. :O_o:

Last edited:
@brc19 , to follow up from your question last night this is how I have the SimHub dash on my rig. Can't really see it but one pic shows the ram mount parts. The other shows my view from the drivers seat and most importantly the last pic shows the Statistics that are saved from last nights race. You can also use it in conjunction with OtterHub.

Attachments

• kg cockpit2.jpg
    kg cockpit2.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 91
  • RamMount2.jpg
    RamMount2.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 97
  • SimHub-statistics.jpg
    SimHub-statistics.jpg
    213.3 KB · Views: 90
@David DeGreef I like the look later in the day.
@Calvyn White Same as you, I wondered if time of day had any effect on track temperature.
Well, that's been clarified. There isn't any time of day temperature differences from dawn to sunset. Which is a shame but it certainly makes it easier as you haven't got to worry about making your setup in practice when it's hotter and racing later in the day when it's cooler it all should be the same. Noon seems a bit bland no shadows not a lot of colour. As I can now get back in my rig I think it's time to have a closer look at these time of day settings and a little bit leaderboard testing.

Last edited:
So far what I've driven is a nice group of cars for this track. Unfortunately there's not a lot of time of day affect not a lot to create shadows etc. Compare to something like monzo.
So far view dawn which is a bit strange with a track surface being dark. Morning you ok a bit yellow but nice. Afternoon looks a bit overcast as if it was going to rain in 20 minutes. Sunset I'm still yet to try I'm looking forward to it that's if I can get back into my rig again.

God I swear I been stabbed in my left buttock will a hot poker. And have been shot just above the left knee and stabbed again with another hot poker on the outside of my left calf. And if anybody suffered for pins and needles in your foot x it by 50 and that's my left foot. Look after your back gentleman because if you don't in later in life its gonna give you :poop: and more :poop: and I'm talking about a serious amount of :poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop:.

Just a quick question guys. I was wondering what you chaps prefer in the away of time of day? Or what you think gives the best realism.

I was also wondering what you guys are running in the graphical settings such as Shadows, Bloom, Shadows Split, Motion Blur, Motion Blur Quality and things like that. I've got everything on and at the highest quality. But I'm not sure if it's giving me the best for realism. So I'm wondering if any of you guys have any other settings despite being lower settings that would give me better realism.

Last edited:
Been messing with the Cadillac on and off for about 2-hours. Which is a little unstable and does feel like it's on the limit... Which I would probably fix on the club server so I know what the tyres are doing in the way of temperatures.
Leaderboard setup, treat as a baseline.

Attachments

• 2020-03-19_11-40-02_cadillac_cts-vr.svm
    7.2 KB · Views: 70
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 101 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 134 10.4%