RaceRoom Racing Experience Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
The USA is 7 hours behind. So they're 8 o'clock in the evening is race time. So that would be roughly 3 o'clock in the morning here in Europe.

Gli Stati Uniti sono 7 ore indietro. Quindi sono le 8 di sera è tempo di gara. Quindi sarebbero circa le 3 del mattino qui in Europa.

I am drawing a blank but how do I bind a wheel PB to speak? On the controller setup/edit assignment all I can find remotely likely it is Chat but that's not it. Not seeing anything that looks right on Teamspeak. Probably obvious but it's been a few weeks trying to figure it out and feeling a bit daft not responding to comments during the race. Honest, I'm to ignoring everyone.

@Calvyn White , used your 2005 set-up. Worked great. Thanks.

That was bloody brilliant. I was literally sitting on the edge of my seat. The battle between first and second and third and fourth was some of the best racing I've seen for a long time and driving like gentleman throughout. Well done to the podium finishes and well done all for seeing through to the end. Great stuff, a joy to watch.

And a very big thank you to @davew045 for setting up the stream much obliged.

Last edited:
I am drawing a blank but how do I bind a wheel PB to speak? On the controller setup/edit assignment all I can find remotely likely it is Chat but that's not it. Not seeing anything that looks right on Teamspeak. Probably obvious but it's been a few weeks trying to figure it out and feeling a bit daft not responding to comments during the race. Honest, I'm to ignoring everyone.

@Calvyn White , used your 2005 set-up. Worked great. Thanks.
1584495928425.png

It was brought up last event as to what time of day the event takes place. All sessions are set for noon, why it looks like dawn or early evening I am not sure.

It was brought up last event as to what time of day the event takes place. All sessions are set for noon, why it looks like dawn or early evening I am not sure.
Now that's interesting as I've always wondered this myself.

In-game we got an update 6 or so months ago. In which they added a time multiplier. So I'm wondering as you got all the sessions set to noon is this multiplier on for each session. For instance, in practice is it going from dawn to noon and qualifying and race alike. Whether you've got this time multiplier in the server settings David I do not know.
But to be honest I only really see race as noon. It's only in practice I see any difference especially when you get on the server with lots of time left 300 plus minutes of a practice session.
Now the big question is there a temperature change of the track. If there isn't that's fine that's it's good to know but if there is that something we do need to know. Because of this involved tyre pressure, tyre temperature and when you are more likely to get less or more grip.
For instance, if noon is the optimal temperature anything before would be cooler and may actually in some circumstances in some cars give you better grip and possibly the same anything beyond noon. I suppose I can only suggest is to check for this time multiplier and see if it's it's on which I do believe is 0 to 25 in-game that is.
Is it set, if there is one for the entire event or individual sessions?

The other thing is track temperature for which I have no idea how to get or even if it's getable. As I'm sure you're aware that track temperature plays a big part in making your setup. What I mean is if you practice with plenty of time on the clock and you're put in let's say the dawn which I can imagine being cooler giving you lower temperatures giving you an impression that you could add more toe and camber. So come race time you set your car up for cooler temperatures only discover because it is now noon things are getting a little too hot.

I am probably overthinking this and very little of this comes into play but if you've got the settings why wouldn't it?

Anyway, David if you feel you would like to know a little bit more about this as I would and if you've got the time I would be prepared to help in any way I can so we can determine what's a factor and what isn't, just let me know. And we'll see if we can work it out to the advantage of an event. And to stratify one's curiosity.

One other thing I nearly forgot when using the leaderboard you've got the option of setting the time of day why this setting is here for the leaderboard I do not know except visuals. I say this because the tyre temperature is set to optimal. So basically track temperature is not involved with tyre temperature so why have the setting of times a day. A little misleading if you think about it.
I begin to think I'm going to start answering my questions.
I'm beginning to think there are no temperature changes throughout the sessions I think dawn temperature is the same as noon simply the same temperature all day long. Which would make it weird in why they would have different times of the day except for visuals. I just don't get it but I would love to know.

I just thought of a test.
With a default, or making one set the very best time that one can do. At the very start of a practice session or near to it. Something like the first 30-minutes and the last 30-minutes of a practice session.
Then come back let's say three hours later near the end of the session and try and match that time. Now if there is is a progression in time I'm throughout that session it should go from cool to warm temperature. So in theory, in my opinion, you should not be able to go faster, in fact, you should be probably slower. I'll be testing this as soon as I'm able but if anybody else would care that give it a go that would be great if you've got the time.

Dave this post may be stepping over the mark somewhat with not a lot to do with the event itself. So, by all means, remove the post if you feel is deemed necessary. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Good point @Calvyn White the multiplier was at 1 with a noon start so by the time we race it would be evening as I typically reset server 6 hours prior to event. I have set the multiplier to zero so next races should be bright and sunny. Personally I was liking the colors and shadows the game was producing.

I suspect the settings are for aesthetics only, but I think @Alex Hodgkinson could clarify if indeed time of race affects the ambient and track temperature. Please and thank you Alex.

Good point @Calvyn White the multiplier was at 1 with a noon start so by the time we race it would be evening...
I was finding practice for the last several races to be at evening lighting (long shadows, darker) but as soon as qualy started it was noon lighting. It would appear that the time of day resets for each event segment (practice, qualy,...)
While I like the aesthetics of the late day lighting I can't see s#%! on track.:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 139 13.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 103 10.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 96 9.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 73 7.1%