HTC Vive

US GTR 2 @ Chang International - Tue Mar 24 2020

David DeGreef

R3E Racing Club Host US
Staff
Premium
Dec 12, 2016
R3E_US_club.jpg

Welcome to the Americas R3E racing club where all skill levels are welcomed and encouraged to participate for a relaxed and friendly racing atmosphere.

We support good hard racing and just ask you to respect track limits, basic racing etiquette and most importantly, each other. Check out this short video explaining club rules.

All premium members can sign up for this event. Sign up below and make sure to tag fellow community members who you think are up for a challenge!

Join us
Not a premium member yet but interested in racing with our group of friendly drivers?
Click here for more information and learn how you can participate.

If you need any help don't hesitate to ask on TeamSpeak... there's no such thing as a stupid question, and if no one has the answer, I will get one before the next event.

Looking for tips on setting up for a Pit Stop, Glossary of FFB Terms, TS Notifier or other How To's for R3E check out the great resources here.

Or maybe you like to use a setup from one of our talented members, browse the setups here.

Racing Club Rules: Click here
Server and Teamspeak Password: Click here
Teamspeak Installation Guide: Click here
Incident Reporting: Click here

We highly recommend that you join us on TeamSpeak, and that you use an app called Crew Chief. It gives you an audio spotter that tells you when cars are alongside, greatly increasing your awareness and reducing unnecessary incidents. You can download it here.

Server Name:
RaceDepartment.com US Tues
Cars: GTR 2
Track: Chang International - Full
Tuesday March 24, 2020
Practice:
21:00 ET (30 minutes)
Qualifying: 21:30 ET (15 minutes)

Warmup : 21:45 ET (5 minutes)
Race: 21:50 ET (40 minutes) - Mandatory Pit Stop (two tires min)

Entry List
- Max 30 slots
  1. David DeGreef
  2. Scott_H
  3. joecronk
  4. SPC15
  5. ko41
  6. 2112
  7. brc19
  8. Keith_G
  9. Calvyn White
  10. Wilko Jones
  11. SOLO59
  12. JACE323
  13. Jopamir
  14. Magnus Stjerneby
  15. Open
  16. Open
  17. Open
  18. Open
  19. Open
  20. Open
  21. Open
Reserve list
  1. Reserve
  2. Reserve
UTP# 51

Server is OPEN for practice
Please note that server will be reset on race day approximately 2-1/2 hours prior to start time.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Calvyn White

David DeGreef

R3E Racing Club Host US
Staff
Premium
Dec 12, 2016
It was brought up last event as to what time of day the event takes place. All sessions are set for noon, why it looks like dawn or early evening I am not sure.

Calvyn White

Calv Killmore
Premium
Jan 21, 2017
It was brought up last event as to what time of day the event takes place. All sessions are set for noon, why it looks like dawn or early evening I am not sure.
Now that's interesting as I've always wondered this myself.

In-game we got an update 6 or so months ago. In which they added a time multiplier. So I'm wondering as you got all the sessions set to noon is this multiplier on for each session. For instance, in practice is it going from dawn to noon and qualifying and race alike. Whether you've got this time multiplier in the server settings David I do not know.
But to be honest I only really see race as noon. It's only in practice I see any difference especially when you get on the server with lots of time left 300 plus minutes of a practice session.
Now the big question is there a temperature change of the track. If there isn't that's fine that's it's good to know but if there is that something we do need to know. Because of this involved tyre pressure, tyre temperature and when you are more likely to get less or more grip.
For instance, if noon is the optimal temperature anything before would be cooler and may actually in some circumstances in some cars give you better grip and possibly the same anything beyond noon. I suppose I can only suggest is to check for this time multiplier and see if it's it's on which I do believe is 0 to 25 in-game that is.
Is it set, if there is one for the entire event or individual sessions?

The other thing is track temperature for which I have no idea how to get or even if it's getable. As I'm sure you're aware that track temperature plays a big part in making your setup. What I mean is if you practice with plenty of time on the clock and you're put in let's say the dawn which I can imagine being cooler giving you lower temperatures giving you an impression that you could add more toe and camber. So come race time you set your car up for cooler temperatures only discover because it is now noon things are getting a little too hot.

I am probably overthinking this and very little of this comes into play but if you've got the settings why wouldn't it?

Anyway, David if you feel you would like to know a little bit more about this as I would and if you've got the time I would be prepared to help in any way I can so we can determine what's a factor and what isn't, just let me know. And we'll see if we can work it out to the advantage of an event. And to stratify one's curiosity.

One other thing I nearly forgot when using the leaderboard you've got the option of setting the time of day why this setting is here for the leaderboard I do not know except visuals. I say this because the tyre temperature is set to optimal. So basically track temperature is not involved with tyre temperature so why have the setting of times a day. A little misleading if you think about it.
I begin to think I'm going to start answering my questions.
I'm beginning to think there are no temperature changes throughout the sessions I think dawn temperature is the same as noon simply the same temperature all day long. Which would make it weird in why they would have different times of the day except for visuals. I just don't get it but I would love to know.

I just thought of a test.
With a default, or making one set the very best time that one can do. At the very start of a practice session or near to it. Something like the first 30-minutes and the last 30-minutes of a practice session.
Then come back let's say three hours later near the end of the session and try and match that time. Now if there is is a progression in time I'm throughout that session it should go from cool to warm temperature. So in theory, in my opinion, you should not be able to go faster, in fact, you should be probably slower. I'll be testing this as soon as I'm able but if anybody else would care that give it a go that would be great if you've got the time.

Dave this post may be stepping over the mark somewhat with not a lot to do with the event itself. So, by all means, remove the post if you feel is deemed necessary. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Reactions: Keith_G and Jopamir

David DeGreef

R3E Racing Club Host US
Staff
Premium
Dec 12, 2016
Good point @Calvyn White the multiplier was at 1 with a noon start so by the time we race it would be evening as I typically reset server 6 hours prior to event. I have set the multiplier to zero so next races should be bright and sunny. Personally I was liking the colors and shadows the game was producing.

I suspect the settings are for aesthetics only, but I think @Alex Hodgkinson could clarify if indeed time of race affects the ambient and track temperature. Please and thank you Alex.

Scott_H

50RPM
Premium
Aug 23, 2018
Good point @Calvyn White the multiplier was at 1 with a noon start so by the time we race it would be evening...
I was finding practice for the last several races to be at evening lighting (long shadows, darker) but as soon as qualy started it was noon lighting. It would appear that the time of day resets for each event segment (practice, qualy,...)
While I like the aesthetics of the late day lighting I can't see s#%! on track.:cool:

Reactions: Calvyn White

Calvyn White

Calv Killmore
Premium
Jan 21, 2017
I have to agree Dave I do prefer the transition of day the different colours and shadows etc. But what I didn't realise was it starts at noon and moves on from there not the other way around. What a div. Just need to know if there a temperature transition. Even if the time multiplier is set to zero. Certainly would be interesting in the combinations of the way these settings involving this can be made.

Last edited:

Calvyn White

Calv Killmore
Premium
Jan 21, 2017
It would appear that the time of day resets for each event segment (practice, qualy,...)
That's what I was thinking. As it does look like practice has a noticeable transition but qualy and race just looks like the noon. Which begs another question does a particular session like practice need to be above a certain time before it comes into effect even a noticeable one. Or let's say buy having the time multiplier on 15 or even 20 to make it noticeable in a 40-minute race? Logically this would make sense as there is less time so logically you would have to turn up the time multiplier to achieve that transition in a shorter period. So you would be making a 40-minute race look like an hour and a half or more.
Dave, I don't know if you've got individual time multipliers for each session practice, qualifying and race. If you have that would be certainly worth experimenting with for sure. Just so you can treat each session as a different day as in real-life racing. I am hoping @Alex Hodgkinson can shed some light on the confusion, well my confusion. :O_o:

Last edited:

Keith_G

500RPM
Premium
Mar 17, 2013
@brc19 , to follow up from your question last night this is how I have the SimHub dash on my rig. Can't really see it but one pic shows the ram mount parts. The other shows my view from the drivers seat and most importantly the last pic shows the Statistics that are saved from last nights race. You can also use it in conjunction with OtterHub.

Attachments