GTR 2 CC VR Settings

Calling it CC VR to distinguishes from VorpX VR.

Using a i7 7700k @ 4.8 and a RTX 2070 and a first gen WMR 1440 x 1440 resolution headset.
First read here:

Using Nvidia Profile Inspector
Antiailiasing compatibility 0x004412C1 Diablo III
Frame Rate Limiter V3 180FPS, use that for monitor use.
4 X Multisampling
4 X Sparse Grid Super Sampling

CrewChief.ini , changes to default settings.
changeProcessAffinity = 0xFF // Played with 0xAA to only use real cores as I did with Process Lasso but see no difference.
enableSteamVRRendering = 1 // enable VR
menuOverlayDistance = 2.000000 // For me nicer than 1.5
menuOverlayCurvature = 0.100000 // better for a 1440 x 1440 headset

Having a monitor 2560 x 1080 are likely giving me some restrictions in respect to windows resolution.
If I select vertical windows or full screen resolutions over 1080 I can't move the mouse down to the lower part of the screen and therefor can't start the session :(
That is regardless of what resolution I set the monitor too. It has no issue running 3840 x 2160 @ 144 hz but still prevent the mouse to go lower on the screen than 1080
Also find that 4:3 resolutions gives me the best AA
After trying a lot my best display settings are 1680 x 1050 with 150% Supersampling.
Noticed that some none 4 : 3 aspect resolutions do not work well with regards to AA.
Same as in VorpX.

Gives me very clear cockpits and close up details and fair enough more more distant track details.
Pretty much on par with sharpness and details in dx11 race sims.
Some info on reddit let me to believe that is just how 32bit apps are dealt with in WMR currently.

Defview.cam in UserData.
LocalCam=COCKPIT
{
Fov=(105.000000, 105.000000) // 95 -110 are good for me
Clear=True
Color=(164, 218, 249)
ClipPlanes=(0.37500, 500.000000) // 0.37500 in some mods it does cut cockpit parts away but only slight when turning head 90 degrees.
And the higher you can have the Near Clip Plane the less texture flicker

Perfectly happy with both visuals and performance with graphics on max.
Can have some light stutter at race start in rain but otherwise butter smooth and prefect AA.

Have none of the tracking issues other have talked about. Lost tracking slowly one evening but after removing the headset i realized it had become pitch dark in my play area and lights on solved that.

So very happy with this VR solution 3D are absolutely perfect for me and just sitting in the cockpit it is hard not to reach out trying to flip a switch.:)
Apart from AMS 2 on Nordschleife I have not bothered with other sims in VR since this came out and frankly very surprised it has not generated more attention ?

CrewChief.ini , changes to default settings.
changeProcessAffinity = 0xFF // Played with 0xAA to only use real cores as I did with Process Lasso but see no difference.
enableSteamVRRendering = 1 // enable VR
menuOverlayDistance = 2.000000 // For me nicer than 1.5
menuOverlayCurvature = 0.100000 // better for a 1440 x 1440 headset

I have both crew chief and gtr 2 installed but cannot find those lines anywhere on my PC.

Do you have steam gtr2.exe ?
Copy the Gtr2\plugins folder to your gtr2 install.
Run gtr2 and it will generate the .ini file.
Or just select gtr2 in Crew Chief and press start it will install the plugin in the gtr2 folder you specify.
You can later change that in crew chief settings.

But you do need the Steam version of GTR2.exe .
The older NOCD do not import plugins

The game was not starting anymore, not even after a file verification, so I uninstalled it. I may or may not spend more time trying to make it work when I find clear and precise installation instructions.
Thank you for trying to help.

Delete all files and have steam download again
use that as a backup and copy gtr2 folder to something like D:\games\
You can them mod that install and makes as many install as you like for that matter,
Just been using the GTL mod in VR are that is just the best VR experience ever!

Yes I have seen that on discord, have you tried it?
Got a bit nausea today so have not tried VR, but love the open wheelers in AMS so will soon.

to run race 07 I have had to make it compatible with Window 7, will gtr 2 run on window 10 without back compatibility?
I never do in any of the old sims as it interferes with other apps I use.

The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000005). Click OK to close the application.

Sucks I recall seeing that one fault but forgot the solution.
Will send you a PM

OK, I made progress, GTR 2 runs fine, I have CrewChief.ini in my plugin folder, but if I copy, d3d9.dll and openvr_api.dll files to my gtr 2 root folder, I get: 0xc0000005 abd off course nothing.
if I delete, openvr_api.dll files from my gtr 2 root folder, gtr 2 runs fine in pancake mode.

Does CC need to be active to run GTR 2 in VR?

Also in requirements, it says, - Do not run as Administrator. Since doing so breaks CC SteamVR overlays, such configuration is not supported.
Is that an issue since that is how we run gtr 2 or does it just relates to CC?

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 89 7.5%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 124 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 171 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 334 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing