RaceRoom Racing Experience Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
A 75 mile one way trip home from work - there's something you won't read about in one of the EU based clubs! :D

"Mate, that's 'alfway 'cross me 'ole bleedin' country!"
Lol. The last job I had I drove 100 miles one way. Of course I only worked 10 days a month, and my trip was on a freeway that had little traffic, so it was not so bad. I used to get to work in less time that it takes me to drive the 12 miles from my work to the LA civic center.

Lol. The last job I had I drove 100 miles one way. Of course I only worked 10 days a month, and my trip was on a freeway that had little traffic, so it was not so bad. I used to get to work in less time that it takes me to drive the 12 miles from my work to the LA civic center.

Wow, 100 mi, that's crazy! I drive 12 miles one way in Denver...traffic here is starting to do it's best to imitate LA, I'm afraid! :confused:

Found out the other day the average commute distance for people at the company I work for is 18 miles...everyone takes it for granted here I think, but that is a pretty big number. It's nice that we have the space we do here and I suppose it's part of the American dream to have a yard and elbow room and all that, but it does get to be a drain sometimes (all the traffic, the miles, etc).

Just this minute saw this event. :confused::):thumbsup:
Please please put me on the grid. Log me in, sign me up, put me on the list and entry me into the race.

I'm sure when I get home later today I'll make a start on some setups and a special one for you Mr @Kenny Paton . As I think, I know what you are looking for, handling wise.:whistling:
And to make it perfectly clear can you sign me up please guys. :thumbsup:

And I haven't mentioned in a while I don't like front-wheel-drive cars.:roflmao:

Last edited:
Wow, 100 mi, that's crazy! I drive 12 miles one way in Denver...traffic here is starting to do it's best to imitate LA, I'm afraid! :confused:

Found out the other day the average commute distance for people at the company I work for is 18 miles...everyone takes it for granted here I think, but that is a pretty big number. It's nice that we have the space we do here and I suppose it's part of the American dream to have a yard and elbow room and all that, but it does get to be a drain sometimes (all the traffic, the miles, etc).

The distance is more of a challenge now than it was prior to 2013 for me. Now I have to do the drive every day and while my morning commute goes quickly (for the distance) I have to leave my house at 0330. The afternoon commute is a bear because it is on one of the busiest freeways in SoCal and the only one that directly takes me to my home in the Inland Empire. The first time I did the drive before a holiday weekend (Thanksgiving 2013), it took me six hours to get home. Now if the traffic is bad I will do the majority of the drive on streets, only getting on the freeway at the choke-point in Santa Ana Canyon.

Before 2013 I was a firefighter/medic and we worked 24 hour shifts. My job was in the high-desert north-east of San Bernardino, Ca. and the drive was on the I15 which at that time was relatively lightly traveled, thus my commute was easy going both ways. The only time I had issues was in 2003 and I was trying to get to my station while the Grand Prix fire was going on "Down The Hill". The fire jumped the freeway right in front of me and I had to take a big detour...Just to get to my station so I could go to the fire...

Anyone try the LMP2's yet? On the leaderboards the fastest time was by the DP but it is a handling pig compared to the other ones. I am concentrating on the second LMP2 (Mistral?) but I am having issues with the downshifts causing the car to over rotate, (this is present in all the LMP2's BTW). I have tried reducing the pre-load but it does not seem to help much.

The only thing that seems to help it to approach the corners so slow that it really effects the lap time.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Anyone try the LMP2's yet? On the leaderboards the fastest time was by the DP but it is a handling pig compared to the other ones. I am concentrating on the second LMP2 (Mistral?) but I am having issues with the downshifts causing the car to over rotate, (this is present in all the LMP2's BTW). I have tried reducing the pre-load but it does not seem to help much.

The only thing that seems to help it to approach the corners so slow that it really effects the lap time.

Anyone have any suggestions?
Add rear wing and do all your downshifts while the car is going straight. I remember the P2 cars in rFactor bieng a lot more stable than these Raceroom cars? Also you might have to bias towards the front more if your opting for a low downforce setup?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 98 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 177 14.1%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 353 28.1%