• Welcome to the largest (sim) racing website in the world!
    Blurring the line between real and virtual motorsports.

EU GTR 1 @ Spa Francorchamps - Wed 28 Aug 2019

Discussion in 'R3E Racing Club & Leagues' started by Ross Garland, Aug 21, 2019.

Added to Calendar: 28-08-19
  1. FeltHat

FeltHat
    Premium

Ratings:
    +2,067
    well made bop imo, as Ross said, pick your favorite car

2. pedrito el drito

pedrito el drito
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1
    Sign me up please

• Like Like x 1
  3. Kenny Paton

Kenny Paton
    Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +5,522
    You're on the grid:thumbsup:

4. Kenny Paton

Kenny Paton
    Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +5,522
    Just to alert everyone, there was an update today and we are currently having an issue getting the server running, our tech staff should be on it shortly.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Calvyn White

Calvyn White
    Calv Killmore Premium

Ratings:
    +1,588
    Couldn't even get the game the start earlier. But I do think that was due to the update not updating. Tried again an hour later and it was fine.:geek:
    And now I see there is a bigger problem. Of all the times why now. I hope it gets fixed. ;)As I do love this combo.:thumbsup:

6. Kenny Paton

Kenny Paton
    Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +5,522
    All fixed and Ross has restarted the server so up and running now:thumbsup:

• Like Like x 2
    • Love Love x 1
  7. Daniel R.

Daniel R.
    Premium

Ratings:
    +67
    Damn windows update, what's the latest point I can join?
    Warmup?

8. Kenny Paton

Kenny Paton
    Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +5,522
    Any time up to end of qually.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Jean Pierre Vitabar

Jean Pierre Vitabar
    Premium

Ratings:
    +9
    Another abandonment, today you have shown that you do not know how to make a clean race, thanks to all who hit me, next I will make the same strategy

10. Kenny Paton

Kenny Paton
    Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +5,522
    If you have an issue then we have a procedure that you can use.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Ross Garland

Ross Garland
    Spiritseer Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +4,007
    If you deliberately ram anybody in any of our races you will be banned from all racing, permanently. End of story, no right to appeal. If you have an issue with anybody ramming you accidentally or on purpose, you follow the very simple incident reporting procedure like everyone else. It's what it's there for. Simple.

That aside, thanks for the excellent racing guys! :thumbsup: I'm incredibly sorry to whoever it was that I bumped into a spin at T1. :redface: I wasn't sure who it was so I put myself into last place as punishment. From there I had some excellent battles on my way up through the field with various people. All were great fun, really enjoyed myself. Great race, thanks to all who attended. :cool:

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. BBKing212

BBKing212
    Premium

Ratings:
    +317
    I've checked the reply (not the whole one). You had three racing incidents (touch) nothing more and on one occasion you also touched someone.

It is racing, it happens. It is not that someone rammed you on purpose or something similar.

• Agree Agree x 3
  13. Sasha Jednak

Sasha Jednak
    Premium

Ratings:
    +914
    Nice racing everyone, as for me I don't know where that pace came from (enough for 2nd after few top guys retired/had problems). I drove one race yesterday against AI, and I finished with 40lit fuel starting with 110. It was weird as consumption was much lower than game was predicting. So maybe less fuel also gave me some advantage??
    R: I was afraid not to mess up turn 1 in race (starting 5th), but Radoslaw with flying start helped from 7th. As he flew past I decided to go around outside of him in T1. Something happened on his right side so he had to go all the way off track and I just followed his left rear. :roflmao: From there I calmed to the end of lap 1. Then started getting positions back. So I managed to overtake Daniel (I think) and went for Archi and Radoslaw who were fighting ahead. That fight helped a lot to close up and overtake Radoslaw and later with pitting lap earlier we both overtook Archi. After that it was lonely race as Stephen was long way ahead (congrats :thumbsup:), while I managed to pull a gap to Radoslaw behind. But I usually mess up when there is nobody in viewing distance ahead so at least I didn't do it this time. To bad I didn't start recording, I'll need to review the replay.

• Like Like x 5
    • Beer Beer x 1
  14. Erik Axelsson

Erik Axelsson
    Premium

Ratings:
    +14
    Great race everyone! From second to last in first corner and finished in 4th. I guess I'm happy with that :)

I made small contact with you on second lap. I looked at the replay and I went into your raceline during the overtake. That was my fault, I'm sorry. During the race I experienced it differently.

That might have been me in the first corner ;) Anyway, we had a great battle later on. That was good training for me as I need to get more comfortable driving close to others.

• Like Like x 3
    • Beer Beer x 2
  15. Jean Pierre Vitabar

Jean Pierre Vitabar
    Premium

Ratings:
    +9

16. Jean Pierre Vitabar

Jean Pierre Vitabar
    Premium

Ratings:
    +9
    apologies accepted

• Like Like x 1
    • Haha Haha x 1
  17. DrSayers

DrSayers
    Premium

Ratings:
    +46
    Well, served me right for not Setting up a pitstop, ah well. Nice that I had the pace for 3rd place in Qualy, and barring my touch on the grass, i was keeping pace with leader. I'll do another, a bit more prepared haha
    Cheers guys :)

• Like Like x 3
    • Beer Beer x 1
  18. balage06

balage06
    Premium

Ratings:
    +264
    I think we touched in the last corner as well, but I was already alongside you (and slightly ahead) and left you as much room as possible, so I hope that doesn't count as a "hit" from my side.

• Beer Beer x 1
  19. Kenny Paton

Kenny Paton
    Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +5,522
    On the plus side my pit stop worked flawlessly and I managed the 40 minutes. (paying for it this morning) As usual @Calvyn White's set up worked beautifully and gave me a stable race.
    I had a drive through penalty which when I served it crew chief told me I hadn't, but when I went back in again I had.
    Apart from that I was irrelevant to the race and just tried to be consistent.
    Congrats to the podium and commiserations to the runners who had connection or other problems.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Ross Garland

Ross Garland
    Spiritseer Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +4,007
    Ah, I thought it might have been since you were very fast but at the back of the pack. Sorry again. But yeah, our battle was a lot of fun! That's what racing is all about. :thumbsup:

• Beer Beer x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.