RaceRoom Racing Experience Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well the first race was kind of dull for me. I couldn't catch @Jopamir in front of me and the race ended before @FeltHat could catch me so I was by myself most of the time.

Second race was much more interesting, battling @Piotr Dul and @FeltHat various time throughout the race. I could say I battled @Calvyn White too but in reality he blew by me so fast there wasn't any battle involved.:(

My second race if anyone's interested.

Quite a surprise (and doubly so when the results showed up :p), especially given how meh the first race was for me (the usual spin on the first lap followed by most of the field getting away from me for the majority of the race), but like I said, I guess everyone else crashed and I somehow managed to hold on.

Thanks for the race!

Well that was a night of stupid results, and have no idea about the last mysterious 1.30.00 penalty..:confused: Do we normally run with drive through penalties?? thought we stopped that for this sort of reason, I understand Cal's one, was a big cut and gained 2 places, where's as mine I took the slow route came back on track with actually a bigger gap than when I left the track and still get's a drive through, and finished 4th only to get put to the back of the grid..:( R2 finished 2nd with no penalties and ends up being put to 7th for some reason with the mysterious one..oh well congrats to the podiums and some good racing in the 2nd race with JP..

Do we normally run with drive through penalties??
Yes we do, have done for a long time now. Cutting was getting stupid, slow down penalties are dumb, dangerous and easily "fudged" to avoid any real loss of position, so drive-through penalties were introduced. No system is perfect, but R3E probably has the best cut detection system out there at the moment, which is why our club has the cleanest drivers. :)

But the slow down was improved wasn't it? also the drive through fails as well if you do the right thing, if Cal wasn't given the drive through instantly I'm pretty sure he would of given the places back, as for mine I just got penalized twice for doing the correct thing.

Problems with the current system have been few and far between, and it's a fantastic deterrent to the crap driving we see elsewhere. It seems Monza may be a slight issue but we don't use the track often anyway. We're not going back to the silly slow downs, sorry. :)

Ross sorry dude but surely this should be a long race, just my opinion..
You know what they say about opinions. Others have complained about 40 minutes being too long recently too. :D

Seriously though, it's just for variety over "realism." Some don't like long races so end up never racing certain classes. This is for them, not a permanent format change. It's also why I rotated the WTCRs over the last couple of weeks from their usual Tuesday spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 87 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 123 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 170 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 331 28.1%