GTR 1 - FIA GT Racing Game

N

niceone0267

• niceone0267

I bought the GTR FIA GT first version. The game runs ok when in practice mode but when I launch challenge mode it crashes. I downloaded the updates and It still crashes. Also I can't select other cars and it won't save my steering set ups. Every time a start a race I have to re-enter the settings for my controller. Can someone help? thanks

• niceone0267

no windows xp. my video card is geforce 6600 le 256mb. my pc has 1024 mb of memory and i have pentium dual processor at 3000mhz.

• leobp

is the simbin lobby on line for the gtr1 game off?

Could someone say what´s happening on simbin server for the gtr1 game? I can´t lobby the racestation... the message is always "could not connect to the server"...

thanks

Leonardo

• leobp

since one month ago perhaps, but before I played everyday on lobby... I sent mails to lots of sites, foruns, simbin, but noone answer or have na explanation about it...

thanks for your interesting because I´m from Brazil and here the dealer here (moving editor) also doesn´t know what´s happening because they don´t sale more the game...

we keep contact

Leonardo

Hi Leonardo.

Have you installed a 3rd party app like a new firewall or set up a new internet connection recently?

In other words, did you change anything to your computer that might be the cause of your problem?

GTR 1 isn't very played any more since GTR 2 came out, so it might be difficult to know if the problem is only for you or if the lobby is completely down.

As a general remark, what I can find on the web is a part of the GTR .plr file that gives info on ports that have to be open to be able to race online:

Client Port Start="34297" // Start port at which client looks for host games, range is 1025 - 65535
Host Port Start="34297" // Start port at which host games begin, range is 1025 - 65535

So make sure you have that range of ports open in your firewall / router settings: from 1025 to 65535

Also, have a go at trying to disable your firewall to see if it changes anything.

• leobp

gtr game lobby is on again

everybody thanks for the interesting... early morning Simbin reply my mail and they fixed the lobby... I have tested yet...

see u on track

Leonardo

Hi folks. I have a similar problem with GTR2 too. When i'm in the game, i loose lobby connection every few seconds or minutes, then re-connecting and loosing again. Also, when i join a race, it takes a short time and i'm out. I even switched off my firewall, but the problem still exists. It maybe takes a little longer time, but nevertheless i'm out. I uninstalled the game, installed it again, but it didn't help. I'm very sad about that i can't play it.

Yesterday, i installed the lobby-fix-patch, and had a complete evening without loosing connection.
So it seems, that it works.
Now, i have only several servers, which i can't join,because of modified tracks, and several servers where i get kicked, and it seems this depends on car-mods or wrong cars on server installed.

additional question:
Is/are there any further game-update patch/-es?

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 344 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 236 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 233 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 175 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 296 13.4%