GTR 1 - FIA GT Racing Game

I have a question about GTR 1.

Are there any mod/addon sites for GTR 1? (tracks and cars i mean)

I had a hunt around but couldn't find any.

I already have GTR Evo and rFactor but thought I would dig up my old copy of GTR and install it on Vista (yes it can be done - there is a patch for GT Legends that also works on GTR that lets the licensing system work).

Thx in advance,

FerrariMan96

Many of you may have fond memories of GTR from quite some time ago. Feeling nostalgic? (obviously not since nobody has posted here since 2010 :p )

Yesterday an old SimBin title silently appeared on Steam.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/44600/

According to at least one post currently on the Steam discussion forum, this title works in Windows 7 64bit. So the original DRM may have been updated or removed in favour of Steam's own DRM. Hopefully some GTR diehards will weigh in on the issue and report back in this thread.

Of course you could just go get it on RaceRoom, but having options is appreciated and being available from both Steam and RaceRoom will hopefully result in more popularity. Perhaps even a gateway to interest in other SimBin titles as well. Not that RD hosts GTR1 races anymore.. but you know what I mean, it is nice to have more people interested in racing sims like this.

I would be somewhat interested to know how many sales this sees on Steam.

Announce GTR 3 and just sell us GTR 1 again. I mean this is an untouched eight years old game that was obsolete the moment GTR 2 was released and is now a nice classic for on the shelf but thats about it.

Asking 15 euros for this is absurd. I bought GTR (my second copy) and GTL as one package for 6GBP. I wish SimBin all the best but anybody paying 15 euros for this old game is insane. Stop milking your fans SimBin and GET REAL. :cool:

Well, you would hope that during the next steam sale the price would drop. IIRC it is not exactly cheap on raceroom either. :/

And I agree Rupe, you should be able to get a free digital version if you have the original retail version like with GTL.

Are you listening SimBin? Not likely. :/

Silly price for such an obsolete game, and no perks for people with the original game on disc, shame.

Hopefully this means GTL will show up there as well, would like to have that one on Steam.

I tried the GTL demo and W7 blocked it's full installation, I then couldn't start my PC, I thought I was cactus, but I did a safe mode restart and it was ok....I assume that was the dreaded starforce in action, so I wonder if all that junks been removed on these digital versions...

Ive just built a cheap pc from all the parts i had left spare after 2 upgrades...
ive installed win xp
so now ive got hassle free racing ,,, gtr gtr2 gtl and gpl ... im going to give it to my father
just need to find a cheap wheel for him... maybe give him my g25 and look for a new wheel myself, but i like my g25 more than the feel g27 so it might be a DFGT for him... its good enough for the price..even better second hand
you cant beat cheap sim racing :)

He has been using my xbox and ms wheel and forza 3 on his 60'' plasma (that way he didnt need his classes)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 74 12.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 53 8.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 63 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 36 6.0%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 90 14.9%