RaceRoom Racing Experience Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all, new to this forum and sim racing and wanted to introduce myself. Hi, I'm Steve from Ohio (Go Bucks!). Haven't been sim racing long as the FFB wants to rip my arms from their sockets and I now realize how out of shape I am. I consider myself an amateur, so if you see me in the race, do your best to avoid me or I might accidentally chromehorn you. Kidding. Still trying to perfect my sim setup since there is not a lot of room in a one bedroom apt. I'm running a Fanatec v2.5 CSW Base with Formula Carbon Wheel, Fanatec V3 Pedals, a NextLevel Racing Wheel stand with Staples chair on rollers, and a 46" tv (living in the one bedroom apt explains this). Hoping to upgrade to a better setup in the future. Looking forward to getting on the track with you all.

Put me down for the #3 Audi, please (subject to change if I get annoyed or someone else wants it).

Hey all, new to this forum and sim racing and wanted to introduce myself. Hi, I'm Steve from Ohio (Go Bucks!). Haven't been sim racing long as the FFB wants to rip my arms from their sockets and I now realize how out of shape I am. I consider myself an amateur, so if you see me in the race, do your best to avoid me or I might accidentally chromehorn you. Kidding. Still trying to perfect my sim setup since there is not a lot of room in a one bedroom apt. I'm running a Fanatec v2.5 CSW Base with Formula Carbon Wheel, Fanatec V3 Pedals, a NextLevel Racing Wheel stand with Staples chair on rollers, and a 46" tv (living in the one bedroom apt explains this). Hoping to upgrade to a better setup in the future. Looking forward to getting on the track with you all.

Put me down for the #3 Audi, please (subject to change if I get annoyed or someone else wants it).
If Dan and KO lap you 5 times, don't worry. That's normal.

What did we miss?
GT3 race @ Hockenheim. Grid was about 25 or so at the start of a 30 minute race. After 2 laps half the field quit after they played wreckfest. I started midpack. Got smashed into from every direction first lap. Was dead last after 3 laps and worked my way back to 9th a minute behind Mr. Bock.

Looks like server update crashed the RD server
In Please, Nissan #57
Assuming I can get in the server. I will start at 5pm my time and hope that I make it before the crowds start to make it impossible to connect:confused:
Okay, I'm annoyed with the Audi. Mustang #17, please.

Is there a trick to getting into the server? I went into Multiplayer and typed in the Server Name and nothing is coming up.
Server should be back up and running for your racing enjoyment, sans the Audi

Greg, .....
I did some testing offline, after my dq.
I had my autopit set to on. I think on the start or the 2nd lap, I was trying to pass on the inside and the car in front of me closed the gap. Instead of running into him, I kinda went into the pit exit lane. I might have had the whole car in there, just for an instant.
Anyway, I didn't think much of it as we didn't have any contact. But a couple of laps later I saw a "drive thru this lap or dq" lettering on the dash so I went into the pits. I don't remember ever seeing any other indication of a DT penalty.
Anyway, I went into the pits with auto pit on, the car went and pitted and got 5liters of fuel, all automatically. That was the first time I went into the pits and I didn't know how to change what was going on. When the auto pit started the car and it headed for the track, it went across the S/F line and I got DQ'D.

Does R3E have penalty notifications? and where are they on the screen?
Does the pit options have a drive thru option? I couldn't find one, so how was I suppose to do a DTpenalty?
Is the server set to only "autopit"? If it is I think it may be impossible to do a DTpenalty. I'm going to turn my auto pit "off'.
Can we get a tech on the server to look at this?

If I don't get a response here, it is going to be on the next race signup thread, so somethings going to have to be resolved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 292 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 203 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 198 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 144 7.5%