RaceRoom Racing Experience Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gawd that race was frustrating! Fun, yes, but also frustrating.

I do not understand why the game has auto pit limiters but then after crossing the limit line chooses to accelerate above the speed limit and cause you to have a penalty. Grrrrr...

Since we started using the auto limiter and others started getting DT penalties I have always slowed well before the limit line just to avoid penalties, yet last night it happened twice in three laps.

I could have gotten by with one pit stop and done ok. Even two, considering I did not get fuel on my first stop, could have been ok. What killed me was two DT penalties not because I screwed up but because the game cornholed me.

I had a great time tossing that car around the track, just wish the AI had not chosen to go all wonky on me.

Cheers guys - I don't know my way around Mantorp and I suck at Portimao but the Zolder round could be an option ;)

I'm not super familiar with GT4 - it's the DTM cars in R3E that are my personal favourite

They hit the sweet spot between "fast-ish but forgiving" GT cars and "one lapse and you're in the wall" open-wheelers

Cheers guys - I don't know my way around Mantorp and I suck at Portimao but the Zolder round could be an option ;)

I'm not super familiar with GT4 - it's the DTM cars in R3E that are my personal favourite

They hit the sweet spot between "fast-ish but forgiving" GT cars and "one lapse and you're in the wall" open-wheelers

"Dooo it. Dooo it. Dooo it."

Just to give you an idea, I did my first race 3 weeks ago. I came last, about two laps down, but learnt a LOT just following the others around. 2nd (and 3rd races) last week, I came 20th and 14th (out of 29). I'd not raced either of the tracks before, but with an hour or two of practice you'll get there. And if you don't know the track 100% at the start of the race, you will know it much better by the end :)

Basically, I don't think there'll be a 'right time' or 'right track' to get started on. Just join in and have fun!

R3E_US_club.jpg
Welcome to the Americas R3E racing club where all skill levels are welcomed and encouraged to participate for a relaxed and friendly racing atmosphere.

We support good hard racing and just ask you to respect track limits, basic racing etiquette and most importantly, each other. Check out this short video explaining club rules.

All premium members can sign up for this event. Sign up below and make sure to tag fellow community members who you think are up for a challenge!

Club Racing Format
Tire Wear - 2x
Full Damage - On
Mandatory Pit Stop - No

Useful Links
Upgrade Membership
Racing Club Rules
Teamspeak Installation Guide
Crew Chief
Passwords for Server and Teamspeak
Tips, How To's and Add ons
Car Setups
Incident Reporting

We highly recommend that you join us on TeamSpeak, and that you use Crew Chief as a spotter

Tuesday August 04, 2020

Server Name: RaceDepartment.com US Tues
Cars: GTR 4 / TCR '19
Track: Daytona - Road

Practice:
21:00 ET (30 minutes)
Qualifying: 21:30 ET (15 minutes)

Warmup : 21:45 ET (5 minutes)
Race: 21:50 ET (45 minutes)

Entry List - Max 30 slots

GTR 4
  1. joecronk
  2. brc19
  3. JACE323
  4. Open
  5. Open
TCR 2019
  1. Bound2Steel
  2. Wilko Jones
  3. 2112
  4. Open
  5. Open
  6. Open
UTP# 18

Server is OPEN for practice

Last edited:

I find AI in raceroom as best preparation for “real thing”=multiplayer. Take a few short races against AI and you are good to go with knowing the track. Then build up confidence as you race alongside others.

R3E_US_club.jpg
Welcome to the Americas R3E racing club where all skill levels are welcomed and encouraged to participate for a relaxed and friendly racing atmosphere.

We support good hard racing and just ask you to respect track limits, basic racing etiquette and most importantly, each other. Check out this short video explaining club rules.

All premium members can sign up for this event. Sign up below and make sure to tag fellow community members who you think are up for a challenge!

Club Racing Format
Tire Wear - 2x
Full Damage - On
Mandatory Pit Stop - No

Useful Links
Upgrade Membership
Racing Club Rules
Crew Chief
Car Setups
Incident Reporting

We highly recommend that you join us on TeamSpeak, and that you use Crew Chief as a spotter

Tuesday August 11, 2020

Cars: P2 / GTR 3

Practice:

P2
  1. SOLO59
  2. sc4dr
  3. Absurd1ty
  4. Feitd
  5. Open
  6. Open
GTR 3
  1. Wilko Jones
  2. brc19
  3. rustymoto
  4. ko41
  5. Open
  6. Open
UTP# 12

Last edited:
R3E_US_club.jpg

Club Racing Format
Tire Wear - 2x
Full Damage - On
Mandatory Pit Stop - No

Useful Links
Upgrade Membership
Racing Club Rules
Crew Chief
Car Setups
Incident Reporting

Tuesday August 18, 2020

Cars: P1 / GTE

Practice:

P1
  1. Wilko Jones
  2. Keith_G
  3. brc19
  4. Open
  5. Open
  6. Open
GTE
  1. Open
  2. Open
  3. Open
  4. Open
  5. Open
  6. Open
UTP# 6

Last edited:
R3E_US_club.jpg

Club Racing Format
Tire Wear - 2x
Full Damage - On
Mandatory Pit Stop - No

Useful Links
Upgrade Membership
Racing Club Rules
Crew Chief
Car Setups
Incident Reporting

Tuesday August 25, 2020

Cars: Gr C / GTO Classics

Practice:

Gr C
  1. Keith_G