RaceRoom Racing Experience Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
@David DeGreef Does the game penalize you for not taking any tyres? I didn't realise a tire change was required (I missed that message), I only took on fuel. I crossed the line in 8th but in the final time sheet I was 12th.

@David DeGreef Does the game penalize you for not taking any tyres? I didn't realise a tire change was required (I missed that message), I only took on fuel. I crossed the line in 8th but in the final time sheet I was 12th.

What satisfies a mandatory pit stop is a minimum of two tires. You may change all four, as well as adding fuel, but to meet the requirement two tires must be changed. Setting this up during warm up (or sooner if you have a good idea of your strategy) in the Presets is advisable as all you need to do then is a pit call during the race and then drive into the pits. When you do this you will see the presets in green and no further action is required. If they are not green you did not set up properly, but no worries you can still navigate to each and hit select/enter. Be sure to check out links in OP as there is plenty of good tips in there.

Thanks to all that participated in the race. I had a great time. I'm still getting over my fault of a pit-stop but that's on me. Hope to race with you all soon and good racing.
Larry

I feel the need to apologise to whoever drove the bright green and white car. I cut you off exiting the pits like a jerk in a moment of confusion over how putting works in R3E. I watched the replay and realize now how close that was. I almost caused an accident doing that and I am sorry.

What satisfies a mandatory pit stop is a minimum of two tires. You may change all four, as well as adding fuel, but to meet the requirement two tires must be changed.
Just to add to this (and this is mainly aimed at Raceroom newcomers), don't refuel if you can possibly avoid it.
Refueling in R3E takes forever, so you're much better off just filling the tank to the brim at race-start.
Also, while it is possible to change only two tires to satisfy the mandatory pitstop, it's not always a good idea.
If the car in question has TC it becomes a viable option; change the fronts and use TC to mitigate the wear on the rears.
Without TC (as some of you apparently found out tonight) it can make a car rather more lively than intended. :D

Well now that I understand the pit stop deal...looks like i had it backwards lol I planned to re fuel and not change tires...da.....And the pit crew did what they knew was right........ changing all four but not adding fuel. Caused my last lap departure.

I hope I didnt ruin R. L.'s race when I had that off at turn 5. I was trying to get the car pointed the right way, but the wheel stopped responding, and I sort of panicked. That was a bone headed re-entry on my part, and I should have brought the car to a full stop instead of trying to recover from a gravel trap.

Other than that, the race went better than I expected.

Also I am going to save setting up what the pit crew is going to do for when I am in the pits. Trying to set that up out on the circuit is upsetting. I wish R3E had a simpler way of selecting presets. Press the pit request button more than once to cycle through the 3 presets, or something?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 103 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 134 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 187 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline