RaceRoom Racing Experience Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
That was definitely something else. I should of spent more time testing setups for later in the race. The balance of my car started going away pretty quickly. Could not go near the brakes or throttle without it wanting to do a pirouette with about 20 mins left. Tried to stick it out but was just to scared so I pitted. Weird thing is according to the "tire data" from dashboard I should of had a real bad push. I think its time to just forget all about trying to figure out what the tires are doing in this game.
I know this is obvious by now, but once the fronts go they bite so you have to adjust. I am surprised I was able to make the entire race on one set and ended with 0% tire on my L front. What I did find out, though, was that once the tires got to about 20% they got a bit more grip for about two laps.

That was another fun race. I love these cars and that you really have to let them hang out to be fast. They are real easy (at least for me) to know just where your limit is. Step over that limit and they bite hard, just as it did to me twice in the same spot.

My first hit caused engine and suspension damage and I lost a lot of top speed which was noticeable as I tried to run down Soi. I could get a bit of time on him after my first hit but after the second I had no chance with bad tires and engine.

Honestly, I could race these cars for a year, on every track in R3E and not get tired of them.

Imagine these cars on Bilsterberg...

I know this is obvious by now, but once the fronts go they bite so you have to adjust. I am surprised I was able to make the entire race on one set and ended with 0% tire on my L front. What I did find out, though, was that once the tires got to about 20% they got a bit more grip for about two laps.

That was another fun race. I love these cars and that you really have to let them hang out to be fast. They are real easy (at least for me) to know just where your limit is. Step over that limit and they bite hard, just as it did to me twice in the same spot.

My first hit caused engine and suspension damage and I lost a lot of top speed which was noticeable as I tried to run down Soi. I could get a bit of time on him after my first hit but after the second I had no chance with bad tires and engine.

Honestly, I could race these cars for a year, on every track in R3E and not get tired of them.

Imagine these cars on Bilsterberg...
I got that now for sure. Which like I said was completely different then what I was expecting. Normally tires go and they lose bite and you're fighting for grip to turn in. Just gonna have to tighten up the rear more at the start so it comes to me later on.

Great race everyone!

@2112 I could see you taking huge chunks of time out of the gap early on, and then seeing flashes of blue going sideways in my mirror!!! Even with your damaged engine I was feeling the pressure the whole race. It was great.

@JACE323 you had a great start - when I was chasing you I really couldn't get as good exits out of T6, which made setting up a pass into the hairpin quite difficult. A shame you had balance issues, I wondered what had happened as you climbed the T1-T2 hill mid-race...In practice I occasionally run max tire wear and fuel consumption so I can really weigh-up the car and see how things could end up without having to wait 15-20 laps for the degradation to appear.

@sc4dr - I feel like I'm already going 'maximum attack' in these races, but I'll try to turn it up to '11' for next week...I'll be the guy with flatspots going backwards down the corkscrew :roflmao:

oh cool....just hopping off......been running laps for an hour or so , but ill check it out tomorrow , just so i can test everything. Setup my TS and joined that ok....dont want any last minute technical hitches on Saturday ;-)

is there a live timing or hotlaps leaderboard?
Raceroom has a leaderboard option which is useful to see what sort of lap times you can expect for a track (albeit with perfect unchanging tyres) which can be accessed via the Single Player menu and then just select desired config

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back