GTL with Windows 7

Guess what?

After months and months of fine tuning their brand spanking new OS to make it uber compatible with every known application on earth, Microsoft have gone and ballsed it all up again.

GTL will not install in windows 7, at all.

Setup runs fine, then when i go to reboot, 7 fails to load and it goes into auto repair mode which does a system restore to undo the installation.

I have read up and it seems this is an issue with starforce drivers not being compatible, i've tried removing them and updating them but it jsut says that there are no drivers installed.

Is anyone else running GTL on 7, or do they know of a solution to this issue? Just under a week until RDHGP kicks off, either starforce or MS better get writing some patches!!!!

Thanks in advance,
Tom

Luke:

I also sent you a couple PMs with an alternative. I'm not sure if you got them as mail notification has to be enabled in your profile. Take a look and all is explained. And yes, the other links are fixed again as I had to remove the the files off my server temporarily to send someone some files.

Here's another problem for you guys to get your teeth into! :confused:

I've got GTL installed on Win 7 64-bit and it's all updated/patched and working fine . . . apart from when I put in the 'all cars/tracks and money' patch.

When I choose a car in the game in single player it's fine, however, when I try and go online it always chooses the same car 'BMW 2800CS' regardless of what I've asked for or what the server specifies. If I delete the BMW 2800CS folder it just moves to a Capri and won't change. After this has happened I get the same problem in single player. It's not until I delete the 'all cars/tracks and money' patch that it starts to work again.

The game works perfectly apart from this. It prevents me from even driving a single practice lap before I go online, which makes it difficult, especially if I don't know a track or have never driven the car involved.

Has anyone else had this issue? I've read just a couple of threads on the web (all I could find) with a similar problem, but none offer any kind of solution.
With that, I believe it only works properly if you

a) remove your player profile, backing it up somewhere safe
b) install the money/cars patch thing, then
c) create a new driver profile, which will have the money/cars/fame/yacht. You can use the same name as your old one as long as you've removed that old one from the game folders.
d) edit your "new" profile with the data from the "old", backed up one.

I'm pretty sure it goes wonky if you try to use the unlock all on an existing profile.

Yeah, you have to start a new profile for the money cheat to work, but as far as I know it acts normally as if you never added it if you don't. But than again, maybe this is unique to WIN7? Worth a shot anyways.

As Stuart says, back up your user data and start a profile AFTER the money cheat and after just overwrite it again. Can't hurt to try and it'd rule this out if it acts the same after.

We've had that same issue before with some of our drivers - being forced into the wrong car - and creating a new driver profile cleared it up.

Maybe it's a happy confluence of the same remedy fixing two different malaises.

Hi there. I'm having a problem with running GTL. I did all the steps listed in the sticky thread on getting GTL to work in Win 7 but it won't work. I get to the part for GTL_Light but I can't find a file called "decompress.bat" and when I click the GTL.exe to run, it doesn't launch (illegal operation). I've tried just installing GTL and then applying the patch and then restarting the PC like its supposed to but when my machine restarts, I'm taken to the Startup Repair setup and then it finds the problem (which seems to be a Starforce driver), removes it and it restarts with no Starforce drivers installed and I go through the same process again when I click on the GTL.exe.

So if I buy this it will 100% sure work with Windows 7 and I will have no problems with online racing or any other issues?

Because I now have the original gt legends dvd, but it has the known problems with windows 7.

I also tried the advice that has been given here: http://www.racedepartment.com/gt-legends/46482-gtl-windows-7-a.html

But when I do this and put back the uidata file the game won't launch anymore. When I keep the UI data file it works, but when I put back the original it will not lauch anymore.

Peter, I can't answer your questions, not sure of those things, but you should be able to run GTL using an installation from your original DVD. I am successfully running mine from the DVD.

I've PM'd you with my installation procedure.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 103 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 145 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 274 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 400 40.0%