GTL with Windows 7

Guess what?

After months and months of fine tuning their brand spanking new OS to make it uber compatible with every known application on earth, Microsoft have gone and ballsed it all up again.

GTL will not install in windows 7, at all.

Setup runs fine, then when i go to reboot, 7 fails to load and it goes into auto repair mode which does a system restore to undo the installation.

I have read up and it seems this is an issue with starforce drivers not being compatible, i've tried removing them and updating them but it jsut says that there are no drivers installed.

Is anyone else running GTL on 7, or do they know of a solution to this issue? Just under a week until RDHGP kicks off, either starforce or MS better get writing some patches!!!!

Thanks in advance,
Tom

Well, i'm affraid i'm doing something wrong so please help me

after downloading GTL_Light i'm unpacking it and copying into GTL folder (there is no install option)

i have no decompress.bat file either in GTL Folders or whole computer

This is interesting thing, the tutorial described here isnt working and is very complicated and bad to use....
I would rewrite it to this form, its as fast as easy

Ondrej Kapal said:
I used this:
first, save your current UIDATA somewhere else....
then download this file http://petrolmania.co.uk/files/gtl.7z
now put everything from the ZIP file to your GTL install dir folder, overwrite everything and use DECOMPRESS.BAT file
wait until done
then try if the game is running, if so, get back your saved UIDATA and rewrite those in GTL folder
this should work even with StarForce installed (I did it so)

overall:
NOTE: DONT START THE GAME UNTIL YOU ARE DONE WITH THIS PROCEDURE, YOU WILL AVOID INSTALLING STARFORCE
1. install GTL
2. install patch
3. save your UIData
4. download http://petrolmania.co.uk/files/gtl.7z
5. put everything from ZIP file to your install folder of GTL and overwrite everything
6. start DECOMPRESS.BAT and wait until done
7. copy back UIData and overwrite everything
8. play!

This works even if you start the game and install the StarForce.... no need to uninstall it or to delete any register

This is interesting thing, the tutorial described here isnt working and is very complicated and bad to use....
I would rewrite it to this form, its as fast as easy

overall:
NOTE: DONT START THE GAME UNTIL YOU ARE DONE WITH THIS PROCEDURE, YOU WILL AVOID INSTALLING STARFORCE
1. install GTL
2. install patch
3. save your UIData
4. download http://petrolmania.co.uk/files/gtl.7z
5. put everything from ZIP file to your install folder of GTL and overwrite everything
6. start DECOMPRESS.BAT and wait until done
7. copy back UIData and overwrite everything
8. play!

This works even if you start the game and install the StarForce.... no need to uninstall it or to delete any register

Well it almost worked...only thing is when you start the game after the intro the screen turns black (menu music in background).
Any suggestions? I already tried to change resolution settings in the config.file but without any result.

pdr
yes I felt this issue also, the problem is with the step n°7. - when you copy back the UIData, there is one file which causes this... To make it works delete in UIData folder "legal.bmp" + "gtlui.mnu" (not sure which one is that but you wont damage anything if you will do that for both of them) and replace them with those from the ZIP folder in step n°4

More info... nothing happens as in it just flat out doesn't do anything, or you get the black screen like described above?

It just flat out does nothing... The little hourglass/spiral just turns for about 5 seconds and then nothing. I've tried so many things that i think I may just start over and try again..

And by the way, all the petrolmania links are down.. it looks like the site is no more...

Here's another problem for you guys to get your teeth into! :confused:

I've got GTL installed on Win 7 64-bit and it's all updated/patched and working fine . . . apart from when I put in the 'all cars/tracks and money' patch.

When I choose a car in the game in single player it's fine, however, when I try and go online it always chooses the same car 'BMW 2800CS' regardless of what I've asked for or what the server specifies. If I delete the BMW 2800CS folder it just moves to a Capri and won't change. After this has happened I get the same problem in single player. It's not until I delete the 'all cars/tracks and money' patch that it starts to work again.

The game works perfectly apart from this. It prevents me from even driving a single practice lap before I go online, which makes it difficult, especially if I don't know a track or have never driven the car involved.

Has anyone else had this issue? I've read just a couple of threads on the web (all I could find) with a similar problem, but none offer any kind of solution.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back