GTL Troubleshooting Thread

Jack Smith Warren Dawes
What exactly were the differences between your installs?

Not easy to concisely explain everything we did to get Jack going, but in brief:
1. Deleted his Profile folder, and removed all files in the Hat and Results Folders.
2. Jack launched GTL and created a new Profile (Jack Smith 1) from scratch. That included all Settings, Options, etc from new, NOT copying any older Profile info (files) across.
3. He set up his Controller and approx Option settings.
4. He was able to launch a few default cars without problem.
5. When he chose the Jag 4.2, it crashed again as per his usual problem.
6. We removed all of his previously installed Jag Mod files and he re-installed the mod from one of his recent downloads. It worked off-line, and then worked on-line in the RD Server. We tested it several times without issue.

Here is the weird part and the differences we noted between our games.
1. In the Menu screen to choose a Jag 4.2 from the list of liveries, Jack can select any skin and drive it. I have to buy a skin first before I can choose it. Jack says he believes that happens with all mods he installs. Strangely, I almost always have to buy the car.

Are there different "cheat" cracks available to unlock everything? Jack did have to juggle profiles previously to get the "unlocks" to work, but I unlocked my game before creating profiles. I'm a bit suspicious that this "Unlock" might be contributing to the problems.

2. In the Games Options menus, under Sound, Jack can't adjust the settings for "Other Car Volume" and "Player Car Volume", but I can. In Jacks screen, those two settings are in Black and non adjustable. All other Sound options can be changed though. May not be relevant to Jack's problem, but seems strange to me that we are different. We are both using the Digital install in Win 7 when comparing these.

Hope this helps, but the strange differences make us both a tad edgy that all is totally solved.

EDIT: It would be great to know what others have, especially the need to buy (or not) cars.

EDIT2: One more I forgot. Jack had his GTL set to run under Win XP Compatability mode, we turned that off first, so it could run normally under Win 7. Doubt that had much to do with it though.

Thats the one i use also,I always have to buy a car before i can use it.
install the game drop in that file and then make a profile,(Then take a copy of my profile and put it in a safe place)
I also always try/use the car offline before i go online,
i never just install a number of mods in one go, install try and install one at a time. I unpack any mods to the file on my desktop (GTL unpacked) and then copy to my game folder

Hmm - yeah, that sounds a bit weird.

For me, with the cheat, when I install it and create a new profile, all cars currently installed at that point become purchased, but any subsequent new installed cars do still need to be purchased. I always have the cheat in place before creating profiles - it doesn't work properly if done the other way round.

For instance - I created a new profile over the weekend to test out skins etc. called "Skin Test Man" (a bit Dances With Wolves, I know). When I did that, ALL cars I had installed became purchsed, even the mods.

But upon installing some new cars after that, they were showing in the Car Dealer, not My Garage, and I had to buy models as normal.

The only cheat I use is this one: http://www.nogripracing.com/details.php?filenr=788

Same cheats as Thommo and all here too.

As for the sound, you can only adjust "Other Car Volume" and "Player Car Volume" before you get into a track. Once your at a track, those two are locked out.

Just wondering Jack Smith, did this start happening after you added the triple screen? If so, did you try it with a single screen?

As for the sound, you can only adjust "Other Car Volume" and "Player Car Volume" before you get into a track. Once your at a track, those two are locked out.

This is now true for me as well. I just went to Options before on track and they were adjustable which helps in the fact that things are closer to normal, but I must admit each time I try to load a track now I get a sinking feeling in my stomach....the old stimulus and response trick. I guess I was on track when Warren and I tried to make the sound changes.

As for triple display....it has not happened as yet due to the old back order trick. The adapter is suppose to be here today but no word as yet so I still am using the two display set to Duplicate.

As for the buying of cars????? How come I never had to purchase the 4.2 mod? As a way of just testing any suggestions of a mod to download that I can install and see if I need to purchase it? Right now it is a clean install plus the track and cars for today's event.

I believe that I am using the same unlock file dated 12/1/2005.

where did you get that file from Jack to unklock the game..
Maybe better to use the one that Knut provided than we know were on the same unlock
Edit..Now is see the date you typed..
http://www.nogripracing.com/details.php?filenr=788

And then state im using the file that Knut suggested in his link then we know .. With this unlock you will have to purchase all the cars from now on so any mod will do. unless there are free cars in the mod. the reason maybe you didnt have to purchase the the 4.2 mod is the fact you installed it before you unlocked the game...

Just installed the Boss and I had to purchase it so that seems normal.

Noticing one thing that is puzzling...my speed indicator in the Options..Game... section is set to KPH but in game all the cars have their speed dials displayed in MPH. same in the HUD display also.
Is this another one of those peculiar differences poppping up or is this just a display item which can be tinkered with in the plr file?

I see in the plr file under Game Options the Speed Units="0" // 0 = MPH, 1 = KPH so it is not changing for me I in the plr when I make the ingame selection. Is that normal?

Just installed the Boss and I had to purchase it so that seems normal.

Noticing one thing that is puzzling...my speed indicator in the Options..Game... section is set to KPH but in game all the cars have their speed dials displayed in MPH. same in the HUD display also.
Is this another one of those peculiar differences poppping up or is this just a display item which can be tinkered with in the plr file?
I think the km/h and mph thing varies from car to car. If you try the abarth, I assume it will be km/h, but British and American cars are usually mph.

Well for me it is does not change in the Hud. It stays in KPH in the HUD for the Abarth in this case after switching to MPH. It does change in the garage but not on track for me. I assume it does change for others so I am still a little concerned about game stablity.

if i'm sat in the Abarth the hud reads KPH and my car dails are KPH and in my garage gearing (setup page) it states mph when my values are set to MPH in options
If I change it to KPH(in the option page) the only thing that changes is in the garage gearing (setup page) it is in KPH.
if I chose a different car(mustang) the dials can change and the hud depending on the car but the garage gearing is always the same as what it states in the options ... i have my hud visible inside my cockpit..(changed the option in my plr files...)
Jack stop panicking.....:)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back