GTL Registration Fix

Ramon van Rijn

RaceDepartment Co-Founder
Premium
I made a fix for registration of new online drivers also.
Warren pointed to me this was still not working.

I also found where in the code the referral to the old domains are, so might be able to work together with SB on a fix.

The fix is basicly the same as the normal fix but it uses domain www.gtl-server2.net as domain name with the same ip address. This domain is used for registration of new drivers.

Manually adding "81.3.59.61 www.gtl-server2.net" to the hosts file does the trick or use the attached cmd file.

I have informed SimBin about a GTL fix i can create if they decide on a new domain. It will be a proper fix without hosts file tricks :)

Attachments

• FixGTLRegister.rar
    189 bytes · Views: 317
That Ramon feller - he's different class on and off the track :good:

You should have seen me in the PCC at Mid Ohio yesterday. Normally I mis-shift about 2-6 times in a race (h-shifting that is). But now it was about 6 times a lap.
So my result was going off track, then spun the car and stalled it (auto-clutch off), then accelerated too much on the curbs ending myself kissing the wall. At least I finished the race.

But indeed the Mini's are sweet :), I think I am back on earth now. The trip to Mars was nice tho :)

Unable to Register - Cannot Connect to Server

Based on the comments above, it sounds like the servers may be offline and that is why I cannot register for online play. I am a new member and I have never registered. I tried your fix. No luck so far. I get the failed server connection message.

• Bert Van Waes

As i reinstalled the game, it seems i need to register again...

So with a fresh install, i first install the cmd from Ramon back in July called "gtlfix", and then i install this one here "gtlregister". That all?
Because i did that and it's impossible to connect to the server according to GTL...

• Bert Van Waes

Ok tx Stuart.

So think with me. The two "broken" fixes from Ramon, i installed them. What do they do and do they go in GTL itself? those little cmd's.

I am asking this because if i want to install the anti-deco, what do i need to do now, uninstall the whole gtl first, or can i find the patches, cmds somewhere on my pc and delete them from there?
Because in some of those thread i also could read the two don't work together. So if i would install the anti-deco now, it won't work. At least, that's what i got from reading all of it...

EDIT: oh yeah, in step 3 of the link it says you need to give in yr normal username and password. But if you can't register, there's no password. :s

Ramon's fixes affect the "hosts" file, but the anti-deco will overwrite them anyway, but if you want to manually fix it, go to the hosts file and remove all references to GTL.

Install the anti deco, run GTL from the Anti deco icon (that bit is important), anti-deco will overwrite the hosts file.

As for usernames and passwords you can just add them into your player file manually.

in the [ Multiplayer Options ] section, at the bottom just add the lines

Online UserName="[type your username here]"
Online Password="[type your password here]"

Yes - that works - I just manually added a totally made up user name and password to my plr file, and as long as I had the right ip and server password, I connected fine. :good:

I logged in as Jackie Bollocks, if you must know :D

even if I did, it doesn't matter - the user name and password aren't what show in the game, it's the username of the plr file. Even though I logged in as J. Bollocks, I was showing as S. Thomson in game.

The username and password are just for validation on the SimBin (or whatever) lobby, you don't need validation for LAN or Direct ip games, but you do need something in there to progress to the server password screen.

• Bert Van Waes

No games available... And i tested everything the link says i should test. Is the Ip adress you pm'd me yesterday still the same?

I see nothing in the lobby. Only black text "no games available"

Am i the only one inhere with this problem of the old league racers?

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 96 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 175 14.1%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 351 28.3%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 485 39.0%