GTL Racing Club This Week / 25

OverTake.gg

Administrator
Staff

Its Endurance week and another spectacular series event racing through a street circuit.

This week we start off on Tuesday with a trip to Leipziger Stadtparkrennen a track that will require great skill and paitence in navigating your way through the street of Leipzig, Let take a trip round the circuit You start on a wide highway and drive to the section "Kurve der Jugend". After a left turn you see on the left side the city park and on the right side the downtown from Leipzig. On the end of this straight you've the section "Erich-Zeigner-Kurve", you see on the right side the memorial of "Clara Zetkin". Now you are on the "Anton-Bruckner-Allee", a long straight interrupt from two islands with a pond and a flower-beds. On this long straight you drive the first time across the river "Elster-Flutbett". After the second island you've the section "Werner-Seelenbinder-Kurve". A left turn on a small park road "Nonnenweg" through the "Clara-Zetkin-Park". On this straight in front of the section "Kurve der Freiheit" you get the top speed of the circuit. On the end of the park road you drive through the section "Wald-Kurve", a really tricky section. ;-) Now you drive the second time across the river "Elster-Flutbett" and also the river "Pleisse". After the bridge you have on the left side the horse racing track "Scheibenholz". The last long left turn to start/finish is section "Ziel-Kurve". Do you think you have what it takes to survive the track in a VW Scirocco.

Details of the event can be found here

Now we roll on to the Endurance event on Thursday. It BIG, its loud, VERY LOUD and it has POWER. it has to be the MERCURY COUGER Can you hear the ROAR.. I can. We take a drive or slide which every takes your fancy, round full circuit of Watkins Glen. The drivers have been out testing already and we have seen some pretty impressive times being posted. but will they be able to hold it together for the full 36 laps including at least 2 pit stops for fuel and tyres. Watkins Glen International (nicknamed "The Glen") is an auto race track located near Watkins Glen, New York at the southern tip of Seneca Lake owned by International Speedway Corporation. It was long known around the world as the home of the United States Grand Prix, which it hosted for 20 consecutive years (1961–1980), but it has been home to road racing of nearly every class for over 50 years.

Full details of the Endurance event can be found here . But with only 3 place left to fill up the 36 slots don't hang around it going to be EPIC

GT Legends is a sports car racing simulator developed by Simbin for the PC. It is based on the 2005 FIA Historic Racing Championships for GTC and TC cars of the 1960s and 1970s but supports an extensive range of modding making this classic game a must have for online racing fans. Check out our GT Legends forum for ongoing support, mods and quality online racing with gentleman driving standards

You can also see what other great events RaceDepartment has to offer at a glance on our calendar found here.
View the Post on the Blog

I'[ve changed my routine and plans just to be there for both ! The weekly VW Races are awesome - great car, great tracks, great racing, great people - The Mercury Cougar falls into the category of 'not at all my cup of tea'.... usually but I had a go in one and was hooked within 3 or 4 laps to the inside wheel lifting, tail sliding powering through bends, amazing sounding beastie - especially the feeling and view you get inside the car as it lifts an inside front wheel off the ground - awesome !!!

Full again already - but Mr Rupe has added 4 reserve spots in case we get any more drop outs - this is gonna be a fun event - hope everyone remembers cold tyres and brakes and 36 very heavy cars are gonna mean early braking and care through T1 at Watkins - bet its gonna sound amazing when were all on the grid at race start!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 377 16.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 257 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 247 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 304 13.1%