GTL Racing Club This Week / 24

OverTake.gg

Administrator
Staff
Looks like GT Legends has never been so popular. This week we have Round 2 of the Scirocco series, and another new mod the Chevrolet Monza.

Round 2 takes us to the Nurburgring GP track on Tuesday for 12 laps of fun in these FWD rocket ships, Round 1 saw a few surprises round the street course Halle-Saale. A strong drive from Antonio Tavares sees him take the lead in the series closely followed by Roland Warmenhoven race 2 winner, and Jacob Boonstra. New this season is the introduction of points with a potential 60 points up for grabs at every round, consistency is the key to doing well in this series. Event details can be found here.

On Thursday we have a new mod to try the Chevrolet Monza and where better to unleash this power house of a car but round Kyalami and the Oesterreichring. the last time we drove there we had a blast in the BMW 2002tti and this has the feel to be the same. the Chevy Monza also known as the DeKon was a successful and recognized race car builder, winning IMSA championships in 1976 and 1977. Chevrolet had a great deal to do with the design of the DeKon chassis. General Motors first venture with CAD drawings was with the DeKon Monza. In late 1974, DeKon received all of the Monza chassis as complete cars and reconstructed them as customers ordered them.
GM built the H07 body Monza from 1975-80, and it has enjoyed a great run of success in road racing and many other forms of auto racing. The cars were designed by Horst Kwech of Ausca Racing and Lee Dykstra and used to combat the highly successful Porsches in IMSA competition. The car's lightweight, high horsepower combination was a formidable competitor in IMSA and other racing series. The DeKon Monza of Al Holbert won the IMSA GT Championship in 1976 and 1977. This car has race pedigree can we do it justice, only time will tell. Event details can be found here

GT Legends is a sports car racing simulator developed by Simbin for the PC. It is based on the 2005 FIA Historic Racing Championships for GTC and TC cars of the 1960s and 1970s but supports an extensive range of modding making this classic game a must have for online racing fans. Check out our GT Legends forum for ongoing support, mods and quality online racing with gentleman driving standards

You can also see what other great events RaceDepartment has to offer at a glance on our calendar found here.
View the Post on the Blog

I cant see the fascination with the track, It leads to lonely racing and lots of crashes,
Great when you on your own but for me it not good for multilayer. If you look at how many people actually finish the races it usually less than half the field with apologies being made for knocking somebody of track. I don't even know if there is a legal version for GTL:) ...
So for me its a track we wont use..
maybe a time trial event but that it.

Its a fantastic track Rupe, because its so hard to overtake you will get groups of cars involved in very close racing, and I dont think there are that many crashes usually. Even if you are lonely its still great because its such an awesome track to just drive. You should do some laps in GTR evo, im sure you will fall in love once you get to know the track

There is no doubt its a great track, :)
But for club events it can cause problems,
We try to pick tracks that you can turn up on the night and be able to drive after 20 mins of practice,
It takes a long time to get to know the track which can put allot of people off entering the event ,
The Endurance races we run are on tracks that can be learnt quite quickly, and as your doing lap after lap you can improve your time through the event. and a pit stop can add to the fun
this is not the case with the green hell,
For a few drivers its a great track but for many its a short night of racing..:( As they try to keep up with guys who have done many laps of the track. I have to look at all my drivers when picking tracks and cars for club races.
I test each track and car for the events doing a number of laps looking for possible problems. It has to be hard enough for the good drivers to keep them interested but also not to hard that you cant feel competitive if you just turn up on the night. At times it a fine line to get it correct and provide fun for all.:)

Guus Verver :)
I have found a 1970 NORDSCHLEIFE found HERE and will look at doing a time trail event on it
leave it up for a set time to see what interest we get. Won't be for a couple of weeks though giving you a chance to try it out and get a feel for the car
I am thinking Porsche 934-5 found HERE

I will post details when i have it ready :)

Guus Verver :)
I have found a 1970 NORDSCHLEIFE found HERE and will look at doing a time trail event on it
leave it up for a set time to see what interest we get. Won't be for a couple of weeks though giving you a chance to try it out and get a feel for the car
I am thinking Porsche 934-5 found HERE

I will post details when i have it ready :)

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: great car choice aswell. But I dont think a time trial will appeal to many people, what about just having a race event? with the race07 club the races on Nordschleife usually attract very large (20+) grids and I cant think of a reason why it wouldnt be like this in GTL. Time trial just isnt as much fun as a race event.

it gives a chance for people to try the track in there spare time, Get on the server maybe drive with guys that can show them the way in a relaxed way..
We often post when where on the servers so we could end up with a few on and it all can start form there..
We already have the Series and the Endurance events running as well as the club events, this can take up allot of time for certain guys me included. So a few weekends of getting on the server could really benefit a club night round the Nordschleife

i have noticed after the poll i did about how you want to race, that a few guys wanted to use the same tracks more so they can get used to it this seems to be working so ill carry on in the same way
lets just see how it goes...

Last race 07 event was FWD (say no more)
before that it was mini (low turnout)
Also GT cars (good grid size but to many crashes)

For every positive comment there were also lots of apologies from people about crashing or being caught up in accidents.. :(
This is what we don't want, so ill start with a time trial and go from there.. :)

And people are not just busy with other events here either. People in North America tend to be working at the time of the races and they cannot always participate. I think we will see a few people posting times who were previously unknown to the normal races.

Please forgive me if you guy's already know this but with the 70's version you get a legal chance to circumvent the long outlap by using the Betonschleife track layout. e.g. look for tarmac on your RHS after Nordkehre.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 307 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 212 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 204 10.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 155 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 271 13.6%