GTL races

Amir, the reason that there are no GTL races programmed at the moment is because Andy is away, and I have been away for the past week and I'm heading off again tomorrow for two weeks.
However, the support for GTL Events recently has been very poor, with basically nobody signing up or joining races.
Andy and I will discuss this more fully in a couple of weeks when we both return, but unless the members of Racedepartment start showing more support for GTL, it is hard to justify all the planning and preparation for events.

No decisions have been made, but I would like to see GTL continue here, but in the end, it is up to our members to show the needed support. Ideas are welcomed.

hey warren. hope you will have a good trip.
as for the races, i think the reason why many pepole did not join the last races was because of all the new addons to race07.
i look forward to the next planned race and promise to be
there. as for the rest of the guys ,garry,simon, peter, hans, ben simon,sam and many more come on join us .the races we had were very close .lets not loose the spirit of gtl . maybe a 70s league?

Agreed with you there Amir. For my part, after the league finished I wanted to try out some other things in Race 07, GTR:E etc. Now I find myself itching for a bit of vintage action again.:D So fingers crossed for a couple of weeks time. In the meantime, Warren, Andy, hope you have good breaks.:wave:

Simon:)

• Andrew Evans

Trying to find a copy of GTL has been difficult. EBay to the rescue again.

i got mine straight off amazon... only realised later it was via one of those ninja shop outfits... but twas new and came asap....

that was last week - since then it's sat on my desk waiting to be installed... if/when these races pick up again, i'm there...

if not, there's always historix... ra ra ra :peace:

And I've got my version since yesterday. An astonishing 13 euros..
Man do I love this game! Money, progress, competitions, all the things I miss so badly in GTR(2/Evo)

Monitoring GTL Club, but I don't see much activity... :(

Andy and I are planning a GTL Revival event very soon. It has had a short break while some of us recover from the recent GTL League, but GTL will be returning to the Racing Club within the next week or so.
Keep practicing with these great classic cars, the fun is about to return.

BTW, for those wanting some vintage racing, we have a Historix Mini event scheduled: (just for me lol)

http://forum.racedepartment.com/clu...nis-vallelunga-sunday-30-november-2008-a.html

I'd love to see you guys join this one.

I think that I sign up for this wan, but there are some festivities that day with the family,so I am not sure if I can make it on time(did a few rounds its very nice to drive,did a 2.10.xxx )

Glad to here that there will be some activities again Warren, most of the guys are in Evo and that will not run good on my old rick so racing on line is not possible for now but I am busy with a new Comp. take's a lot of time to put in all my stuff.
Cant wait to here what is coming for GTL

Hans

Just had a tip-toe around Goodwood (thanks for the hints Warren) in a Mustang (thought I'd branch out a bit from the 'Tina.) Maybe it's nostalgia, maybe it's just genius on the programmers part, but the sounds of GTL are just sooooooo intoxicating. Nothing beats them.:music2:

PS received my 2nd 'backup' disc from Play.com this am, GTL is now as much a fixture on my PC as GPL is.

Simon :)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 223 14.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 154 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 150 9.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 117 7.7%
  • < 5 years