GTL PDT

Seems like those on PDT/PST with a job are pretty much screwed as far as GTL Club racing. I get it. Those drivers near the GMT line aren't going to set alarms for 3am their local. So does GTLC ever run on weekends or are there enough drivers a few time zones out to designate another night or something? I like RD and would like some friendly multiplayer. But at 8GMT I'm at work. Any suggestions? Just wondering. I'm not the quickest but clean. Thanks in advance.

We race on Tuesday, Thursdays and Sundays, but we've recently moved over to a mod for rFactor - HistorX 1.96 - on Sun/Thurs.
The mod uses a lot of the content from GTL. So much so, in fact, that you need to own a legitimate copy of GTL to activate the mod. It has updated physics and graphics but still includes all the default cars from GTL plus many more from that era (we're not using modded cars ATM).
Practice starts at 8pm GMT but the 1st race starts at 9. Some people can only make one race and this is perfectly ok. The only thing we ask is that you get out on track for at least 10 mins in practice, just so you get a feel for how other people are driving the track (braking points etc).
I think I'm correct in saying that we move from GMT to BST next Sunday (DST spring forward) which I guess will make it even earlier for you? Sorry about that.
Hope this answers some of your questions, if you have any more just ask.

Edit: I can think of at least 4 drivers from North America who race GTL - @Yves Larose, @Jack Smith, @Phil Brown and @Hiroshi Awazu. Maybe these guys can tell you more about racing Stateside.

Last edited:
Thanks a TON Denis! I will be looking to set this up for Sunday. 1 question prior. I'm running no aftermarket graph card. Intel dual i3 @ 3.3, 4 GB RAM, (inhouse) Intel Fam HD Graphics 2000 card with 64MB dedicated video memory (c. 1500MB shared). With the necessary update/download, does it raise the min req? Now GTR 2 and GTL run smooth as silk. Race 07 runs at acceptable FPS but not as liquid as GTR 2 or GTL. I'll try it this weekend. The time you took in your response is much appreciated Denis.

Thanks a TON Denis! I will be looking to set this up for Sunday. 1 question prior. I'm running no aftermarket graph card. Intel dual i3 @ 3.3, 4 GB RAM, (inhouse) Intel Fam HD Graphics 2000 card with 64MB dedicated video memory (c. 1500MB shared). With the necessary update/download, does it raise the min req? Now GTR 2 and GTL run smooth as silk. Race 07 runs at acceptable FPS but not as liquid as GTR 2 or GTL. I'll try it this weekend. The time you took in your response is much appreciated Denis.

My computer is running near similar specs to yours and i can run rFactor, GTL and GTR2 on high graphics settings with decent enough fps. There are a few tracks out there that give me fps issues but luckily those tracks never get used here.

Race 07 was not as good for me as well. I had to run it on either med or low graphics settings to get decent fps and a lot of the tracks for R 07 didn't run well for me.

I also use Razor Gamebooster which shuts down some unnecessary background applications and it appears to work for me.

On your rFactor's desktop shortcut if you right click and go to Properties and add +fullproc +highprio to the target it helps a bit on the games performance. Well it did for me anyways.
Untitled-1.png

Edit: And yes i'm one of the PST/PDT guys. Usually races start at 12:00pm for me but because now we're in PDT, races start at 1:00pm. I'm kinda lucky that i work evenings so when i'm not busy during the day i can join the gang for some racing.

Last edited:
My computer is running near similar specs to yours and i can run rFactor, GTL and GTR2 on high graphics settings with decent enough fps. There are a few tracks out there that give me fps issues but luckily those tracks never get used here.

Race 07 was not as good for me as well. I had to run it on either med or low graphics settings to get decent fps and a lot of the tracks for R 07 didn't run well for me.

I also use Razor Gamebooster which shuts down some unnecessary background applications and it appears to work for me.

On your rFactor's desktop shortcut if you right click and go to Properties and add +fullproc +highprio to the target it helps a bit on the games performance. Well it did for me anyways.
Untitled-1.png

Edit: And yes i'm one of the PST/PDT guys. Usually races start at 12:00pm for me but because now we're in PDT, races start at 1:00pm. I'm kinda lucky that i work evenings so when i'm not busy during the day i can join the gang for some racing.

Untitled-1.png

Word up Hiroshi. I feel u. I may try that tool out as I keep the Performance Monitor u and start "End Process" spamming to get usage around low 40% prior to boot. But some not sure if needed and don't touch. I actually don't mind low graph and bells&whistles as long as FPS is acceptable. Thanks Hiroshi.

Last edited:
In order to install any versions of HistorX you need to buy rFactor. Personally i think rFactor is still worth buying even though the price is kind of on the high side but there is lots to offer in ways of mods and tracks and there are still modders out there developing for this great ol sim.

Heck, i'd buy it just to be able to have the HistorX mod :thumbsup:

Point well taken, Hiroshi. But will my specs even handlr rF on lowest of low settings until I get a graph card?

More and likely yes only because you're already running Race 07 and also the fact that i'm running rFactor on a computer with similar specs to yours but don't take me 100% on this.

I just have a feeling you'll be able to run rFactor.

You can always just give it a try with the demo

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 344 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 236 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 233 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 175 7.9%