[GTL] Pantera Challenge @ Silverstone 1988 14th May 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Andy Marsden

• Andy Marsden

Well guys I have been given the privilage of setting up another GTL event for everyone to enjoy. Come one and all to the Pantera Challenge event at the 1988 version of Silverstone, a much faster and flowing version of the home of British Motorsport.

panterachallengepb6.jpg

Event details
Game: GT Legends
Date: 14th of May 2008
Server: RaceDepartment.com
Car: DeTomaso Pantera
Skins: Default only
Circuit: Silverstone 1988 (Here)
Password: Here

Event schedule (GMT time)
Practice: 18:00, 60 mins
Qualifying: 19:00, 30 mins
Race: 19:30, 30 lap race

Server settings
Allowed driving aids: Auto clutch/auto gears
Weather: Dry
Failures: Normal
Pitstops: One mandatory (For hints on a bugfree pitstop see Warren's post here)
In-game start time: 1800

Signups
1 Andy Marsden
2 Jerome Benard
3 Warren Dawes
4 Jerome Martin
5 Hans Sneep
6 Theo de Bruin
7 Simon Bacon

Reserves
1 Sam J - Attendance doubtful due to possible death of Graphics Card

• Andy Marsden

Moved up to the 'active' list Jerome, welcome! :)
No probs Eck, could you keep me posted on Sam if poss. please mate? Cheers

Andy

• Andy Marsden

Warren is right, the Cadwell Park event a few weeks ago was great fun even with the small attendance. Silverstone may be a more open track but with the Panteras it will be interesting for sure.
Quick question - are the Red and Yellow Panteras faster than the Black & White one?

Andy

Sorry Andy, can't make it...sold my processor for a good price today, so I can't use my Game/system at the moment.
I can buy a new processor next week, a nice E8500 :alla:

The one I write this post with, is a very old AMD system...only use this for Internet.

I am not able to race, for about some weeks I am afraid...SORRY RACE FRIENDS :)

Have a great time !!!!!!!!!!

Hans ;)

• Andy Marsden

Dont worry Hans, if the outcome is a better processor than thats fine :)
Hopefully see you at Bathurst next week, the rest of you: see you online in a mo :D

Andy

• Andy Marsden

Well that was quite an enjoyable event, and the Panteras are a challenge! :D

QUALIFY
Managed 4th which was ok, disappointing to see that Simon and Theo didnt show up, never mind :)

RACE
Had a decent start, we where 3 abrest into T1 which would make for a good screenie! Was up to 2nd after Maggots/Becketts until we hit Stowe and Jerome B found his way into my blind spot and we touched at the apex, putting me into a spin (no worries there mate, it was a racing incident :)) and down into 4th. Lost it again on T1 and dropped to 5th (and last) where the game decided to classify me as lapped for no apparent reason!
Pitted at the end of Lap 17 but forgot about the limiter as I exited and got a stop/go - yes i'm a muppet! :D
Stayed last till the end but still enjoyed the race as I managed to hold the Pantera together till the end (poor thing was a bit porly with a dented body, no splitter and damaged suspension after kissing the wall on about Lap 8). Congrats to everybody for doing the same, don't think i've had an online race yet with no retirements!
Overall a fun evening and I hope I get the chance to arrange another GTL event soon.
Thanks for a clean and fun evening guys! :thumb:

Andy

A very enjoyable event, even though the numbers were disappointing.
The Pantera is certainly a beast to keep under control, but you can't beat that sound. Great track choice Andy, Silverstone's longer straights and sweeping bends gave the Pantera plenty of scope to show it's speed.

Qualified on pole, which is a first for me.
It was a bit of a fright to see the track was dark at the start, so lights on immediately. Cool sight. :thumb:

Managed a clean start but I could see the three wide battle behind me, very spectacular but unfortunately it lead to some early spins. This allowed me to open a comfortable lead over Jerome Martin which stayed pretty steady till he must have had a spin. I imediately managed a spin of my own and the gap closed to about 8 secs. I held the lead for about 20 laps but now had Hans keeping me honest. I pitted earlier allowing Hans to take over the lead. However a few laps later when Hans pitted, my lead was much greater, so his pitstop must have been slower.
Managed to keep it on track to the finish to take my first GTL win. :jumping:

It was fun, and a pity we don't have more support for GTL, the driving model is superb, and quite a challenge.

Quali second not bat but lost it by the start, it was dark, to late with lights,spin in the first corner join on last spot get a good race pace and get one by one until 2 place.
Warren was to far ahead, spinof by ofertaking a backmarker lost sam more time get the lead wen Warren was in the pits next lap to the pits, a car in front of my place cost me 10 sec got to mutch fuel get out after 52 sec and Warren was going faster and faster ...Finely end the race 2 place make me happy on my 3 race in GTL, loking forward to Bathurst,

Thanks Andy for setting this up

Se you Hans

Sorry to have missed this one, my phone line has been faulty at home for a week, finally got them back working this morning. BT said I should have had a connection yesterday but try as I might I couldn't get online last night:( Hope to see you all at the next one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 346 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 241 10.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 238 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.9%