[GTL] Pantera Challenge @ Silverstone 1988 14th May 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Andy Marsden

• Andy Marsden

Well guys I have been given the privilage of setting up another GTL event for everyone to enjoy. Come one and all to the Pantera Challenge event at the 1988 version of Silverstone, a much faster and flowing version of the home of British Motorsport.

panterachallengepb6.jpg

Event details
Game: GT Legends
Date: 14th of May 2008
Server: RaceDepartment.com
Car: DeTomaso Pantera
Skins: Default only
Circuit: Silverstone 1988 (Here)
Password: Here

Event schedule (GMT time)
Practice: 18:00, 60 mins
Qualifying: 19:00, 30 mins
Race: 19:30, 30 lap race

Server settings
Allowed driving aids: Auto clutch/auto gears
Weather: Dry
Failures: Normal
Pitstops: One mandatory (For hints on a bugfree pitstop see Warren's post here)
In-game start time: 1800

Signups
1 Andy Marsden
2 Jerome Benard
3 Warren Dawes
4 Jerome Martin
5 Hans Sneep
6 Theo de Bruin
7 Simon Bacon

Reserves
1 Sam J - Attendance doubtful due to possible death of Graphics Card

There is a chance I will be back home about that date. If I am home, I'll try to join, I tried the Pantera at Hockenheim and loved that beast (not easy to drive though).

I'll let you know in a few days if I can make it, but include me as a reserve.

• Andy Marsden

Welcome guys! Add-on skins allowed Hans, please see the note i've added above.
I've added you to the reserves as requested Warren, hope you can make it! :)

Andy

• Andy Marsden

Welcome guys! :)

I thought it was agreed to use default skins after the last event:
http://forum.racedepartment.com/daily-race-nights/3705-%5Bgtl%5D-battle-british-fords-%40-cadwell-park-25th-april-2008-a.html#post87474

Did you check this with Gareth as he will have to install the pack on the server as well?

Apparently it shouldn't have any effect as long as its just a skin as if you dont have one thats someone else is using it displays a defualt skin, I believe its just add-on cars they need to be loaded to the server. If someone could confirm this that would be great otherwise we can revert back to default skins.

Andy

I can confirm, skins don't affect the game. No one needs to download them. (Why I'd never use them, they become the default skin for that car. So, with only three cars to choose from you either see everyone (using the particular car) in an original skin, or the new one.)

Standalone cars, are a real necessity, for everyone. As I described in the Ford thread: forum.racedepartment.com - View Single Post - [GTL] Battle of the British Fords @ Cadwell Park - 25th April 2008

Do not confuse the two, a skin is a single (or pair of) texture/s. A standalone car, has all the file structure of an original car.

• Andy Marsden

Cheers for that Eck :)
Add-on skins are allowed then guys but I would prefer if we share a skinpack for uniformity on screenshots and replays if thats ok with everyone?

Andy

P.S. Eck, are you up for this event?

A skin pack wouldn't work, say use x,y and z skinpack. Then use x on car #80 (just as an example). Everyone who runs car #80, will have x. You can't get a variety of skins, like Race07. To gain a variety of cars you'd need standalones... and thats way too much hassle, for fun events.

• Andy Marsden

So just downloading all the skins that everyone wants to use then putting them all in a zip file for people to DL from the forum then unzip on to their machine wouldnt work?

Andy

• Andy Marsden

needs to be a pack of Stand Alone (semantics, lol) cars if you want everyone to have their own skin visible but that would work fine Andy.

Sam

PS. are you only a DoW player or TT as well?

Cool, we'll have to give it a go...or just setup a trial event to test it beforehand.

Dow, TT and the novels mate :) Though DoW got me into 40K in the first place.

Andy

To use a skin on a car, the textures have to be named exactly the same as the textures inside the GTL files.
So, if you want to use a skin with car #80 (again), it'd be named 80_detomaso_pantera_body1.dds. If you want to put in a second skin for car #80, it'd have to be named the same... hence it would overwrite the first skin.
You have no facility to load a skin seperately in GTL.

• Andy Marsden

Ah well default skins it is then, shame as there some nice ones on NoGrip - nothing stopping me from using them in single player though I guess :)

Andy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 313 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 214 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 211 10.4%
  • < 4 years