GTL "New Lobby" Fix - The definitive RD guide.

Stuart Thomson

The Stoat Without Fear ™
Premium
As requested in another thread, here's a simplified and collated version of the "new lobby" fix, which is what we'll be trying to use going forward.

The new lobby requires a new file and a small registration process.

1. Download the file and drop it into your GTL installation folder - download
2. Open GTL
3. Go to Multiplayer -> Internet
4. Click on the "Register" button
18649d1255274423-gtl-new-lobby-fix-definitive-rd-guide-4.jpg

5. Enter your details - please note that this does NOT have to be your previous user/password combination. It will not affect your name online, as that is taken from the profile name.
18650d1255274423-gtl-new-lobby-fix-definitive-rd-guide-5.jpg

6. Click the Orange Arrow - NOT the Log-In button - You will get a "Registration accepted" message
18651d1255274423-gtl-new-lobby-fix-definitive-rd-guide-6.jpg

7. You'll be taken back to the Log-In screen, click the Orange arrow
18652d1255274423-gtl-new-lobby-fix-definitive-rd-guide-7.jpg

8. At the new lobby, select RD game as normal.
18653d1255274423-gtl-new-lobby-fix-definitive-rd-guide-8.jpg

Attachments

• 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 1,242
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 1,248
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 1,240
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 1,262
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 1,271
I suspect if Hans re-registers from scratch, (ie totally new lobby user name and totally new lobby password) he'll be OK.

He can then just use that one log on on both copies of GTL he has, it's his first error message of "registration failed" and reports of typos, and not entering a correct second password elsewhere that makes me think it's going to be something simple like that.

Bierbuden GTL-Lobby new IP-Address

We had some problems in running the "new" lobby at the current server since the physical machine was already to busy with some game server and our bierbuden-seeder (management software for our peer to peer autodownload solution in the last days.

This leaded into the situation that the lobby was down at least twice a day and the respond time was a bit slowly.

So rented we a dedicated server for lobby now and moved the lobby to this new machine hopefully the problems will disappear that way.
thumbup.gif

In case you're in trouble connecting to the lobby pls. do a ipconfig /flushdns and reboot your router (if any).

Afterwards gtl-lobby.bierbuden.de should be resolved to the ip 87.106.79.180.

The update period of the worldwide DNS servers can't be controlled so maybe your favorite gameserver is still using the old lobby meanwhile your updated DNS server will lead your to the new one.....

In case you would like to chose a lobby (the "old" or the "new" one) manually pls add a line to your hostfile (C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts)

add: 87.106.246.159 gtl-lobby.bierbuden.de # for the "old" lobby
or: 87.106.79.180 gtl-lobby.bierbuden.de # for the "new" lobby

Dear Sysops: Pls. check your DNS resolution to make sure your gameserver is using the new one already and restart your GTL game servers

cheers,
Uwe
so no panic mode, just wait

i cant get it to work stu, when i get to number 5 Enter your details. i put my original details in and it said user alreay exists. so i enterd a made up name and password but then when it got to 7 You'll be taken back to the Log-In screen, click the Orange arrow, it says invalid name ect :(

• Marcin Piatkiewicz

grr i can't register in GTL... :(

message "could not connect to the server"
i have LOCAL_IP_LOBBY.TXT in GTL folder (in txt is gtl-lobby.bierbuden.de)
the server is working (Bierbuden GTL-Lobby ONLINE)
i can ping gtl-lobby.bierbuden.de trough cmd (and it is ip 87.106.79.180)
in PLR file in my gtl profile i've got:
Host IP Address=""
Online Server="LOCAL_IP_LOBBY.TXT"

any ideas? i'm out of :(

edit:
what name should i use?
from forum "Macin Piatkiewicz" or any?
and what password?
*any?
*my password to forum?
*password from "Thread: Passwords" for Licensed members?

ps. a've also registred at altbierbude.de

Ryan Callan said:
Use any password - again though make sure your in-game profile is you real name :)
i'll check it, thanks! :)

edit2: i created new profile with real name, tryed twice it doesn't work - general error :(

i have changed in plr Online Server="LOCAL_IP_LOBBY.TXT" back to Online Server="GTL_server.TXT" still doesn't work
:( :( :(

edit3: i do not have firewall...

edit4:
GTL is connectong or trying connecting to lobby, the ip is ok... bu i got errorr - general issuses :(

my log:
tcp 192.168.1.100:2097 87.106.79.180:803 gtl.exe Unknown 352 210 0 0 16.907s default

edit5: i'm using Windows XP...

Hi guys, i am not sure what to do.. i tried to download "the file" on first page and it doesn't work (i can't download it)...
after i downloaded the lobby file from Ryan here, i putted it to GTL installation folder and Registration failed "general issues" (i followed the guide)... i tried a lot of nicknames and e-mail addresses... didn't help
my question is - that lobby file from Ryan, is that "the file" on first page? if so, what i have to do to get it works? i checked some messages here, nothing helped...
thank you

EDIT: and another one, does it work only for RD servers?

Ok, I tried to be positive but now I am so agonized... I tried everything and I can't get my GTL working fine... It looks like I have the same problem as Marcin have. Registration failed: general issues! I guess my login is OK, username, password, e-mail...profile. I renamed lobby file, I retyped informations in PLR, nothing helped me... IP and connection is OK, but I am not sure that I clearly understand this error. Maybe, I am on Vista 64-bit. Any ideas? I'd like to try TC65 event, but without GTL...

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back