[GTL] Minis Conquer the Mountain - 23-5-2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

Warren Dawes

Premium
Hi to all GTL fans. I've wanted to host this one for a long time.

Back in 1966, Australia's famous Gallaher 500 Bathurst Event (fore-runner to the current Bathurst 1000) was completely dominated by the humble little Mini Cooper S, which took out the first 9 places. Well, we are going to relive that famous race at RaceDept in GTL.
Experience the legendary handling of the Mini on one of the most thrilling tracks in the world, Mount Panorama, Bathurst.

bathurstflyerli5do7.png

Event details
Game: GT Legends
Date: Friday 23rd of May 2008
Server: RaceDepartment.com
Car: Austin Cooper S
Skins: Default only
Circuit: Bathurst ver 1.1 Here)
Password: Here

Race Conditions: Fuel usage, tyre wear, and damage normal.

Event schedule (GMT time)
Practice: 18:00, 60 mins
Qualifying: 19:00, 30 mins
Race: 19:30, 18 lap race

Server settings
Allowed driving aids: Auto clutch/auto gears
Weather: Dry
Failures: Normal
Pitstops: No mandatory pitstops for this one, just the pure challenge of this magnificant track.

Signups
1 Warren Dawes
2 Kristofer Larsson
3 Krister Larsson
4 Winston
5 Traumatic
6 Tobias Röhner
7 Hans Sneep
8 Sam_J
9 crazydoc[BZH]
10 Patrick Wanst
11 Jerome Benard
12 Theo de Bruin
13 Daniel Pettit
16 dane[BZH]
17 Bram Hengeveld

Reserves
1 Evo9

• shenken

Well I think GTL is not up to my liking so i´ve uninstalled it again since it nearly destroyed my entire Vista x64 OS. After installing it said I should restart to have the SF driver working properly. After that my Vista didn´t boot anymore so I had to run the last working configuration and was able to get back to Vista. After updaing that crap SF protection driver it took nearly 2 mins until my CD drive recognized my DVD. After this shock i´ll unintalled this piece of software and hopefully Simbin will never use this crap anymore. It doesn´t protect software. Hackers will be always able to hack such stuff so guys use a better protection which isn´t so hostile to Operating Systems.

piece out :)

• shenken

Steam makes it easier. I purchased Race07 in a store but I know that I also can download this game too if my DVD gets broken. Steam is a good platform to sell games and to hook up on the internet to play games :)

Lol, its just me and Winston calling it like we see it, thats all.

I'd rather have been driving at that point but after about 20 near misses my luck ran out about mid distance and I vaulted it well and truly over the wall.

Good stuff at the front though

• Jerome Benard

Very nice race for me, i'm very happy tonight for my first GTL Win.:disco:

I make qualify with full tank because i forgot to remove. I think i start 7 or 8.

I make a good start and i backtracked drivers one to one, i pass Tobias for the 3° place and manage to ctch up Evo9 and Warren. I take the lead when EVO9 break its engine.

After i make an error and touch the wall and i have a big chance :angel:to go because i make a barrel. Warren pass me, but i was to hot and pass him for last laps and i control at the end.:D

Thanks all for this close race.

CYA

What a brilliant race ( for me anyway).
Qualified P3 (or P2 ??) but right on the start signal, Traumatic disappeared and I was gifted the lead. Evo passed me on lap 1 over the mountain top, and then we settled into a great scrap for about 12 laps, never more than about 0.5 secs apart. Just as I was right on his tail entering The Cutting, Evo's engine blew in spectacular fashion. Flames, black smoke everywhere. I couldn't see a thing and while I was cleaning the soot from my windscreen, Jerome blew past into the lead. I then latched onto Jerome's tail for an epic scrap. I managed to do the race fastest time on the last lap but Jerome held on to win by a couple of car lengths. What a finish after 18 laps on intense racing over the mountain. :jumping:

Congratulations to Jerome, great drive and win. :thumb:
Thanks to all who turned up. Go the Minis.

It's a fun track!
Qualified around 12th position I think, had a good start, for a moment I feared I made a jump start but I got no penalty.
I could follow the guys in front reasonably and decided to drive carefully as it was going to be a looong race. Still I managed to hit one of those dreaded walls slightly and I flipped and spinned all over the place, landing on my roof lol! :D But flipped back on my wheels again. Was completely disorientated and I had no idea which way I had to go to LMAO! Fortunately I picked the right direction.
After that I had some fun trying to catch up on crazydoc, which I gradually did, but unfortunately he made a mistake in turn 1 where I passed him easily.
After that it was a lonely boring race for the last 8 or 9 laps or so... though I think Yoeri was trying to catch up on me at the end of the race... :D Finished in 5th position. I never actually expected to finish in the first place! :homer:

Big congrats to Jerome!! :thumb:

Cheers all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 315 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 216 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 213 10.4%