[GTL] Minis Conquer the Mountain - 23-5-2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

Warren Dawes

Premium
Hi to all GTL fans. I've wanted to host this one for a long time.

Back in 1966, Australia's famous Gallaher 500 Bathurst Event (fore-runner to the current Bathurst 1000) was completely dominated by the humble little Mini Cooper S, which took out the first 9 places. Well, we are going to relive that famous race at RaceDept in GTL.
Experience the legendary handling of the Mini on one of the most thrilling tracks in the world, Mount Panorama, Bathurst.

bathurstflyerli5do7.png

Event details
Game: GT Legends
Date: Friday 23rd of May 2008
Server: RaceDepartment.com
Car: Austin Cooper S
Skins: Default only
Circuit: Bathurst ver 1.1 Here)
Password: Here

Race Conditions: Fuel usage, tyre wear, and damage normal.

Event schedule (GMT time)
Practice: 18:00, 60 mins
Qualifying: 19:00, 30 mins
Race: 19:30, 18 lap race

Server settings
Allowed driving aids: Auto clutch/auto gears
Weather: Dry
Failures: Normal
Pitstops: No mandatory pitstops for this one, just the pure challenge of this magnificant track.

Signups
1 Warren Dawes
2 Kristofer Larsson
3 Krister Larsson
4 Winston
5 Traumatic
6 Tobias Röhner
7 Hans Sneep
8 Sam_J
9 crazydoc[BZH]
10 Patrick Wanst
11 Jerome Benard
12 Theo de Bruin
13 Daniel Pettit
16 dane[BZH]
17 Bram Hengeveld

Reserves
1 Evo9

Sorry, cant race this one - tried to run GTL, restarted and that was the end of vista thanks to starforce. Managed to get it to work by choosing last known good config... but i don't really want to chance it again.

Have fun :)

James, don't know what problems you had but I very recently installed my GTL on Vista, and of course it wouldn't work. But after following the simple instructions here (first post) it worked fine.:

How to: Install GT Legends on Vista Ultimate 64 bit - NoGripRacing

I had it still installed on my XP hard drive, so i tried running it - it installed a starforce driver, i restarted and then vista said it couldn't boot. Last know good configuration fixed it... ill try that guide at some point though, so thanks for that :)

• Andy Marsden

You need to install the update for the Starforce system (which is a pile of arse if you ask me). PM me your email address and i'll wisk the file over to you this evening if you haven't already got it. :)

Winnie - Just try it bucko! :circuitzolder:

Andy

• Andy Marsden

Hey Warren,

I'm going to have to drop out mate, managed to get tickets to see the new Indy on Friday night, sorry :)
See you at Warwick Farm next Wednesday

Andy

All entrants please note:

If you haven't tried this track, it is not easy with some interesting undulations (it is over a mountain). However, due to some bugs in GTL / Bathurst, there is real danger if you hit a wall at even mild speed. You can end up bouncing into outer space and be stuck there. The only way out is to hit Esc.
So please everyone, be very careful, especially with the cars around you, or you (or the other driver) won't be completeing the 18 laps.

Respect the mountain, and your fellow drivers is the rule. :)

Sign me up scotty :) Reinstalling GTL for tomorrow night. Need some racing badly and this seems like the right time to re-enter GTL :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 102 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 134 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 184 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 361 28.0%