GTL in the racing club

Allright, it's been waaaay too quiet around GTL for a while now. I think it's time to dust off those oldies and get some serious racing going on!
I was thinking of setting up a GTL event in the racing club soon. But I'd like too know what the GTL crowd are "waiting" for.

So what track would you prefer? And which car? I always think it's the best to choose cars that are close in performance so you get some close racing, do people agree? Is there interest in single make races (like mini only)? Longer distances or short races?

So let's hear it!!!

I like to try it; have it for years and never played it online.

Anything will do for me; I will adapt :)
But its always good if the cars to be used can match each other somewhat.

If that's difficult with GTL, then cup-event please.

PS. I can only join if its held on Tue/Wed.

I have one very scratched disk that will not work. It installs but fails when the game boots and runs the disk check :( Such a shame it is a fun sim.

Can't you get support from SimBin/10Tacle?
Btw, is the nocd exe an option? I hate these slow starting games because of the DVD check and start them all with the nocd version. Of course you need you normal online key in GTR2 to play online. Don't know if this works for GTL also?

I have one very scratched disk that will not work. It installs but fails when the game boots and runs the disk check :( Such a shame it is a fun sim.

That is a bummer, do you have the latest version of the Starforce drivers? If it fails at disc checking that might be the problem as well? I understand the game does install?

You could also consider contacting Simbin for a replacement disc? Most companies do send out replacements for a small fee...

Edit: Ramon beat me to it!

I will look into it, Im sure ive tried the starforce drivers before and it failed, I'll give it another shot and check if it works but it used to work fine.
Ive never really thought of droping simbin an email for a replacement, I will give it a go if the above fails to work.

Is there a no CD exe for it that works? Did i miss it somewhere? Im all legal but I have never found an exe for it, I run one with GTR2.

Now give me back my lotus cortina :)

I hope we can do some GT events in the future. After my Abarth adventures in the lastest league for GTL i am dieing for some speed :)

I don't mind at all, I'll drive anything badly... lol. If we're gonna make this a regular thing, then we need to have class races too. A GTC '65, then GTC '76 race. Hopefully, the GTC '65 race doesn't just become a GT40 race... lol.

• Andy Marsden

I should have GTL (and GTR 2) within the next few weeks so i'll be up for it! Perhaps using one of the download 'classic' tracks could be fun :)

Andy

• Andy Marsden

You may be best off ordering it online Gareth, I haven't seen it in the shops down here for a while now, it'll probably be cheaper on the net too :)

Andy

maybe we could do GTC-65 but without the GT40... that would be a fun class to race with in my opinion, as the cars aren't too fast and powerful, but if you want you can slide them around a bit and have some fun.. - its also a pretty balanced class if you remove the GT40 :)

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 99 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 132 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 177 14.1%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 353 28.0%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 493 39.2%