GTL DVD without Starforce???

Gotta ask this as it's bugged me for years. I have GT Legends on a legitimate DVD I purchased. It does not have Starforce.
Everything I have ever found online says the DVD versions all had Starforce. I'm just curious if anyone has any information as mine definitely does not.

Starforce was hidden install, that's why people hated it .
i think simbin released the crack for starforce encryption ( GTL 2008 ) for GTL a year or too after the they first closed down and moved to set up RACEROOM .
Simbin then offered a starforce free version . I think around 2010 after W7 was released . If you emailed Simbin the cover, the disc and online serial number of your game they sent you via link and download a free digital un encrypted install version , This lasted for around 1 year. Then GTL finally moved to Steam install a few years later, 2014/15 maybe .

Last edited:
You can buy Steam version around the place for a few $
Install in steam, copy the folder to standalone archive
uninstall steam version
add GTL Anniversary to standalone folder and back it up for any fresh folders
there are a few steam files you can delete no issue

Do the same with GTR2 Steam + Anniversary

Last edited:
maybe an interesting info. In Germany we had in 09/2009 a computer magazine which included GT Legends full game in their issue. THe nice thing is, that this version is without starforce and already patched to 1.1.0.0. I can even play it without DVD. and it was legaly licensed.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 297 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 206 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 200 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 149 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 264 13.6%