GTL Club Nights

Ok, as we are now entering the new league season #8, I thought it best to stick with a default track/car club races for the next few weeks. This is due to those wanting to test & get prepard for the season & if they still have time can just drop in for a quick race or 2. We have had 3 nights now, with a no sign up needed pollicy, which seemed to have gone down well with everybody that has attended & the numbers have been decent. It also seems to bring out some great racing as these default cars/tracks get overlooked a lot of the time. I hope this is ok & once the season gets underway I will look into bringing back some favourite mods & tracks that we all like. See you all on track........

I think it's been a bit quiet because of the server changeover & the fact that Bob is struggling to get away from work early enough. Saying that, i'd be up for something tonight if there's anything planned.

OK - as some of you have noticed, Bob hasn't been around recently - he's got a new job that is currently preventing him from racing, and setting stuff up.

As you know, I stepped down to do League stuff only, but due to Bob's schedule, I'm going to come back to Club work for a while until it calms down for him.

Thursdays have been nigh-on empty for the last month, if not longer. There won't be anything tonight - it always ends up in 3 or 4 of us sitting there knowing it's going to be scrubbed.
Tuesdays are the best attended night for GTL, but Leagues events every other week are disrupting that at the moment. Plus, the lack of dedicated RD download functions are limiting my control for add-on content.

So, what I'm going to do is as follows:

Tuesdays will continue to be the main GTL night, I'll run a mostly default content event next Tuesday, the following week will be the last League race before Christmas, so after that we will have a nice run of club events every Tuesday until the League picks up again in Mid Jan. By that time, I expect RD to have some sort of download facility again, which will make add-on content easier to control.

From next Thursday I'm going to run a few rF Caterham events in that slot.

If enough people (6 minimum) want to race tonight, post in here, and I'll set something up

Thursdays have been nigh-on empty for the last month, if not longer. There won't be anything tonight - it always ends up in 3 or 4 of us sitting there knowing it's going to be scrubbed.
Wait.. people were actually waiting around the server these past three weeks even though nothing was announced? And I could have been waiting there with them?
I would have come if I had known, I just figured that nothing was being scheduled because there was some server related issue hanging things up.

I can show up today.. not that it matters at this point. :/

With DST finishing in Europe, I was hoping to rejoin the GTL Club events now that they are an hour later again.
Pity about Thursdays being dropped though, that suited me more than Tuesdays (due to Rally Club Events).
I'll try to get to as many as I can though.
I haven't been joining the recent Thursday events due to the high chances of cancellations, so I wasn't prepared to hop out of bed early, only to have the event cancelled.

I try to support GTL Racing Club next week, even though Tuesdays and Thursdays are pretty bad for me due to school schedule (a lot of learning from Tuesday -> Wednesday, and I have to go to sleep earlier on Thursday -> on Friday I wake up very early too :( )

While the Boss Series is running on Tuesdays, for the Thursday events, we'll run the same tracks as them, but in some cars that give a different experience, and on tracks that we know people will definitely have. If there is any variation it'll just be running a different layout from the Boss event in one of the Thursday races.

OK - here's an update so you will know what (roughly) to expect over the coming few months.
  1. As we're now in the RDHCS Season, every other Tuesday from now until the 4th Dec will be a League race and - by extension - a GTC-76 event.
  2. To balance my events, I will be running TC-65 events on all the other alternate Tuesdays.
  3. Knut has a totally free hand, and will be providing lots of variety in his Thursday events. He won't necessarily be sticking to the default GTL classes, so be prepared for some very different GTL experiences.
  4. This RDHCS season finishes in the middle of December, and the next one follows pretty soon after with the Test event at the end of January. That's so we don't have our League season running through the Summer holidays that may mean people miss rounds due to being away, and it also allows us to run single make Club Series between the League seasons.
  5. It's no secret that the next League season will be a GTC-65 one, and we already have our vehicle set chosen, so that class will be used slightly less than normal to keep it fresh for the league. That's not to say we won't be sneaking a few in, although we won't be confirming/denying their potential involvement in the League until announcement time.
  6. We do not yet know what car we will be using for the Single make Series. We've had 2 Boss series, and a Mini series, with both being well received, so it's not a car type that works better or worse necessarily. It's the fitting of a car to tracks, and having close racing by a virtue of identical vehicles.

All - as some/most/all of you may be aware, Knut's workload in his upcoming final year of his PhD is going to bury him somewhat with regard to Staffing the GTL Club. It's picking up already, and by early next year he would be forced to have to drop the Staffing role.

He very wisely told me nice and early, so over the past week we have been talking about it, and we have approached and appointed a new GTL Club Staff member. By appointing him early, we can hopefully get a nice, smooth, (hopefully transparent) transition for us all.

Please welcome Rupe Wilson to the GTL Club Staff, and give him all the help and support that you have given me, Knut and all the previous Staff who have had the honour to run the Club.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 297 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 206 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 200 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 148 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 264 13.6%