GTL Car & Track Mod Install Problems

Long time advocate for GTL all the way back in the XP days. Now getting back into it with Steam on Windows 10. I've been able to bring over some old data (player profiles and all cheats file). No problems there. I joined this forum for the latest cars and tracks to install. Following the tutorial, I download the RAR file for a particular car and then extract the sound and teams files of that car into the GTL GameData respective folders. Going back into GTL, it sometimes works but now the whole game crashes to the desktop just before race is to start. When I pull all mod files out, GTL works normally again. Any thoughts on what I may be doing incorrectly?
Love the game and appreciate any support

Sounds like to me there is a missing file. Often times it is a Talent.gtl or a Stex.gtl file that is missing. Even tyre file will cause a car to crash the game. Check your files.

Thanks chrisracer. I confirmed that both *.gtl files are in the teams folder. Seems that some of the track mods uploaded to the location folder create the same effect. Appreciate any other suggestions.

I found most common fix if bug in car displaying is to create a new driver
No need to delete yours
Go to Driver profile, create new one, select it

Also try xcars if you have not this can help
You can disable any cars or skins

xcars.jpg

Last edited:
There is definitely a missing file. Whether it is a stex, talent, driver file. Check the CAS file for the obj files. Then make sure they are all there. Also for whatever files the CAS has listed. There are usually four obj files and the stex and talent and maybe others. Check the HDC file for the tyre file. If the tyre file is missing the the car will not load and cause the crash. I've done this many times converting GTR2 cars to GTL and visa versa. It's almost always a missing file that causes the problem. If you're converting a GTR file, make sure you rename all the GTR files to GTL.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back